• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
An EA game without addon payments??

a30012ea373c7cf43a3fe4af73e4628d_400x400.jpeg

My guess is since the game was pushed, its messed up the dlc release schedule so much that they are abandoning it. Need to start working on the next game.

MGSV might be the fastest and most painless +30 hours i've ever put into a game. And i only just got to episode 21.

I'm not saying this might be one of the greatest games i've ever played but fuck me if i could name a dozen of games i think are better.

so im saying that it's one of the greatest games i've ever played. zero hyperbole, even if the next 20-30 hours are just kojima gaping asshole farting on the screen in 480i I would give him the GOTY right now

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still really upset about what happened to me in Ys: Oath. Not to mention my playtime got inflated by an extra 7 hours because I was AFK, since something came up. I'm not touching this game again for a while, I'm just too depressed over it.

On a less depressing note, from the Sony conference, what has been confirmed for PC too? Just Umbrella Corps?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
MGSV might be the fastest and most painless +30 hours i've ever put into a game. And i only just got to episode 21.

I'm not saying this might be one of the greatest games i've ever played but fuck me if i could name a dozen of games i think are better.

so im saying that it's one of the greatest games i've ever played. zero hyperbole, even if the next 20-30 hours are just kojima gaping asshole farting on the screen in 480i I would give him the GOTY right now

I've had a really good time with MGSV, I'm 30 hours in and at mission 20.
The almost non-existent story pushed it down to the second place in my GOTY, witcher 3 first. But goddamn it's satisfying to blow up some shit with c4 and going into full sniper mode and popping evryones hhead from half a kilometre away.

It's a great game and I would give it 9/10 because I've heard about big things cut from the game(important story stuff) and because the story is literally not there.

I'm still really upset about what happened to me in Ys: Oath. Not to mention my playtime got inflated by an extra 7 hours because I was AFK, since something came up. I'm not touching this game again for a while, I'm just too depressed over it.

On a less depressing note, from the Sony conference, what has been confirmed for PC too? Just Umbrella Corps?

Yes it's the only game so far.

Phawx

OMG CBOT is alive and back xD

where dat?

Steam version of Castle Crashers gets an update. Increased frame rate, bigger textures and more stuff

http://www.pcgamer.com/castle-crashers-update-increases-frame-rate-texture-sizes/

I think my hype for Castle Crashers on the 360 really let me down. I was expecting D&D arcade with Castle Crashers. And it was such a watered down version of it. Even the beat'em-up portion of the game wasn't well executed.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How is the port getting worse?

My first was the resolution being fucked up and not being able to change settings cause all I could see was a corner of the screen which took me multiple restarts of the game to actually get it running. This is an upgrade tbh.

MUnited83

For you.
Awesome news. Bodes well for it to go down to 5 sooner than expected.

Yep. Fuck bowing down.

Eh, the only reason SteamSpy works is because it uses several Steam APIs that need to be authorised. If enough devs and publishers complain about their numbers being out in the open, Valve could revoke the access and SteamSpy would die.

So i heard the same radio message that plays during PT during a mission yesterday in MGSV.

Funny how they were able to sneak that in given how they were forced to rip other things related to PT out.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
What constitutes a shady key site and how do they usually get their keys? I always found these interesting
Users sell keys to this website that then sells it to consumers. You never know where the key came from.

Keys bought in other regions or by stolen credit cards.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey remember a week or so ago when I laid out my case that Capcom is no longer able to to launch full-price AAA games and went over a bunch of stuff. And now Capcom's big TGS announcement is a <$30 multiplayer RE spinoff made in Unity... and still subsidized by Sony? *crickets*

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What constitutes a shady key site and how do they usually get their keys? I always found these interesting

A lot of them purchase bulk copies of physical games (which include Steam keys) in countries with poor economic conditions, thus making them usually very cheap. Since a majority of these Steam keys can be activated worldwide, they turn around and sell these keys to people in countries like the UK and US where economic conditions are much better - and even though they're selling them for well below retail value (sometimes even 50% off or more at launch or shortly afterwards) they still turn a nice profit. They can also be initially purchased with stolen credit cards, making their profit 100%. Some sites even work kind of like eBay where users sell their keys directly and the site takes a cut. Most of the keys that get sold like this are promotional keys given out by the developers (for free) to let's players and Youtube reviewers and such.

Some publishers got wise to this and started making region-specific Steam keys for their retail releases, which is why a lot of the shady sites require you to connect to a Russian VPN while activating (and sometimes even playing) the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom