• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

I got an achievement in Mad Max but it does not show up in the activity feed?
I think they still have to update the app attributes to show any stats and activity of the game publicly.

Some great 1$ deals today, unfortunately I own both BSI and Hitman Absolution already. I should play Absolution on PC sometime, completed it on PS3 when it was released.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
gQurJeP.jpg

Sketch Tales

you still wouldnt be able to do that

stuff you get from GZ unlocks as you play TPP at different points

Even so, I'd still rather have all of it ready-to-go and unlock it whenever I'm supposed to get it.

It's not super important, as I've still got some stuff left to play, but I'd just rather have the GZ stuff knocked out before playing.

i went into a console thread and told people that gamestop is doomed as nextgen will likely be completely digital.

what have i gotten myself into

The team is burnt out on Torchlight and Diablo 3 is happening.

Yeah Diablo 3 finally became fun to play with Loot 2.0, but you know what's great about Torchlight? I can play if offline. When battle.net is getting attacked, when their servers are overloaded because of a major event with another game (or because Blizzard's back-end hasn't kept up with all of their f2p growth), my internet cuts out or I need to play offline, Torchlight was fucking awesome because it just worked offline and was a total blast to play.

I was *this* close to buying Bioshock: Infinite on GMG, but then I remembered that it didn't include the DLC... No way I'm getting it until I can grab the full experience for less than 5$.

titch

Is there a new one? The TellTale one was awesome, but the Devolver one was a bust for me since I own (almost, now that the bird flu was removed from my account) 99% of it.

I'd like a TinyBuild bundle so I could get my hands on Party Hard for cheap since it's not on GMG or Nuuvem.

No nothing new well nothing pre todays update anyway - was lucky i had only to pick up a couple of dupes to get the full discount.

Turfster

They fixed that and updated it to a new download system. It downloads the full thing prepatched now.

Just tried to run it, and it went back to trying to patch 1.02 over 1.03.
Do I have to fucking uninstall it then reinstall?

Uninstall is via the windows add/remove programs, because of course it is.
"go hunt for it yourself. nope, it's not under s!"

Seems you're right about it now being a single 20 gig download, tho.
May I actually be able to fucking play my game again.

Are the older games prepatched too?
Somehow, I doubt it, but I might be wrong!

MUnited83

For you.
Wow.
This might be the slowest humble bundle ever.

1900 purchases

lol

get a hint already Ubi´

i'd put a ban bet down but i dont think this account will make it to 2020 anyhow lol

Microsoft maybe, but Sony? Nah, not seeing it. They rely too much on expanding as much as they can and invest in emerging markets down the line to screw up countries with bad internet speeds and bandwith limits.
With games getting ever bigger digital-only won't happen for a while.

zkylon

zkylewd
if it's wireless streaming then forget out it. I find it to be useless personally. Wired seems fine, though
yeah, it's wired, our two desktop computers hooked on a same router

should be fine?

would i be able to like use my own steam while he plays tho?

The waiting paid off!

EDIT: wait... no LoL player in eSports Icon of the Year ? This thing is bullshit!
league almost always gets ripped off in this things. i think last year they had samsung white as a whole team but most years nothing. it's not like it's the most played game ever or whatever -__-

tho to be fair, this year is a bit more weird. i guess u could put faker in every year for league since he's the bestest and most adorable player of all time and everything but at the same time he's had a solid year, not really an insanely breakout year like when skt won worlds. and also skt lost to edg at the big international tournament so it's not like u can put them as the big team since outside of being undefeated in korea they haven't gotten like that big tournament that matters a lot. and u can't also put edg cos they're not doing so great right now heh

and also worlds hasn't happened yet so yeah, i guess it's ok, clearly this is not a very esports focused thing or anything, but things are kind of muddy to pick someone from league because the big deciding tournament hasn't happened yet

so yeah really dumb to do an esports ranking thing or whatever if you're not waiting for that at least

derExperte

I was *this* close to buying Bioshock: Infinite on GMG, but then I remembered that it didn't include the DLC... No way I'm getting it until I can grab the full experience for less than 5$.

?
The main game is bascially free due to getting 1$ credit back, makes literally no sense not getting it now and the rest later.

Flywrench had a first few days discount right?

wish I had gotten it there. im a cheap bastard

looks so great

The discount was on until 2hrs ago.

Salsa

Flywrench had a first few days discount right?

wish I had gotten it there. im a cheap bastard

looks so great

Sober

such a bummer. torchlight 2 was cool and in some ways better than diablo 3.

I hope runic gets over their funk and make it happen one day at least.
Well for starters a hypothetical Torchlight 3 would have to be closer to Diablo 3. Because the Diablo 2 model of ARPG is seriously outdated these days.

FloatOn

Well for starters a hypothetical Torchlight 3 would have to be closer to Diablo 3. Because the Diablo 2 model of ARPG is seriously outdated these days.

agreed. it needs to rip off console diablo 3 wholesale since blizzard is too up their own ass to give pc players a way to play the game with a controller and couch co op

chronomac

I bought Rainbow Six Vegas on Steam a few months back and could never get my Xbox One controller to work with it (I tried the usual recommendations). So beware if that's what you're hoping for.

Teggy

OG Rainbow Six is not on the Ubi store, so that's kind of interesting. It's not on Steam either. I wonder if they will add Rogue Spear. Those are the only things I don't have in my Steam account, but I'm sure I wouldn't play them again at this point. Super great games, though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of chronomac, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Bioshock Infinite -- MB-4A16003C25BD3028 - Taken by LurkerPrime. 23 entrants total.

t1441138048z1.png

Just tried to run it, and it went back to trying to patch 1.02 over 1.03.
Do I have to fucking uninstall it then reinstall?

Uninstall is via the windows add/remove programs, because of course it is.
"go hunt for it yourself. nope, it's not under s!"

Seems you're right about it now being a single 20 gig download, tho.
May I actually be able to fucking play my game again.

Are the older games prepatched too?
Somehow, I doubt it, but I might be wrong!

You probably do have to uninstall and then reinstall so that it in their new download system. They only updated some games: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1212485-Game-List-Updated-Download-Technology is their forum post about it.

Asgaro

Humble Tom Clancy bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Rainbow Six
  • Rainbow Six 3 Gold
  • Rainbow Six Vegas
  • Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Ghost Recon
  • Rainbow Six Siege Beta
TIER 2: BTA
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  • Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe
  • Splinter Cell
TIER 3: 10$
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Ghost Recon Future Soldier
TIER 4: 75$
  • Rainbow Six Siege
  • T-shirt
  • 60% off 3 Ubi games coupon

All Uplay keys

PSA: If you are in for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, I hope you have better luck than me.

This is one of the few games that I have but seemingly can't run on my system. Every time I tried to change the resolution from the horrible low default, the game would crash. Sometimes also randomly.
This is on an updated Windows 7 64 bits SP1.

Backtracked my post on Steam forums:
Unfortunately I can't play this game. I bought it few years ago but it kept crashing when changing resolution or when I started the first level.
Now I have a new PC build so I tried my luck again. But same issues... Tried all given solutions on the forums.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/13570/discussions/0/866071665472315053/#c846944689771064852

chronomac

Enjoy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
Rainbow Six Vegas (uPlay) -- MB-E60F7F8472CA704D - Taken by gabbo. 1 entrants total.

t1441135948z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom