• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team is burnt out on Torchlight and Diablo 3 is happening.

Yeah Diablo 3 finally became fun to play with Loot 2.0, but you know what's great about Torchlight? I can play if offline. When battle.net is getting attacked, when their servers are overloaded because of a major event with another game (or because Blizzard's back-end hasn't kept up with all of their f2p growth), my internet cuts out or I need to play offline, Torchlight was fucking awesome because it just worked offline and was a total blast to play.

I hear what you're saying, but despite the downsides of always being online, Diablo 3 has improved so much that I feel like I don't even need another loot RPG. There's so much to do in Diablo 3 and with each new season it brings me back. But I wouldn't turn away from a Torchlight 3, it'd just have to bring a lot to the table to get me interested because Diablo 3 has raised the bar so high.

Jawmuncher

What has he done to Rebecca?!
Other than make her uncomfortably sexy.
Is this canon? I've never played zero.

Nah it's not canon just a new mode added to 0. I take it that the game is basically done and they're just sitting on it as to not have it overshadowed by the upcoming holiday releases. Thus why they were able to add a new mode and it getting a retail release next year with the original REmake. Which is cool to me, it's been awhile since we have had a new mode in a Resident Evil game.

Teggy

Nah it's not canon just a new mode added to 0. I take it that the game is basically done and they're just sitting on it as to not have it overshadowed by the upcoming holiday releases. Thus why they were able to add a new mode and it getting a retail release next year with the original REmake. Which is cool to me, it's been awhile since we have had a new mode in a Resident Evil game.

Is it just a palette swap with the original characters or something else?

Dsyndrome

What has he done to Rebecca?!
Other than make her uncomfortably sexy.
Is this canon? I've never played zero.

Uroboros didn't come around until RE5, so no. Just a badass Wesker wrecking shop. Also, he didn't have laser eyes, but he does now. He's also Kryptonian.

Jawmuncher

Is it just a palette swap with the original characters or something else?

Wesker seems to be a whole new addition (Going from the trailer linked), He still has his dash and a new stare ability. I would say this is something like the Hunk mode in RE2. Just a fun extra with it's own objectives.

Teggy

Apparently you get a binocular upgrade so you can pick and choose the soldiers you want with the best stats.

Yeah, that was in Peace Walker (the "Analyzer") although I always forgot to use it, nor was it clear what having better ranks did. I suppose there might have been a manual in there somewhere? I know I was completely confused by like the 20 different stats every character had.

Teggy

Wesker seems to be a whole new addition (Going from the trailer linked), He still has his dash and a new stare ability. I would say this is something like the Hunk mode in RE2. Just a fun extra with it's own objectives.

Yes, I'm sure it will be Wesker that will be the draw for this and not Rebecca in bondage gear ;)

dex3108

Yeap this game looks awesome :D

20445909463_3ee1b146a2_o.png
20879104438_b4cd0c53d7_o.png
21056906042_06a9c8329e_o.png
21046799882_b74a0726b0_o.png

Also Wasteland brings best out of some people :D

Apparently you get a binocular upgrade so you can pick and choose the soldiers you want with the best stats.

I recall seeing that in one of the trailers or something. Hopefully you get the chance for more Fultons as well. Having a good time so far, although the Intro/Outro thing is going to get pretty annoying I think.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Bundle Stars Extras:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Millie -- MB-403DD9A8066DF05E - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.
Frederic: Evil Strikes Back -- MB-F30A75A2FD4F5194 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-AF3843E0BC6D7FE4 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Frederic: Resurrection of Music -- MB-2DFE9D45CECCE0C3 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Sparkle 3 Genesis -- MB-8D28DEA49C83E173 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-6C1E91F795D25508 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Violett Remastered -- MB-403176ED82B05CFD - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.

t1441137028z1.png

Admodieus

What's the deal with GSync monitors these days? Is there a recommended one that is somewhat affordable while also a good quality? I know from the few that I've looked at, the only input is Display Port - is that normal?

Dr Dogg

I dislike that I only have a limited amount of Fultons per mission.

I want to Fulton all the things dammit!

In Peace Walker you upgraded your Fulton so you could get more in your inventory per mission but if you ran out you could always request a supply drop to restock. Default max was 100 Fultons per mission with 10 in your supply to start up increased as you upgraded. I'd imagine something similar in Phantom Pain.

What's the deal with GSync monitors these days? Is there a recommended one that is somewhat affordable while also a good quality? I know from the few that I've looked at, the only input is Display Port - is that normal?

i'd hold off right now till the DX12 dust settles. Seems that we don't know if nvidia cards are up to snuff for DX12 as of right now and you wouldn't want to be saddled with a gsync monitor and nvidia if they start having meh cards

Admodieus

i'd hold off right now till the DX12 dust settles. Seems that we don't know if nvidia cards are up to snuff for DX12 as of right now and you wouldn't want to be saddled with a gsync monitor and nvidia if they start having meh cards

Yeah, I heard about all that. I'd like to get a new monitor in time for Fallout 4 though, as my current one is a 22" monitor from like 2007 that tops out at 1680 x 1050.

Evoland 2, MGSV, Nobunaga and Pirate Warriors 3. Please kill me and then clone me four times.

But you only listed 3 games, what's the 4th clone for?
I have no idea what Nobunaga and Pirate Warriors 3 actually is, but it sounds crazy. Though if it's anything like the horrible One Piece game that was just ported over from Vita, I don't know why you'd bother.

get a hint already Ubi´

I really wonder how much $ they've left on the table by doing uPlay as it's own service... and even more than that by not selling Steam DRM keys through retailers like Amazon anymore. It seems a vast majority of SteamGAF, at the very least, has ubisoft games relegated to the "$5 or less cause it uses uPlay... if I'm feeling generous and want their game at all."

Seems "meh" has taken on additional meanings... way to be specific and use your words to describe your opinions/thoughts/feelings!

Madn

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-662811A88B190F29 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

That Fury Road trailer that Steam has you watch to test if your system can handle the original Mad Max looks way better than any video I've seen on my computer to date, including the same trailer played by way of Youtube

L.O.R.D

damn , i really sucks at MGS4
i put the normal difficulty ( the 3rd option ) , and died maybe 7-8 times
and i am still in the first level

zkylon

zkylewd
Game run's and look's great. You can see cross-gen roots now and there but all in all Avalanche did awesome job.
i'd be more interested in it if i wasn't playing witcha right now and couldn't stand the sight of another open world game if it'd killed me

i also don't much like driving in games so i dunno

like, the skyboxes remind me of rage which is a game i liked quite a lot but again, the driving sections made my enjoyment very uneven so i dunno about this game, really...

Wok

TPP is beautiful and runs really smooth on my PC, while The Witcher 3 had stuttering and GTA V had to be set to minimal graphical settings. I am loving it so far.

What a prologue!

Too much craziness in one hour. Also, everything is so beautiful, couldn't stop taking screenshots at every moment.

MGSV TPP: Overwhelmingly Positive with 2399 reviews and counting.

Blessed KojiPro. Too bad Fox Engine will never grace us in such a way again.

MUnited83

For you.
yeah, doesn't it take like 3 days to properly populate?

maybe give it a day or two

Yes it does.

I've visited both the Mad Max and MGSV SteamSpy pages and they are both online. They contain the name of the game, the steam banner, how many people are playing it, who published it, etc etc.
Hidden game pages are not that way. They have "Results are hidden" as a title, no details at all about the game (not even dev/publisher/genre), no game banner and also have a warning saying " Sorry, results for this game are hidden at request of the developer"

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
With some 400+ friends on Steam, 75% of them are playing Metal Gear Solid V.

Sandwich between them is Ozium, who is NOT A HERO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom