• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

FloatOn

Not spawn rate, trigger volume placement.

If you walked around in a zone (looking for those stupid pages, for example), it was possible to walk through the same volume and respawn all the same fucking monsters.
In a game with ammo conservation and scarcity issues, that's a baaaad thing.

ohhhhhh I see.

I didn't really go out of my way to find the pages so this was never an issue.

I liked Alan Wake but its gameplay is really bad. Conceptually good, but plays poorly. American Nightmare plays much better, but takes things in a different direction.

I found the gunplay just as satisfying as max payne. which makes sense because remedy made those games too right?

AHA-Lambda

what fuckery is this?

how can anyone not like alan wake?

Eh, the game can't figure if it wants to be a horror or not; the mechanics don't fit the tone, plus the combat sucks anyway.

And the plot starts well but once the revelations start to come it disappoints and then ends with a damp squib.

Meh.

Tizoc

Jotun continues to look fantastic
https://youtu.be/DyuE2IcCkoM
From what I've played, first game in a while to really capture that SoTC atmosphere of being a small warrior fighting something towering and powerful

yzwJvXh.gif

i LEARNED of this game rather late but I am really looking forward to playing it.

Turfster

Daily Magicka 2 33% off
Midweek
  • Ace of Spades: Battle Builder 75% off
  • Life is Strange up to 50% off
  • Amnesia FREE, franchise 80% off

FloatOn

Eh, the game can't figure if it wants to be a horror or not; the mechanics don't fit the tone, plus the combat sucks anyway.

And the plot starts well but once the revelations start to come it disappoints and then ends with a damp squib.

Meh.

I liked the ambiguity and I think it walked that line well.

plus viking rock stars. you guys are nuts.

I mean that in the most loving way possible.

derExperte

Life is strange for up to 50% off, hope Ep. 5 is released as early as next week XO

Up to.

I liked the ambiguity and I think it walked that line well.

plus viking rock stars. you guys are nuts.

I mean that in the most loving way possible.

Yo. I don't argue with the Wake-hate-brigade anymore, leads nowhere. Fantastic atmosphere, cool story, looks beautiful and the combat is solid enough (on higher difficulties).

Resident Evil's 20th anniversary game is a multiplayer game made in Unity?

Resident Evil 6 and Dragon's Dogma's massive development budgets and market failures, as well as farming out various franchises to western studios with middling to no success and blowing their MonHun monies on their mobile misadventures finally have caught up to Capcom.

Oh well, at least we're finally getting a PC port of Dragon's Dogma out of Capcom imploding.

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil's 20th anniversary game is a multiplayer game made in Unity?

They mad a big point to say that the anniversary of RE would be from March 2016 to March 2017 (I dunno how that works but that is what they said). RE7 or whatever else is planned will hit during that time. Doubt RE2make will be released before 2018 at the earliest. So the other announcements are either saved for PSX or next year events. Remember Capcom revealed RE6 all by themselves in january 2012. It wasn't tied to any gaming conference.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Redeem on Uplay.

I probably don't hold the same opinion of Uplay as most people, but I can't even bring myself to pay $1 for the first tier of the current Humble Bundle. That's right, I believe so firmly that Uplay is absolute garbage that I'm not even willing to pay $0.17 per game, solely based on the fact that they don't provide Steam keys for games which are all on Steam.

Steam Spy is in a very tenuous position as Valve could revoke their access to the data at any time.

Best to keep as low-key as possible.

if your service is causing scuttlebutt between publishers and developers then the likelihood that is is low key anymore is out the window.

He might be trying to protect the site by bowing to publisher pressure but he's compromising his site's integrity in the progress.

Just leave all the numbers up, this isnt the first publisher making that request and it wont be the last. at least if you never set a precedent you can skate by on treating all publishers equally. Having lost that, he's just made things worse for himself and the site with zero really gained because he's been at Valve's whims on this thing the whole time regardless of his actions. so save yourself a headache or two and just ignore any takedown requests.

Y'all should bought when NewEgg had the whole thing for less than 10 with promo code

I can't buy adventure games anymore unless i get them for 88% off or more. Blame humble for that.

I didn't use clean shave for my Geralt. On clean shave, his beard won't grow.

Max on your screen is using the short combo, right?
Honestly, the default (short?) one is acceptable enough, and it actually fits Max nicely. But I doubt level 4 & 5 will be beardless, it'll be short but with those description.

ooh ok, thats actually really cool! i'll go for a bearded look once both expansions are out (which is when i plan on returning to this year's goty.

oh life is strange ep5 next week? looks like its almost time to start my playthrough (i would've started now but pokemon is my 2nd game atm, don't like to play more than 2 games at a time)

Tizoc

oh life is strange ep5 next week? looks like its almost time to start my playthrough (i would've started now but pokemon is my 2nd game atm, don't like to play more than 2 games at a time)

I never said it's releasing next week, but we hadn't heard anything about Ep. 5's release window in a while, so I was hoping we'd learn something about it's release schedule soon.

Arthea

Frozen Free Fall has no mouse controls, ya, at all, what year is it? 1980 or something?
disgusting even for a free game

Caerith

I found the gunplay just as satisfying as max payne. which makes sense because remedy made those games too right?
Yeah but it's everything else. I mean, you have infinitely respawning enemies who are extremely spongey (and like to spawn right behind you) and extremely limited ammo, so the game seems to want you to run from light point to light point and only engage when you have to, but you seem to be extremely asthmatic and can only run a few steps before doubling over, so the game seems to want you to stand and fight rather than run.

The game has a lot of collectibles, but if you want to explore to find them? Asthma + no ammo + infinite monsters.

I think American Nightmare went too far in the opposite direction (infinite ammo + finite monsters) to the point that you lose the whole "run from light to light" thing and any sense of survival horror, but Alan Wake was so unfun that I almost didn't care.

I hope Alan Wake 2 finds a proper balance. Mostly though I hope Alan Wake 2 happens.

Nzyme32

I probably don't hold the same opinion of Uplay as most people, but I can't even bring myself to pay $1 for the first tier of the current Humble Bundle. That's right, I believe so firmly that Uplay is absolute garbage that I'm not even willing to pay $0.17 per game, solely based on the fact that they don't provide Steam keys for games which are all on Steam.

Pretty much in the same boat

iosefe

I never said it's releasing next week, but we hadn't heard anything about Ep. 5's release window in a while, so I was hoping we'd learn something about it's release schedule soon.
They said that "we would know" when ep 5 was around the corner

Can't recall source, saw it mentioned in one of these threads

MUnited83

For you.
Frozen Free Fall has no mouse controls, ya, at all, what year is it? 1980 or something?
disgusting even for a free game
Yep. Gotta use Space for confirmation as well. Wow.
Humble Store Build your own Kalypso Bundle, 85% off for 5 games
Link? Can't find it on the humble store.

Yep yep yep. It's the most fucking awful client out there and it's nothing more than a redudant piece of crap with absolutely no features of note. It shouldn't exist and has no purpose, and giving Uplay codes for games that are available on Steam is stupid as hell.

Turfster

First tier was worth it to replace my old copies of the Rainbow Six games that are somewhere in a box somewhere, but that second tier was LOLno, even if I'm still missing Vegas 2.

Ubi really needs to step up their fucking game if they want their stupid service to be useful, though.

Sch1sm

Yep. Gotta use Space for confirmation as well. Wow.

Link? Can't find it on the humble store.

Yep yep yep. It's the most fucking awful client out there and it's nothing more than a redudant piece of crap with absolutely no features of note. It shouldn't exist and has no purpose, and giving Uplay codes for games that are available on Steam is stupid as hell.

Link.

I'll probably never play any of those on PC despite buying a good portion of those titles during the summer sale - should have known it was being pulled when they finally put them all at 75% off. I keep uplay to my consoles, just because I can't be bothered with the unnecessary extras.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I can see the point of "we don't want to give people multiple keys for multiple clients, because that would allow people to split purchases" stance. But what would be interesting would be if they gave you the option when purchasing the bundle if you preferred Steam or Uplay keys. Of course if that data were made public it would be interesting to see how many people chose what, but it could be totally private and that'd be okay too as long as users had a choice.

FloatOn

Yo. I don't argue with the Wake-hate-brigade anymore, leads nowhere. Fantastic atmosphere, cool story, looks beautiful and the combat is solid enough (on higher difficulties).

indeed. I got so wrapped up in it back when I had a 360 I beat it and it was a redbox rental.

I really should replay it on pc as I have never done the dlc.

It shouldn't exist and has no purpose, and giving Uplay codes for games that are available on Steam is stupid as hell.

uplay has a purpose though. It's just that Ubisoft doesn't have neither the balls themselves or the confidence in their platform to do an Origin...yet

But they'll do it, they're not going to keep giving 30% of what they perceive to be their money to someone else when they could have it for themselves. And at some point, the lines on the graph are going to cross so as to make taking 100% of less sales seem like a better option than taking 70% of more sales.

I really don't see Ubisoft games continuing to be on steam as they are. they already tried some funny business at the end of last year in Europe with their AAA releases on steam and have been doing some suspect stuff with some of their games on the platform recently. I can totally see them angling to make that transition before the end of next year once they feel like Uplay is up to snuff and that their major AAA game engines are now better accustomed to the PC so that their current gen games aren't as messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom