• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Denuvo is the newest iteration of Starforce, they've just changed the name.

STARFORCE ?

OMG .. i .. remember .. everything
the horror
the nightmares

3UHZtcQ.jpg

its coming back

Phawx

For some reason I have two Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 in my library It seems the only difference is the deluxe and standard DLC. But why would there be two different entries?

MUnited83

For you.
Everyone's mocking the Uplay-Bundle and here I am praying for a Origin-Bundle with Saboteur & Mercenaries 2. I am part of the problem.

At least Origin is an alright client and EA tries to make some new feature over time.

Meanwhile Uplay is a absolute piece of redundant shit that barely works at all and has exactly zero significant features.

MaxiLive

i'd be more interested in it if i wasn't playing witcha right now and couldn't stand the sight of another open world game if it'd killed me

i also don't much like driving in games so i dunno

like, the skyboxes remind me of rage which is a game i liked quite a lot but again, the driving sections made my enjoyment very uneven so i dunno about this game, really...

Well I've played just over an hour and 40% of the gameplay has been driving about and the rest has been on foot combat and exploring. The driving doesn't feel much like driving either as the cars are super heavy and made to smash into everything along with a lot of slomo while aiming and doing combos.

The views are super pretty and it pulls off the post apocalyptic setting of Mad Max wonderfully. That said there is a lot of sand to look at and rusty scrap :p The strongholds have been varied though so far which is nice.

I would stay clear for now in your case as it is a super open worldy game with lots of percentage bars that need filling up. I struggle to leave a stronghold without 100% it >.<

Today has been a good day.

Metal Gear's Goldeneye-tier bloodspatter is making me nostalgic.
At least Origin is an alright client and EA tries to make some new feature over time.

Meanwhile Uplay is a absolute piece of redundant shit that barely works at all and has exactly zero significant features.

I can't justify using uPlay ever. Their always-on DRM shenanigans a few years back make me never want to trust them, not to mention all the horror stories about patching. The garbage uPlay points stuff is another layer of disgustingness.

GOG is the digital platform worth supporting. It should be the future.

I need a custom macro for Rocket League: don't ram me bros! So many shots and clears suddenly aborted by my own team slamming into me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For some reason I have two Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 in my library It seems the only difference is the deluxe and standard DLC. But why would there be two different entries?

There's an NCSA-specific version of the game and the Clancy Pack, which was the only way to get the Deluxe Edition, includes both.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Out of surgery and home resting. Looking forward to a week of marathon gaming.

Also, did Stump talk about B.U.D. without getting that picture of him posted? You guys are slacking.

Chariot

But you only listed 3 games, what's the 4th clone for?
I have no idea what Nobunaga and Pirate Warriors 3 actually is, but it sounds crazy. Though if it's anything like the horrible One Piece game that was just ported over from Vita, I don't know why you'd bother.
Bad at counting or do you not accept Evoland 2 or MGSV as games? And PW3 is very fun. It has only the best of Warrior games and is filled with love for One Piece and detail.

Stupid question time:

For MGSV -- can you start up the game and get daily login bonuses without having to worry about importing a GZ save? If not, where can I find a legit GZ 100% save to import so I can start logging in to amass the bonuses, whatever they do?

Bad at counting or do you not accept Evoland 2 or MGSV as games? And PW3 is very fun. It has only the best of Warrior games and is filled with love for One Piece and detail.

Apparently your understanding of grammar and commas failed to help you realize that the way your list reads, especially to someone with no context (I had context, I'm just being oxford comma police), is that you want to play:

1. MGSV
  2. Evoland 2
  3. Nobunaga and Pirates Warriors 3

Grief.exe

Stupid question time:

For MGSV -- can you start up the game and get daily login bonuses without having to worry about importing a GZ save? If not, where can I find a legit GZ 100% save to import so I can start logging in to amass the bonuses, whatever they do?

You don't really need them. The MB coins are used to purchase more FOB, but those are far from necessary.

You don't really need them. The MB coins are used to purchase more FOB, but those are far from necessary.

Ok, so the daily bonuses only translate to the FOB junk?

Next stupid question: are there any FOB related achievements? If not, I don't think I'll ever give a damn about FOB.

Grief.exe

Ok, so the daily bonuses only translate to the FOB junk?

Next stupid question: are there any FOB related achievements? If not, I don't think I'll ever give a damn about FOB.

Intruder
Play an "Infiltration" FOB mission.

This is the only achievement related to FOBs, which seems to just be invade someone else's FOB.

Yeah, but additional ones. I feel like I am missing out

Doesn't make them any less pointless to the completion of the game.

Ludens

Banned
So, important news regarding TPP, a piece of a content from CE bluray is missing in the Collector's video on Steam.
In the BR there is a 51st unplayable episode in the form of cutscenes, sketchbook, descriptions that basically closes an important gap left in the game
It seems also there is no way to replay Camp Omega mission as Kojima told.

Uzzy

Apparently your understanding of grammar and commas failed to help you realize that the way your list reads, especially to someone with no context (I had context, I'm just being oxford comma police), is that you want to play:

Oh the Oxford Comma. Oxford may be a complete dump, but they sure make some fun grammar rules.

I hear what you're saying, but despite the downsides of always being online, Diablo 3 has improved so much that I feel like I don't even need another loot RPG. There's so much to do in Diablo 3 and with each new season it brings me back. But I wouldn't turn away from a Torchlight 3, it'd just have to bring a lot to the table to get me interested because Diablo 3 has raised the bar so high.

I couldn't play Diablo 3 recently simply because of (windstorm related) network issues. I had a ping that would jump upwards to 700ms, if I had internet at all. You die to trash mobs with latency like that. I was playing by myself too which only added to the frustration. I can play Torchlight no problem with or without internet. I can't play multiplayer Torchlight without internet but I can still play singleplayer. I could play the console version of Diablo 3 with or without internet. I can't always play Diablo 3 on PC because of circumstances beyond my control.

If it wasn't for the HotS mount I wouldn't be playing Diablo 3 again. Mechanically the game is a bit better, I can see it's improved beyond Loot 2.0, but the first four acts--foul butterfly magics, Leah and her stupid inn, Azmo/Diablo Face Time--are the same as they ever were, just awful. I can't space bar my way through the dialogue and cutscenes in this game fast enough. Endgame randomised dungeons and bounties aren't enough. If all of Diablo 3 was as good as Act V, I would understand but it's not. With Seasonal characters you're forced to play through all of this horseshit again without any bonuses from other characters. No Hellfire ring, no leveled up Blacksmith, Jeweler, no items farmed from other characters. Just the same boring grind of a campaign...if you don't get someone to power level you through it all.

People can debate the merits of a Diablo 2 styled arpg vs a D3 styled one but at the end of the day I can always play Torchlight 1/2 and I can't say the same for Diablo 3, I would gladly buy another Torchlight if it had offline single player. Day one.

Oh the Oxford Comma. Oxford may be a complete dump, but they sure make some fun grammar rules.

Doesn't quite live up to Cambridge or Hull does it?

Seems I'm going to be spending most of tomorrow stealing Stump and Dogg's e-mail system, trying to get more organized for Uni. I also have an SSD in the post to be swapped, need to figure out my plans for that too. Then, I'm going to be continuing my pisspoor attempt at a first-time playthrough MGS marathon with Sons of Liberty.

It seems also there is no way to replay Camp Omega mission as Kojima told.

Do any players know if it's something that is only accessed later in the game? I doubt that just because you don't get it right from the get-go, doesn't mean it's not there.

A lot of people seemed to be confused about the save file transfer, and the thread for it is still going in circles as people try to figure out how to unlock things (while others are begging for concrete answers). We're not going to know definitively until (a) someone gets all the way to the end of the game with a GZ-uploaded savefile or (b) someone datamines the game to see if it's there.

Ludens

Banned
Do any players know if it's something that is only accessed later in the game? I doubt that just because you don't get it right from the get-go, doesn't mean it's not there.

A lot of people seemed to be confused about the save file transfer, and the thread for it is still going in circles as people try to figure out how to unlock things (while others are begging for concrete answers). We're not going to know definitively until (a) someone gets all the way to the end of the game with a GZ-uploaded savefile or (b) someone datamines the game to see if it's there.
It seems file transfer only unlocks some staff members and items anyway.

chronomac

Messed around with some of the uPlay bundle and found that Chaos Theory, released in March of 2005, supports the Xbox One controller out of the gate but Rainbow Six Vegas, released in November of 2006, does not.

Turfster

Messed around with some of the uPlay bundle and found that Chaos Theory, released in March of 2005, supports the Xbox One controller out of the gate but Rainbow Six Vegas, released in November of 2006, does not.

Rainbow Six Vegas is a game for real players, not console kiddies!

How are the installs/DRM situations for these games?

chronomac

Rainbow Six Vegas is a game for real players, not console kiddies!

How are the installs/DRM situations for these games?

Chaos Theory requires a separate install process after downloading it, as if you were installing with the CD/DVD, but I don't know how common that is with uPlay titles.

Rainbow Six 3 runs right after downloading but I'm getting this crazy-ass strobe effect right when it launches, even during logos. I'm investigating that now.

Haven't tried Ghost Recon or the original Rainbow Six yet.

Dsyndrome

Don't worry, you only need like a few months to get enough MB for a FOB (remember, one FOB costs like 1700 MB).

So I need to actually play a bit into the game before I start amassing that stuff? No point then for me, won't be there for a while.

Turfster

Chaos Theory requires a separate install process after downloading it, as if you were installing with the CD/DVD, but I don't know how common that is with uPlay titles.
Used to be for everything Blacklist and older, but they fixed a couple.

Weird that RS3 was already fixed.

Does Rainbow Six Vegas 2 still use the reloaded crack?

That bundle average keeps rising...

Everything was Metal Gear in my friend's list. I certainly hope Konami bothers bringing the rest of the franchise to Steam too.

Also I see issues with Ubisoft removing things, is Rocksmith on the chopping block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom