• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Are you on windows 10?

Yes, and it happens in Ghost Recon as well (which also has a separate install process).

Looks like it runs fine when you Alt+Enter to take it out of full screen. But when I take it back to fullscreen I get 640x480. Tried manually changing user.ini to reflect my resolution and refresh rate.

I can't even get the original RS to run at all.

It's been doing the same thing since Vista for people, apparently, so...

Nah it never does this for me on windows 7 at all. Windows 10 has multiple issues, it's honestly a terrible os for gaming right now. Some games are in a forced window and you cannot force it to full, some have worst framerate,some flicker like he posted and much more.

you guys playing mgs with or without reflex? I'm playing it without.

I have it on, I've only had to use it a few times but it's handy when the time comes.

EDIT: And on other MGSV news, the gold arm that you get for pre-ordering or from GZ looks kind of crappy, it doesn't even have the cool Seiko watch on it.

Well I'm really loving MGS so far. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the open world aspect though. It's a great game, but it doesn't really FEEL like a MGS game yet.

I do know it's made by Hideo Kojima though.

you guys playing mgs with or without reflex? I'm playing it without.

On...because I love the slo-mo 'Oh Shit' faces.

Salsa

w4UGMrT.jpg

mother base getting srs

On...because I love the slo-mo 'Oh Shit' faces.

I have it on, I've only had to use it a few times but it's handy when the time comes.

EDIT: And on other MGSV news, the gold arm that you get for pre-ordering or from GZ looks kind of crappy, it doesn't even have the cool Seiko watch on it.

I'll probably turn it on if the game gets to frustrating without but so far I've had no issues, just got to be more cautious, which is fun in its own way since its a stealth game and all.
w4UGMrT.jpg

mother base getting srs

how?

So I see that the Starpoint Gemini games and Gemini Wars are both published by Iceberg Interactive, but they have different developers. Are the Starpoint games and Gemini Wars related in any way?

fertygo

So if your shitty rig can handle Ground Zeroes you should've can play V too?

Btw I got Mad Max key but not interested with the game, PM me if you want it and offer reasonable deal.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How many socks do I have to cock to be able to connect to the konami server

Just got home from my first day of work and I'm tired (but I had fun). HB is nice though it's a bit disappointing that it's all UPlay.

Here is a giveaway because I love you guys. Rainbow Six Siege is coming up so you can play these while awaiting its release.

Steam gift so if you win, add me and PM your Steam profile so I can verify that the winner is adding me or ignore all that if I already have you as a friend (too lazy to do the email link thing). XD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Rainbow Six Collection -- MB-A02A5590AF34B02C - Taken by Majukun. 38 entrants total.

t1441237889z1.png

STEAM GIFT, NOT UPLAY for anyone reading, lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
i tried that install thingie for this code and it's not working for me on chrome? steam://install/237310

it does on firefox but i'm just confused as to why

Well I've played just over an hour and 40% of the gameplay has been driving about and the rest has been on foot combat and exploring. The driving doesn't feel much like driving either as the cars are super heavy and made to smash into everything along with a lot of slomo while aiming and doing combos.

The views are super pretty and it pulls off the post apocalyptic setting of Mad Max wonderfully. That said there is a lot of sand to look at and rusty scrap :p The strongholds have been varied though so far which is nice.

I would stay clear for now in your case as it is a super open worldy game with lots of percentage bars that need filling up. I struggle to leave a stronghold without 100% it >.<
yeah maybe later

i'm in no hurry to play anything other than witcha right now

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Super Motherload -- MB-C111AE4FF70B0035 - Taken by BadRamen
Spark Rising -- MB-64E04C90D066E9EE - Taken by drakaenae

I rescued him in Ground Zeroes

C787C95A51FA548130DFD5A292530D3506A8AEEB

if you imported the save he shows up on TPP after Mission 4

he's the only GZ recruit with an S rank, the others are standard, so fuck em

They're still more useful than the bunch of asses that start out populating Mother Base. All E's? get the fuck out of here.

So when do the Dota 2 Type-0 items become marketable? Is it in 40+ mins or sometime tomorrow? Don't really know what timezone they are using.

I blame you, SteamGAF. I just bought MGSV, even though I probably don't have time to play it.

I'm not even sure I have enough space on my SSD for it.

inm8num2

Fantastic.

Despite some characterisation wobbles and a somewhat perfunctory final mile, STASIS is the best adventure game I’ve played in years. It’s also one of the most impressive horror games I’ve played lately. The tiny team behind it have done remarkable things, far in excess of what many, much larger studios seem capable of. Those studios should be afraid – be very afraid.

Sch1sm

Don't know if posted yet but Oniken is $1.24 atm.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252010/

Looks...interesting. Tell me about this game. It's cheap enough to buy, but that store video doesn't make me want to buy it.

I blame you, SteamGAF. I just bought MGSV, even though I probably don't have time to play it.

I'm not even sure I have enough space on my SSD for it.

Delete something, install it. Forget you have priorities. Play it.

derExperte

Looks...interesting. Tell me about this game. It's cheap enough to buy, but that store video doesn't make me want to buy it.

Ever played Contra/Probotector? How hard do you like your games? If the answer is yes for both Oniken is for you. I quit swearing loudly half way through, that jungle level is just cunty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom