• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Didn't see it posted here - new Steam Client Beta

Steam Client Beta Update -September 1st
2 SEPTEMBER - ALFRED
We've started a new Steam Client Beta with the following changes:

Big Picture
Updated UI navigation model in library
Updated game detail view in library
Updated in-game overlay
Updated store search
Added library search
Updated users' community profile
Added native Big Picture UI for viewing your achievements, leaderboards, screenshots, artwork, videos, and Workshop Items

Music
Added support for FLAC, OGG Vorbis, and M4A (both AAC and Apple Lossless)
Added the ability to seek within a playing track

Streaming
Added initial support for OSX 10.8+ as a Streaming host. Video is currently streamed, audio and game controllers are being worked on.

SteamOS
Fixed duplicate entries in audio output selection

Sounds great except for that bit at the end...

Faintly tedious technical addendum: despite extensive fiddling and communication with the devs, I could not get the game to load on Windows 10 with an NVIDIA GTX 970. I played on a laptop with Win 10 & Intel graphics in the end. Also unfortuantely there are no graphics settings to speak of, including resolution, though you can achieve some scaling by ini file editing.

I'm not on windows 10 so I don't give a shit about that bit but manually editing an .ini file due to lack of graphic settings in a PC game sounds hilariously awful.

derExperte

No DOTO dosh for now. I'll probably miss the initial rush then. :/

Sounds great except for that bit at the end...

I'm not on windows 10 so I don't give a shit about that bit but manually editing an .ini file due to lack of graphic settings in a PC game sounds hilariously awful.

Oh, forgot to mention the game runs fine for me using W10 and a 970, haven't fiddled around with .ini files yet.

Sch1sm

Ever played Contra/Probotector? How hard do you like your games? If the answer is yes for both Oniken is for you. I quit swearing loudly half way through, that jungle level is just cunty.

No and no, so no. I need that manageable difficult, not the type that I have to repeat a couple dozen times before I get through. I quit too quickly.

I was idling.

I'm not a hero... never was.

Play your games and you may just be one, one day.

derExperte

Dex is getting a substantial update including cards and achievements.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/269650/announcements/detail/97180221422226472

We’re happy to announce that a huge update is coming soon for Dex!

It will be available at the end of September, as we are currently in the process of polishing and ironing out the remaining bugs.

Here’s a list of the new features and improvements you can expect:
Manual saves.
Revamped AR / Cyberspace.
New user interface / menus.
Improved enemy AI / melee combat.
Ability to shoot while moving.
New outfits for Dex, including a quest to acquire them.
Steam Achievements / Trading Cards / Badges.
Full localization: French / German / Czech / Hungarian.
Improved / additional sound effects.
Multiple bug fixes / visual improvements.

Anyone played Port of Call? Free and got some good reviews, I think I'll run through it before starting with one of the new big games. http://store.steampowered.com/app/356520/

header.jpg

edit: Eh, was alright. +1 for my completed games.

Village

I think this might be a good place to ask but, did I jut get steam hacked.

A weird bunch of steam tools, under a tools bar just popped up of things i do not play

I think this might be a good place to ask but, did I jut get steam hacked.

A weird bunch of steam tools, under a tools bar just popped up of things i do not play

Do you mean you have a bunch of tools in your library (in the tools tab)? There's a bunch that will be there by default because they apply to free-to-play games.

And just glancing at it now, it looks like all the movies have their own player in the tools section. IIRC there's also some tools for games you don't own that will also show up there. It's a bit of a mess, honestly.

So, yeah. Don't panic quite yet. It's normal.

Village

Do you mean you have a bunch of tools in your library? There's a bunch that will be there by default because they apply to free-to-play games.

And just glancing at it now, it looks like all the movies have their own player in the tools section.

So, yeah. Don't panic quite yet. It's normal.

They all mention dedicated servers and Welcome steam.

autoduelist

Has anyone here played Void Destroyer? I'm mostly interested in how it controls best (keyboard mouse?). It looks Homeworld-ish and I like that very much.

Isn't 200k owners kinda underwhelming?
I think Witcher 3 would be the benchmark,1.5 million PC copies were sold in the first 2 weeks. Both are included in Nvidia promo as well.
I guess we'll have to wait and see in the next couple week.

Current numbers don't mean anything yet. The game's been out for less than a day.

MUnited83

For you.
I think Witcher 3 would be the benchmark,1.5 million PC copies were sold in the first 2 weeks. Both are included in Nvidia promo as well.

Accurate data will only be available after three days.

Sch1sm

It could easily be the lack of availability and price differences @ launch, at least in stores outside of the US in terms of the latter, I think.

E: For clarification. By price difference, I mean like... Witch 3 was $15 < the MGS V price Day 1/preorder, at least in the Canadian store.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Extra Screencheat code from the Alienware Twitch streams if anyone doesn't already have it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dongs Macabre:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dongs Macabre, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Screencheat -- MB-31B2DF65F93927B0 - Taken by fuzzy123. 6 entrants total.

t1441173809z1.png

Ventara

Just got back from vacation and I see there are a bunch of great bundles going on. Definitely picking up the Devolver and Humble weekly, among others. Maybe even that Groupees VN bundle, though it seems the first 2 tiers are just smut.

Are the items on the market region locked?
I'm looking for a GZ copy but I only have my steam wallet ready right now. Is it possible to buy the seller's item on the market with my SEA region market & wallet?
I see that there are several people offering their GZ copy on the game's trading discussion.

Dsyndrome

Sch1sm

Just got back from vacation and I see there are a bunch of great bundles going on. Definitely picking up the Devolver and Humble weekly, among others. Maybe even that Groupees VN bundle, though it seems the first 2 tiers are just smut.

I love all of the games in there I've played so far.

Really should install Tulpa and see why it's gotten such eh reviews, but aside from that.

Parsnip

Phantom Pain is really good, and I'm having a ton of fun. I can see myself putting a lot of hours into this just doing side ops and shit.

Sch1sm

This thread moves too fast o_O

You must be dreaming.

Marvellous Miss Take has destroyed me for today. 2 chapters left (4+5), but I've gotten reckless and hasty with completing missions. Especially with Daisy's and Harry's, so I can actually go ahead and do the next chapter with Sophia.

The soundtrack has really grown on me, though. Jazzy, like Gunpoint. Not as good, but still fitting to the theme.

Tomorrow I'm going to install all those Telltale games and Hatoful Boyfriend (don't worry, I haven't forgotten Cheese
cakeRecipe
). Try and get on par with the 52 games/yr deal. Currently 5 behind, but that's better than where I was at the beginning of August.

chronomac

The Ronin dev really needs to rework the way the game feels with a controller. It's very obvious it's meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard, and that's fine, but it'd be nice if the menus were intuitive enough for people on the couch.

I'm 90 minutes or so in, about 4 missions from the end (out of 15), and it's fine. The graphical style's nothing to write home about and it has a lot of trial-and-error type strategies but it can feel good when you pull off a tricky room in style.

Also, I don't have any achievements because I had the overlay turned off and that disables them, which is fairly frustrating.

I've been killing people left and right. You can't be a demon if you just let everyone take a nap.

I'm a demon who killed only 2 soldiers (and that's because they walked right into my c4 when I was blowing up comm stations)
I think that brainwashing everyone into joining Diamond Dogs' ranks is probably worse than killing them, so that makes me a demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom