• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Banned
What game did Stump kill? I'm late and didn't see it :(

EDIT: Oh wait it was called I Spent Two Years On This? I thought the author changed the name after it was reported.

Maniac

Banned
Yo peeps, anyone know where SOMA is the cheapest? Totally forgot to get in on it while the preorder discount was up. Really sodding want it! ;_;

Brazilian steam copies are regionlocked, right?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The game "I spent two years making this" apparently had a lot of copyrighted stuff that the maker obviously didn't have the license for. That's the take I got.

No that's not the case. Watch the launch video Nabs posted above.

The assets were made in MS Paint, most likely.

So no one is gonna tell me why stump reported the game?

I remember when steamGAF used to be cool.
Can't blame him really. Getting trigger-happy once moving to the states.

A true American patriot!
emot-911.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The game "I spent two years making this" apparently had a lot of copyrighted stuff that the maker obviously didn't have the license for. That's the take I got.

The game also got a lot of hate because it went through the Greenlight process under a different name where the developer said all along that the game would be free once released. I like to think that the general backlash (not just Stump's reporting the game) was what caused Valve to take action. People saw it as an affront to the Greenlight process, as the developer promised a free game called "Red Tie Runner" for free, and delivered a game called "I Spent Two Years On This?" which cost money.

So in addition to the copyright claims he also pulled some shady shit. The same game was also removed from the Apple App Store, presumably because the game was made with Construct 2 Personal Edition which only allows commercial use up to $5,000. The guy also seems like a bit of a douche. From his blog:

Overall, I’m really excited to be on steam, even if it’s not for the game I intended. Maybe somehow I can use the traffic for my free game once published, to redirect to my developer site, which will bring people back to my current project. At least now I can get comfortable with steamworks back-end stuff in anticipation for future titles, and I got a sweet badge.

(this was posted when his game was greenlit, not recently)

So really, nothing of value was lost in my opinion.

zkylon

zkylewd
Read a chapter of a book between monologues :p

max payne 3 could've been a decent game if they just added cutscene skipping

like, i hate it not because its story is garbage and completely misinterpreting of the "max payne universe" but because it forces me to watch it

i don't know if it was like a technical limitations or it was rockstar not realizing how shitty the script was, probably a bit of both

Jawmuncher

I am forever cursed with having so many issues when upgrading to the new versions of Windows. I'm still messing with trying to get it working.

max payne 3 could've been a decent game if they just added cutscene skipping

like, i hate it not because its story is garbage and completely misinterpreting of the "max payne universe" but because it forces me to watch it

i don't know if it was like a technical limitations or it was rockstar not realizing how shitty the script was, probably a bit of both

MP3 sucks because instead of being pulp noir it's a shitty tony scott movie from the 00s

but i suppose it plays well

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Let's not forget:
V7HHm8y.png
QkurRtZ.png

RPG Game of the Year: Dragon Age: Inquisition = 803 points, 22 honorable mentions
2. Dark Souls II = 721 points, 10 honorable mentions
3. South Park: The Stick of Truth = 564 points, 12 honorable mentions
4. Divinity: Original Sin = 339 points, 7 honorable mentions
5. Transistor = 279 points, 16 honorable mentions
6. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls = 187 points, 9 honorable mentions
7. Bravely Default = 135 points, 12 honorable mentions
8. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition = 130 points, 6 honorable mentions
9. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth = 128 points, 7 honorable mentions
10. Child of Light = 113 points, 12 honorable mentions
I've played 160 hours of DA:I and enjoyed a lot of my time with the game, but seeing it win popularity over Divinity Original Sin and the lack of Might & Magic X in that list hurts.

Never got wound up over a list before, there really is a first time for everything.
I'm also a little bit LTTP.

Turfster

Well, maybe not best shooter, but certainly best third person shooter. Nothing else comes close to it

Still nope.

It's an overproduced "I want to be a movie director but I'm stuck doing shitty games so I'll just rip off the movie I wanted to make", bloated, cutscene infested, badly controlling, boring slogfest that couldn't be further removed from the first two games if it tried.

rtcn63

I'd replay Uncharted 2 over MP3 again, but I actually don't recall if the shooting mechanics were any better. The story and pacing? Definitely. MP3 does have superior graphics and I guess there's "uniqueness" to the narrative, but I didn't care for it at all. It was basically "Max hates himself" stretched out over a period of hours and many slow walks.

Both games lacked the ability to let you upgrade/keep weapons. (unless you count those gold part things) Why can't I have a shotgun and a sniper rifle at once?

Adnor

Banned
Max Payne 3 would be so much better if it didn't have cutscenes that hid loading time every single time you finish and start an encounter.

Max Payne 3 doesn't have shitty platforming sections or rely on outdated 90s game design that forces you to use quick saves to circumvent enemy monster closets. If you also like exaggerated NOIR in capital levels from people with no understanding of subtlety(see Alan Wake) than you will be disappointed as well I guess. Not that Rockstar is better in that regard by any means.

Max Payne 3 is a much better shooter with encounters that are a lot more enjoyable to play through. The unskippable cutscenes are a major complaint for subsequent playthroughs but I don't really care about the supposed "destruction" of the other two game's silly themes.

Copons

Yeah unskippable cutscenes are crap.
Much better a good ol' black loading screen with a random helpful hint.

Yes, I'm aware that they could have optimized or something, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom