• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Cwjn5v6.jpg

Planetbase

Shadownet

Banned
I was afraid this was going to happen. I booted up MGS V.. I'm not even enjoying it anymore. Guess I'll put it on backburner for now until I feel the need fo play it.

Now might be a good time to play the Metro games instead :/

I really hate when you just don't feel like playing a particular game, even though it's clearly good, only to come back later. Happened to me with Red Dead Redemption, and then with Dragon Age Inquisition

Xanathus

Is Transformers Devastation supposed to be a $60 AAA game? It looks like its going to be a Legend of Korra, I don't see why people are happy about the price.

Kade

I thought Transformers Devastation was supposed to be another budget digital only game like Korra but I guess not...

CPipv-bU8AAZ94z.png:large

Ozium

game can be bought for 20 euros on amazon according to deer expert... and ppl are praising 50 dollars/50 euros?

praise bobby kotick

Uzzy

I imagine that Transformers being a rather more notable franchise helped with the decision to charge full price for the new game.

because the expansions make the game better and for most internet accounts vanilla Beyond Earth is even more bare bones than vanilla Civ 5?

No, Beyond Earth isn't more bare bones than Civ V vanilla. It's roughly on par with Civ V vanilla, in some ways it's better, in some its worse. You can wait another year or two for the complete edition, I'll chunk in another couple of hundred hours while you do so.

Edit: Actually, I don't know BE is worse than Civ V in any regard. It has espionage that's better than what was introduced in G&K's, it has some bare bones diplomacy with a reactive favour system, Civ V vanilla had neither. The affinity system is on par with religion/ideology. While there are fewer Factions versus Civs, their playstyles are more amorphous.

I think the thing I miss the most is research agreements versus trading raw science output.

oooh cool Rivals of Aether is in early access!! I mean I won't be buying it cause I already got burned with Starbound, but I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

Jawmuncher

Pray to the God King, Mewtwo and he might fix it for you.
giphy6dq1e.gif

Have you cast your blessings to the Machine Spirit, Jawmuncher? That should help ease your PC troubles.
I'm trying, a light is shining though and might just lead the way.
Jaw's computer just knows how much he loves Dinosaurs so it made itself extinct.
Can't wait to dig it up in a few decades.
Step 1 - "shake it like a Polaroid picture"
Would probably be more sound advice.

Jawmuncher

If Step 1 fails:
Step 2 - Acquire dinosaur related computer technician. You have the following choices

Nedry

or the more intelligent, Arm of Arnold (actual Arnold not required)

I'd go with nedry. He's a backstabbing bastard, but if I fire him before then I would be alright.

Im glad your pc is glopped up. Stay browsing gaf on your phone only, bitch. All hail the God King

Btw jaw did i tell you i got a bowser jr amiibo for 79 cents? Found a 20 dollar amazon gift card that someone forgot at my job and it worked, didnt know what i wanted so i got a japanese import of jr that was 20.79

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
20 dollar GTA V, daym
What what WHAT? Now that I have my new PC, I can't miss this price.

Oh, it's Nuuvem. If I'm in Argentina it won't work, right? It says "This key is valid only in Brazil. This code cannot be used to activate Grand Theft V outside Brazil." :(

EDIT: apparently it's not even a Steam key.

Anastasia

I was afraid this was going to happen. I booted up MGS V.. I'm not even enjoying it anymore. Guess I'll put it on backburner for now until I feel the need fo play it.

Now might be a good time to play the Metro games instead :/

I really hate when you just don't feel like playing a particular game, even though it's clearly good, only to come back later. Happened to me with Red Dead Redemption, and then with Dragon Age Inquisition

I still love playing MGSV, but I know what you mean. I put like a bajillion hours into it and it was the only thing I was playing when it came out, so I kind of felt the need to step away a bit for my own sake lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Jawmuncher

Im glad your pc is glopped up. Stay browsing gaf on your phone only, bitch. All hail the God King

Btw jaw did i tell you i got a bowser jr amiibo for 79 cents? Found a 20 dollar amazon gift card that someone forgot at my job and it worked, didnt know what i wanted so i got a japanese import of jr that was 20.79

Will do asshole.
lol, at least you were finally able to get him.

Ozium

So you actually bought a Bowser Jr Amiibo for 20.79

also when I went to Target 2 days ago they had some Bowser JRs sitting on the shelf... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom