• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
"open world"

two words that make my interest go from 100 to 50

Yeah, open world and horror is kinda doesn't match together.
I hope it's not a full-fledged open world as in GTA or Witcher though. Separate 'open world' areas would be fine. The trailer is not showing open world elements as well.

-----------------------------------------

I'm refunding my AC4 and State of Decay so I can buy Fallout 4.
I've already extracted the cards with 4 hours of playtime for each of them. Is it possible to get a refund?
Yeah, I wish...

#dealwithitsalsa

New Character Revealed For Them Fightin Herds

High above the clouds atop the highest of mountains lies the diminutive Empire of Huoshan (known to other Fœnecians as The Volcano), built over the gaping maw of an active, lava-spewing crater. The Empire’s subjects are Longmas, a very proud race who are half horse, half dragon. Every Longma is a member of the military, sworn not only to protect their beloved Empress (Daughter of Heaven, Empress of the Miniscule yet Mighty Realm of Magnanimous Magma, Lava, and Fire) and their honored volcanic home, but all of Fœnum itself.
It took the Empress not even a moment to make her choice for Key Keeper. Her name is Tianhuo, and amongst her people, she is undoubtedly the greatest the noble half-breeds have to offer. As Captain of the Imperial Guard, Tianhuo is the frontline defender of her Royal Highness!

Flight-based attacks keep your opponent’s head in the clouds! Cancel any and all of your attacks into her Firecracker Magic attack to overwhelm your opponents, or use it to move quickly across the stage.
Are you srsly interested in this jaw? I never wouldve imagine this was your cup of tea

Isn't this the second MLP-styled fighter that's been Kickstarted, or am I just crazy? I didn't realise there was such a big fandom beyond the show itself.
idk what I hate most

the pony art

or the fucking internet name

surprised its not "DEM"

Oh. That's what the title means.

Are you srsly interested in this jaw? I never wouldve imagine this was your cup of tea
During a dinosaur drought the mammals take over.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Friends started getting back into CS:GO over the weekend thanks to the new hitboxes, got me to reinstall to reassemble the competitive crew. Only, none of us can play competitive because of an update a few months back while we weren't paying any attention which forces you to play the really bad deathmatch and casual modes for hours to grind out EXP to qualify for competitive matchmaking.

I can see the initial thought that would maybe make Valve think this a good deterrent for hackers and smurf accounts, but it also killed my desire to want to play I have several hundred hours on GO alone (thankfully Steam was not stat tracking when I was addicted to 1.6/Source), so I'm not sure why I need to be forced into playing game modes I don't care for. :c

Turfster

Play Tale from Borderlands and revel in quality.

Bro-fist!
You'll understand.
Seriously, you will.
I promise!

But that's not finished yet!
And since it's a telltale game, I won't have a feelpocalypse every episode, so I can just do them all in a row.

how come?

Most open worlds are poorly crafted and only open world, to be open world. Something like Witcher 3 is wonderful. Something like Assassin's Creed Unity suffers from it.

didnt you recently play MGSV and then Mad Max?

o_O

Mad Max's open world is fun to drive around in but filled with shitty Ubisoft style objectives

MGSV has... nothing in between side op and main op locations

Turfster

JFC, JP has multiple episodes, but ONLY ONE SAVEGAME, so even when it tells you it's "saving", when you click load, it goes to the savegame from the last fucking episode instead of the one you're trying to get one of your last chievos from.

FFS.

Tizoc

Bored at work, have some 60 FPS WEBMs
Code:
http://giant.gfycat.com/SickAnguishedHatchetfish.webm Metro 2033
http://giant.gfycat.com/GeneralDeliciousAvocet.webm Distance
http://fat.gfycat.com/ImperturbableDifficultIriomotecat.webm Drift Rally
http://fat.gfycat.com/HandmadeNarrowAlligatorsnappingturtle.webm MGS5
http://giant.gfycat.com/AcrobaticDistortedCanvasback.webm Skyrim w/FPS unlocked
http://zippy.gfycat.com/TangibleTidyFairybluebird.webm MGS5
http://giant.gfycat.com/CompleteElegantHedgehog.webm Mad Max
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpingCreativeKitten.webm

Holy shit, DA:Inquisition Trespasser armor is so damn impressive.
834-0-1442462926.jpg
But everytime I plan to reinstall the game, I always remember my backlogs. First world problem. -_-

That armour didn't stop someone from stealing a quarter of that dude's hair.

Also, I hate that character creation voidspace. You can never get a good, clear look at what you're making, which ends with you being surprised by how the char looks in real lighting. Such a bad design choice. The worst part is, they had total control over how it looked, because you load into your own area for character creation. It's madness!

Even though my armor in DA:I was pretty much the best available to craft it was always a mish-mash of horrible colours. Purple, yellow and orange.

Annubis

That new SC2 VN is pretty good.
I'm definitively enjoying it.

I do feel weird when they talk about SC2 vs BW... my competitive play days were in SC... I feel old...

That armour didn't stop someone from stealing a quarter of that dude's hair.

Also, I hate that character creation voidspace. You can never get a good, clear look at what you're making, which ends with you being surprised by how the char looks in real lighting. Such a bad design choice. The worst part is, they had total control over how it looked, because you load into your own area for character creation. It's madness!

Lol, that haircut just doesn't belong in Thedas for real.
I do agree with the character cration, it's ridiculous. I put an hour or so to create my first Inquisitor and I had to restart all over again. To make it worse, there is no char creation save system.

Teeth

Lol, that haircut just doesn't belong in Thedas for real.
I do agree with the character cration, it's ridiculous. I put an hour or so to create my first Inquisitor and I had to restart all over again. To make it worse, there is no char creation save system.

I think the last patch added a thing at your home base to redo the character creation.

That's why you get a TB or two and never have to uninstall ever again.

I will, and I really have to.
I've uninstalled GTA V as well. I know I'll regret it later. :(
Fortunately, I have the physical copy of Inquisiton.

I think the last patch added a thing at your home base to redo the character creation.

The Black Emporium?
That was just recently released, and I haven't played the game since January. And now I really want to jump back to it.

Chariot

Isn't this the second MLP-styled fighter that's been Kickstarted, or am I just crazy? I didn't realise there was such a big fandom beyond the show itself.

I think the original one got cease and desisted, so they had to change it into this one.
Yep, they made too much wind. Hasbro don't mind fangames or any fanwork in general, but they were too loud. Luckily they got Lauren Faust, original Designer of the new MLP on board who made them new designs. So it still stays in the spirit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
PC ain't ever getting Destiny is it? Feels like if it would have happened, it would have happened now with Taken King in some sort of complete edition. What a strange strange move. It's not exclusive and it's a fucking loot game

Tizoc

PC ain't ever getting Destiny is it? Feels like if it would have happened, it would have happened now with Taken King in some sort of complete edition. What a strange strange move. It's not exclusive and it's a fucking loot game

They just want that console money, maybe the CoD sales scared them off or some shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, do you know if anyone has put together an authoritative list of games running early versions of DirectX that might be potentially pulled due to Win10 incompatibility?

Not as far as I can tell, but it's a good idea.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1090227

PC will eventually get the GOTY edition (similar to Ultimate Evil Diablo 3). Or Destiny 2, perhaps?
They're working on it.

Sioen

Could anybody help me out because I'm getting incredibly frustrated with pc gaming, since I've had this laptop I had nothing but dissapointment really.. Let me start with the start, I'll put my specs here so someone could actually see if I overestimated this laptop or if there's something else going on.
The specs are as following: It's an msi laptop with a nvidia GTX970M, an I7-4720HQ @ 2.60ghz and 16 gigs of ram.

Now this laptop cost me quite much it was €1849 and I expected to play newer games atleast at 60 fps on medium to high, I mean that isn't too much to ask from something that is so costly right? Most ps4 games play at medium to high at 30 fps but it also costs more than 4 times less than this laptop.

Now anyways to get to the point, only 1 game I've bought for pc has been working like I was hoping it would and that was Mad Max. The rest of the games including: Rome 2: Total War, Heroes of the storm, world of warcraft and now the worst of them all; The Witcher 3 has not been running like I hoped it would run.

I've bought TW3 yesterday and it is not running like I would have hoped it would run, it's not even running at 60 fps on medium. It's always around 40-45 with some drops to the lower 30s.
I've played the game for like 20 minutes and quit out of frustration that I have wasted so much money on this laptop.
Could anybody please tell me that this is normal and that the laptop is just too weak to play the newest games or is there something wrong? I really could use something here, thanks in advance.

dex3108

ok nvm i just spent two hours playing fallout shelter -___-

damn those adorable vault boys

How? Why? :( I can't be in that game for more than 5 minutes.

Also for those who are asking about Batman DLCs on PC, are they even worth it? They are mostly skins and you can't even use them when you want. Worst Season Pass content and DLCs then for any other Batman game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom