• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Good News: It installed Windows!

Bad News: both hdmi ports are black, mobo gpu is now not outputting anything and the nvidia graphics card is just a black screen.

At least it's a new problem now. The trial continues.

This should be a thread on Gaming Side

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Windows is installing on the new HDD wish it luck that the rest of the process is smooth.
Good luck! Hope it all goes smooth.

Good News: It installed Windows!

Bad News: both hdmi ports are black, mobo gpu is now not outputting anything and the nvidia graphics card is just a black screen.

At least it's a new problem now. The trial continues.
Looks like it didn't :(
Hope you can easily fix it.

Mew is cool and all but Mew isn't in smash, therefore the God King is Mewtwo by default. You will show respect to the God King,
It's pretty clear who hasn't heard of Lord Helix here.

6KMRHAW.gif

Accoun

A quarter way through or so.

The fact that it goes A-Z is ridiculous to me. I don't have the motivation for a game with no real "ending" outside of it simply running out of main puzzles and shoving random daily sets my way.

I guess it is so on PC very much. I played it on my phone as a "just for a moment" game and it helped at least a bit (T07). Dropped it after a while anyway, though.
And I just started playing again when I started it to check how far am I.

[EDIT]
I just did what?

Echoplx

So you upgraded, formatted the drive and then did a fresh install with they key you got with Win8/7?

Yes but you can just skip the steps when it asks for the key and it activates automatically after you get to the desktop.

The plot tickens.

It's what I did and after a few days I got the infamous message in the bottom right corner.
MS techs on the phone assured me that wiping out the partitions and formatting it from scratch means "losing the key". Did you wipe out everything included hidden partitions before formatting?

Yes I wiped all the partitions.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Someone should come over so I can play Soma, my heart can't take these games any more.

im having a good time. Not nearly as picky as others seem to be. Looks a lot better than i expected given people were saying it didnt look so hot. I mean didnt like 5 people make this game or something? Frictional isnt that big of a company. Cant be more than 20 guys i doubt.

im having a good time. Not nearly as picky as others seem to be. Looks a lot better than i expected given people were saying it didnt look so hot. I mean didnt like 5 people make this game or something? Frictional isnt that big of a company. Cant be more than 20 guys i doubt.
My only problem with the graphics so far are some weird stuttering, I imagine due to the bug right now where vsync off locks you to 60 and you have to set it to on to get 120 up. The counter says 120 FPS
Lol PS4 20 fps
most of the time but there are definite stuttering issues. Hopefully it's fixed soon, I like gsync.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
JaseC, do you know if anyone has put together an authoritative list of games running early versions of DirectX that might be potentially pulled due to Win10 incompatibility?

~Kinggi~

Banned
JaseC, do you know if anyone has put together an authoritative list of games running early versions of DirectX that might be potentially pulled due to Win10 incompatibility?

I guess this is where GOG comes to the rescue as they seem to really go out of their way and fix up the old games for new Operating systems. Did Windows 7 pull something like this with not supporting older DX?

Grief.exe

I'm going to be brutally honest right now.

I have to send in my monitor for some repairs, once you go above 1080p going back down to 1080p is borderline garbage. What is this blurry mess of a resolution?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stump you're never on steam and I need mod help

Pls help? ;_;

Dsyndrome

Gonna put another recommendation out there for the new King's Quest. I know that most people are holding off based on the price, but what you get is worth it IMO. Funny dialogue and adventure gaming featuring Christopher Lloyd and the short guy from Princess Bride, and it doesn't even have the unwinnable situations like back in the day. Even has branching solutions, like for me, one of the characters died, wasn't expecting that at all.

Everyone should give the game a chance; the first episode's $10, so you can get the first one now and the rest during winter sales if you so choose. Not a shill, just think it sucks that so few folks have it. I'd do a giveaway if I had a reason to but don't at the moment.

Jawmuncher

Finally after basically two full days of horror, my PC is now fixed. New HDD and a now on Windows 10. Thanks to everyone for the help would have given up long ago if not for steamGAF.

with the Valve Friends and Family Pack (it's what the code I got from Alienware tonight redeemed as) does that put any new Valve game in my library once released? (if they make any)

Decado

Anyone tried The Red Solstice?

Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if it is good as a single player or two-player co-op game.

with the Valve Friends and Family Pack (it's what the code I got from Alienware tonight redeemed as) does that put any new Valve game in my library once released? (if they make any)

yes. also if you launch tf2 you might find some new items in your inventory cos i did when i won it a couple months back.

Sch1sm

Don't you like birds, Schizzy?

No. I hate them. Where I work, the plaza anyway, it's populated by these pigeons that'll never go away because some asshole in a yellow jeep continuously comes to feed them. PESTS.

I just really don't understand the concept and I'm not sure I will for a while yet. I'll get a good chunk of it done tomorrow and update you...after Cheese, of course. Cheesy hears first.

No. I hate them. Where I work, the plaza anyway, it's populated by these pigeons that'll never go away because some asshole in a yellow jeep continuously comes to feed them. PESTS.

I just really don't understand the concept and I'm not sure I will for a while yet. I'll get a good chunk of it done tomorrow and update you...after Cheese, of course. Cheesy hears first.
Well I hate pigeons too so I get that.

Cheese is all knowing.

Jawmuncher

#dealwithitsalsa

New Character Revealed For Them Fightin Herds

High above the clouds atop the highest of mountains lies the diminutive Empire of Huoshan (known to other Fœnecians as The Volcano), built over the gaping maw of an active, lava-spewing crater. The Empire’s subjects are Longmas, a very proud race who are half horse, half dragon. Every Longma is a member of the military, sworn not only to protect their beloved Empress (Daughter of Heaven, Empress of the Miniscule yet Mighty Realm of Magnanimous Magma, Lava, and Fire) and their honored volcanic home, but all of Fœnum itself.
It took the Empress not even a moment to make her choice for Key Keeper. Her name is Tianhuo, and amongst her people, she is undoubtedly the greatest the noble half-breeds have to offer. As Captain of the Imperial Guard, Tianhuo is the frontline defender of her Royal Highness!

For certain she is an intimidating sight, emitting stoic confidence, but not a hint of arrogance. She has no disdain for her opponents. In fact, she greatly admires skill and strength and cannot enjoy a duel unless she faces a combatant who offers her a challenge… and it takes quite a combatant to stand up to her bat-winged, aerial attacks or the force of fire she is able to magically conjure when she reaches her greatest speeds. Indeed, not many are even able to get past the daggers that shoot from her fiery, dragon eyes when she stares you down. No one is more disciplined, no one more determined, and even the Predators’ Champion should beware

Gameplay: Tianhuo, Captain of the Imperial Guard strikes from above, below and all around! Flexible, aerodynamic, and explosive, she is a real firecracker!

Flight-based attacks keep your opponent’s head in the clouds! Cancel any and all of your attacks into her Firecracker Magic attack to overwhelm your opponents, or use it to move quickly across the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom