• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
124 hours later and I did it!

Now i only need to let the game idle for 2 nights so i can get the last achievement for
building a nuke.

The first game ive 100%ted in years. Feels glorious.
YnHG3gu.gif

Crazy o_o

I'm only 84% done with 156 hours playtime. Nearly done with sideops, then I only have to focus on the mission tasks as the other 3 achievements will come by naturally.

Congrats.

I seriously love Pinball Arcade (I hope for proper VR support though) but those season packs are way too expensive.

Any pinball aficionado that knows where to buy the season 4 pro pack for less than 40 bucks?

Impressive for 124 hours, how did you deal with the dispatch missions? The S rank ones seem like pure luck to me...even with an S++ combat team my odds of success are always around 50-55% which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take 2 and half hours between each bloody attempt.

bigzgod

Now i only need to let the game idle for 2 nights so i can get the last achievement for
building a nuke.

YnHG3gu.gif

Just out of curiosity, how did you finish the extract a cargo container for Lingua Franca task? I've done that a few times, still haven't completed that one in particular.

Hektor

Just out of curiosity, how did you finish the extract a cargo container for Lingua Franca task? I've done that a few times, still haven't completed that one in particular.

Its supposed to be "all containers" and not "a container" as far as i know, since it didnt triggered for me as well, as i was doing the mission for the first time. So you better run around the map and catch'em all. There were 4 iirc.

for those interested in what's up with Munch's Oddysee: seems they're doing a mobile port and that that port will be brought to current PC owners free of charge

Oddworld Admin [developer] Sep 2 @ 12:28pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply (again).

The new version doesn't currently have a release date, it's (recently) our policy to not announce dates until they're locked down, everyone has been burned too much in the past, right?

We really hope that the new version pleases you, though, despite being long in the waiting. We're sorry that nothing has been done to appease you prior.

Like we said above, it's our thought process that being more transparent as a dev (and publisher) works better for everyone, so we're happy to answer questions you might have.

Square 1 did an amazing job with Stranger's Wrath for Mobile (which was also migrated over onto Mac desktop too), and we've no doubt they'll do a similarly solid job on Munch. We've played the Mobile version and it's great so far, and once it's all ready it'll be pushed onto Steam too, as previously mentioned.

Once we get more details on Munch for PC, we'll happily share it, but that's kinda all we have so far. We have a loose internal release date for the mobile version, but it wouldn't be prudent just yet to push that public.

Thanks (again) for your patience, and please DO know that we're aware of your frustration.

I decided that it was worth getting now and holding off on until the update comes out knowing that it'll come one day. I still have it on my PS3 but for $3 i figure the bundle is worth it just to have Stranger's Wrath on PC, too.

Chariot

Steam has an interesting way to push me into Big Picture mode. I can neither view the shop, nor anything associated with the steam servers in the client - unless I am using Big Picture mode. I tried to restart, I changed skins, I defaulted back to the ugly skin, nothing nothing helped.

fantomena

I assume Im lttp, but Im not gonna scroll pages back, but Divinity: OS is coming to PS4/Xbone 27 september, so I guess the PC upgrade will be early october or something.

Grief.exe

mJIPEC9.jpg

building a nuke.

YnHG3gu.gif

Some people in the PC thread have expressed that you can use cheat engine to speed up in game time. So the nuke should take a matter of seconds.

Vita being blow open soon... Now to wait for someone to hack Steam Streaming into it!

Oh man.

yab, i just saw the news
finally , muti account , now i can play crash games as i wish
and hopefully , someone release homebrew for remote play from PC to vita
Too bad people are just going to wonder how to get pirated Vita games to work instead.

I thought Monopoly is about being poor, having only one boot, maybe less, running in circles, buying and buying and paying fees and taxes and pay and pay until somebody ends it by blowing the whole city away in rage.

I can agree to this.

MUnited83

For you.
Too bad people are just going to wonder how to get pirated Vita games to work instead.
There will also be emulators for the thing, actual media players worth a shit, etc etc.

Yeah, piracy is bad and all that but the Vita being blown open now is great in perspects of eventual emulators developed for PC.

Ludens

Banned
The camp omega thing definitely feels like a half ass answer. "Oh we didn't get rid of it, it's a MP. That's never been done before right?"

Yeah, it's the same thing I think.
No one really knows what Kojima had in mind about this, so Konami can say what he wants. I don't think Kojima's masterplan was a multiplayer map :D

aw man, i was hoping we'd get chapter 3 as dlc. still didn't finish 2 but literally as soon as you start chapter 2 you realize this is when they started rushing the game

trophy hack ? the new hack do this ?
honestly , i really don't care about it
sure buddy
aw man, i was hoping we'd get chapter 3 as dlc. still didn't finish 2 but literally as soon as you start chapter 2 you realize this is when they started rushing the game

the game clearly got rushed out the door. whenever you finish the game, watch Episode 51 on youtube and then realize that they were thissssssssss close to completing that game before Konami plugged the plug

ArjanN

I'm reading the community hub of Soma...and it's all about bugs, with people claiming it's not a survival horror but a walk simulator, the fact it's blody short etc.

So, I didn't read any review, but is this stuff true?
Penumbra and Amnesia games had a great gameplay, really Frictional gone through walking sim route?

The steam community is generally on the same level as youtube comments. Yeah, there's the occasional nice insightful post/thread, but largely it's just toxic dumbasses. I think the game has generally been received really well.

Don't know about bugs though.

i don't get this vita hacking thing, so you have to be in 2.52 and have that ape escape demo downloaded? someone should just make a new thread and in the op clearly explain whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom