• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Grandia II Anniversary Edition Patch 1.05 is now live.

Wonderful post-release support from GungHo America and SkyBox.

Oh wow! They fixed the gravity bug!
That thing crashes every console version and I assume also the old PC version.
Neat that it's finally gone as using the spell was pretty much a gamble.

Are you subscribed to Steam Gold? You must be subscribed for thumbs up/down.

Probably a bug. Are you in Steam beta?

Not on Steam beta, but I did try again now and it worked.
I guess something was down/crashed when I tried earlier.

Kiru

I have a question guys. If I already own all of them except GTA 1 & 2, will I still be able to redeem those if I buy the pack? (I think I read somewhere that it's just one key?).
It's just 1 key, all or nothing. Got mine from gamersgate back when they had 1&2 too.

I have a question guys. If I already own all of them except GTA 1 & 2, will I still be able to redeem those if I buy the pack? (I think I read somewhere that it's just one key?).

Depends on what "version" of the pack it is. As I understand, there's a version that automatically includes 1/2, and another that doesn't.

GTA in general is very strange from a release standpoint. They removed an older version of Vice City from distribution (and patched it over) with a new version because some music licenses lapsed.

Phawx

I actually thought I owned a game in a bundle just because I've seen it bundled so many times. But I didn't own it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Someone doesn't like something you like.

More at 11.

It's almost like we're on a message board... with different opinions!

No, you're right. Usually I'm completely understanding of differences of opinion and don't get so unusually defensive. This isn't the first time I've gotten weird on someone lately, I'm sorry to both you and Caerith for my recent snips.

Phawx

Hey Steam friends. Unusual thing started happening. When I redeem a code on Steam, usually Steam wants me to install the game, but I always clicked cancel.

Now it's just showing Finish.

Whats up with that?

Jawmuncher

So I got a Playstation Gold Wireless Headset today (PS Anniversary Version). Deciding to screw around with it and try it on PC since it's said to work on there. Really surprise how easy it was on Windows 10. Literally just plugged in the into the computer and both the microphone and audio are all there. Dunno if it's a grief recommended headset but the ease of use for me and the sound quality (for my ears) sounds good to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey Steam friends. Unusual thing started happening. When I redeem a code on Steam, usually Steam wants me to install the game, but I always clicked cancel.

Now it's just showing Finish.

Whats up with that?

Valve thought the change appropriate. I don't think I've ever installed a game immediately after redeeming a key, so I couldn't care less.

Saty

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-09-23-kids-gaming-most-on-mobile-npd
According to the research firm's online survey, 63 percent of kids aged 2-17 play games on mobile devices. While that number was more or less unchanged since 2013, it was enough for mobile gaming to overtake computers as the most popular platform thanks to a significant downturn on that front. The NPD found 45 percent of kids game on a computer, down from 67 percent in 2013. The firm noted that computer gaming is on the decline across the board, but the dropoff has been sharpest in the 2-5 age group.

"The largest and most surprising shift in the 2015 gaming ecosystem was kids' move away from the computer," said NPD industry analyst Liam Callahan. "In the past, the computer was considered the entry point for gaming for most kids, but the game has changed now that mobile has moved into that position. This may be related to a change in the behavior of parents that are likely utilizing mobile devices for tasks that were once reserved for computers."

dex3108

I now really understand how jshackles and other web devs feel xD Even thou what i am doing is nowhere near what they do frustration is huge. It is even bigger frustration when you are doing things that you know very little about :D

So once again huge thank you goes to jshackles for his hard work on Enhanced Steam and Idle Master.

GaussTek

It's just 1 key, all or nothing. Got mine from gamersgate back when they had 1&2 too.

Depends on what "version" of the pack it is. As I understand, there's a version that automatically includes 1/2, and another that doesn't.

GTA in general is very strange from a release standpoint. They removed an older version of Vice City from distribution (and patched it over) with a new version because some music licenses lapsed.

I don't remember exactly, but I think I got the pack that only included GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas (the "Trilogy" one). I bought IV separately (the "Complete" version).

I just want to add I and II, I don't mind if I lose the rest of the games from the pack (as I will also use the 32% coupon :p), but I guess it isn't possible?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Update #12: Explaining the Enhanced in Enhanced Edition

Hello everybody!

We'd like to focus today's update on Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. During yesterday's AMA on Reddit many people wanted to know when the Enhanced Edition is shipping, and we can say with mounting confidence that our aim is and remains the end of October 2015, a.k.a. pretty damn soon!

For those of you who are not entirely sure what the Enhanced Edition of Original Sin is all about, here's an overview of some of its most exciting features and aspects:

• The combat in the game has been entirely overhauled, which means a massive rebalance has been done of everything related to combat, from stats & skills to each individual combat encounter. New difficulty modes have been added such as the highly challenging Tactician Mode, as well as spectacular new combat features, which include Dual Wielding and the addition of all kinds of grenades and wands to your arsenal.
  • The main story has undergone significant rewrites to improve the narrative experience of the game, and important NPCs such as the cat wizard Arhu have been outfitted with an individual storyline to explore. The entire end sequence of the game has been heavily expanded upon to give Divinity: Original Sin the epic ending it always deserved.
  • Voice acting has been added to the entire game. That's right folks, we're talking about 88,000+ recorded lines, voiced by amazing professional (voice) actors. Their performances add greatly to the immersive quality of Original Sin.
  • Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will also be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, bringing a game unlike any other to the latest generation of consoles.
  • Tailored to bring you a fantastic couch co-op RPG experience, the Enhanced Edition was developed such that it's a dream to play with two from the comfort of your living room. Stay together or explore apart: with the new split screen feature we've got you covered. And should players on PC prefer to play with a controller as well, that is now perfectly possible.

But let's paint you a picture too! To give you a taste of the co-op experience, here's a brand new trailer that showcases many of the aforementioned features. Have a look!

DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN ENHANCED EDITION - CONSOLE COOP TRAILER

Still haven't gotten your fill? Then check out the new website dedicated to the Enhanced Edition right here!

Kiru

I don't remember exactly, but I think I got the pack that only included GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas (the "Trilogy" one). I bought IV separately (the "Complete" version).

I just want to add I and II, I don't mind if I lose the rest of the games from the pack (as I will also use the 32% coupon :p), but I guess it isn't possible?

It is, I just meant that you won't be able to give away your dupes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I now really understand how jshackles and other web devs feel xD Even thou what i am doing is nowhere near what they do frustration is huge. It is even bigger frustration when you are doing things that you know very little about :D

So once again huge thank you goes to jshackles for his hard work on Enhanced Steam and Idle Master.

jsnhtAr.gif

Seriously though - even though it's frustrating at times it's immensely worth it. The longer you stick with it, the easier it gets.

dex3108

Seriously though - even though it's frustrating at times it's immensely worth it. The longer you stick with it, the easier it gets.

I know but it is really frustrating when you want to do something but you don;t have enough knowledge and skills to do it :D But i guess it is always nice to learn now things and go back to those problems later :D

So I got a Playstation Gold Wireless Headset today (PS Anniversary Version). Deciding to screw around with it and try it on PC since it's said to work on there. Really surprise how easy it was on Windows 10. Literally just plugged in the into the computer and both the microphone and audio are all there. Dunno if it's a grief recommended headset but the ease of use for me and the sound quality (for my ears) sounds good to me.

It was my previous headset, i'd recommend to be very wary of the folding joints, they break too easily. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me.

And yeah, it's plug and play style is awesome.

def sim

It uses a standard 3.5mm four pole connection when wired like most headsets, so it'll work like that on anything with a 3.5mm jack. ;)

MUnited83

For you.
Hey, one day they replied to me in like 30 minutes with a personalized message!

to tell me they couldnt solve my issue at all

Haha, I wish. But I'm perfectly okay with, say, 20GB taking less than half an hour rather than over nine hours. No more will a lack of a pre-load torment me.

I am glad you got better internet though. I got 15/1 currently but, I really want better upload. Download I am actually fine but ISPs don't like giving good upload...

:(

Arthea

you must know a lot of people that know people that know people that know someone at valve, because that sounds totally unrealistic and never heard of before.

JaseC

I am glad you got better internet though. I got 15/1 currently but, I really want better upload. Download I am actually fine but ISPs don't like giving good upload...

Yeah, I'd been on ADSL since 2004 but Telstra didn't offer a wholesale speed above 1.5Mbps until 2006 and even then it was still artificially capped (8Mbps down/0.384Mbps up) and rather expensive. The price came down over time (and 20Mbps/1Mbps ADSL2+ eventually replaced the slightly crippled ADSL1 speed tier), but so did my line quality: I was syncing at ~7.5Mbps down to begin with, but by last week it'd dropped to slightly less than 5Mbps.

Honestly, the best thing about being on fibre is that the internet no longer drops out when the treadmill is turned on. Not only would the modem take about three minutes to reconnect, but my sync speed would be cut in half and wouldn't go back up until the treadmill was off. Thanks, exercise. (I generally don't use it since I live in a coastal town.)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of October, I still need some recommendations for next month's OP. Here's what I've got so far:
  • Tales of Zestiria - jshackles
  • The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - milena87
  • Final Fantasy V (You May Have Missed) - jshackles
There are a few interesting titles coming out next month. There are also some great games sneaking in at the end of the this month that would be great for the You May Have Missed section: Jotun, Heroes VII, Sword Coast Legends, Mighty Gunvolt, NBA 2K16, Samurai Warriors 4-II, 80 Days, Pool Nation FX - just to name a few. Let us know why we should be excited to play these games!

Send me a PM if interested.

Hektor

124 hours later and I did it!

Now i only need to let the game idle for 2 nights so i can get the last achievement for
building a nuke.

The first game ive 100%ted in years. Feels glorious.
YnHG3gu.gif

Yeah, I'd been on ADSL since 2004 but Telstra didn't offer a wholesale speed above 1.5Mbps until 2006 and even then it was still artificially capped (8Mbps down/0.384Mbps up) and rather expensive. The price came down over time (and 20Mbps/1Mbps ADSL2+ eventually replaced the slightly crippled ADSL1 speed tier), but so did my line quality: I was syncing at ~7.5Mbps down to begin with, but by last week it'd dropped to slightly less than 5Mbps.

Honestly, the best thing about being on fibre is that the internet no longer drops out when the treadmill is turned on. Not only would the modem take about three minutes to reconnect, but my sync speed would be cut in half and wouldn't go back up until the treadmill was off. Thanks, exercise. (I generally don't use it since I live in a coastal town.)

Man that's crazy about the treadmill.

JaseC

Can we safely login into the same account on two different computers, not to client but on browser.

It's always been possible to be logged into two or more browsers concurrently without issue.

Man that's crazy about the treadmill.

It's probably the the most bizarre issue I've ever encountered. Absolutely nothing else in the house would interfere with the phone line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom