• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'm reading the community hub of Soma..

Rule of thumb is never to go the Steam Community.

Never.

Seriously, never.

I feel bad for community managers like Wbacon whose job is to literally traverse the bowels of the internet and attempt to extract useful commentary from sheer filth.

Purkake4

Banned

Never.

Seriously, never.

I feel bad for community managers like Wbacon whose job is to literally traverse the bowels of the internet and attempt to extract useful commentary from sheer filth.
That is excellent advice.

Are owners of Divinity: Original Sin getting a free upgrade to the enhanced edition? I've been waiting for a GOTY edition to buy it so I can play with a friend of mine and this seems like it.

Yes, free upgrade.

i don't get this vita hacking thing, so you have to be in 2.52 and have that ape escape demo downloaded? someone should just make a new thread and in the op clearly explain whats going on

You have to be on 3.51, just not the latest one (3.52). Also, it's quite easy and simple to follow.

Arthea

Yeah, never take anyone's words on Steam Community. Nothing more than a cesspool, really

Never.

Seriously, never.

I feel like you people way overstate this and for no good reason, a lot of problems I had with games were resolved by community solutions, I don't get all this hate at all.

Of course it can get bad at times, as any huge community but that doesn't negate good things.

edited: even discussions of games aren't that bad as you make them sound.

edit2: not to mention that many devs are active there what helps things tremendously.

Vita being blow open soon... Now to wait for someone to hack Steam Streaming into it!
How do you know Vita will be hacked soon?
124 hours later and I did it!

Now i only need to let the game idle for 2 nights so i can get the last achievement for
building a nuke.

The first game ive 100%ted in years. Feels glorious.
YnHG3gu.gif
Congrats! I only read 100%ing is supposedly quite the feat, so really cool you did it in the same month even!

Never 100%ed a game myself till now. DS2 with 89% is the closest.

Lain

Vita being blow open soon... Now to wait for someone to hack Steam Streaming into it!

Steam Streaming? PFFT! Give me multi-account support instead! So I can put my EU, US and JP stuff on the same memory card without the need to factory reset the console and format the card if I want to switch account!

So there's been progress on hacking the Vita I take it.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes, free upgrade.

You have to be on 3.51, just not the latest one (3.52). Also, it's quite easy and simple to follow.
Incorrect. Works on all firmwares thus far.

I feel like you people way overstate this and for no good reason, a lot of problems I had with games were resolved by community solutions, I don't get all this hate at all.

Of course it can get bad at times, as any huge community but that doesn't negate good things.
1% of good doesn't negate 99% of shit.
Steam Streaming? PFFT! Give me multi-account support instead! So I can put my EU, US and JP stuff on the same memory card without the need to factory reset the console and format the card if I want to switch account!

Good news for you then, multi account is in!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Apparently so, and it apparently also allows exactly what you're asking for.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's my birthday, but my giveaway will be pretty small if I can find any codes, and not until late. I have a ton of stuff to do right now.
Happy birthday man! Hope everything is going well for you ^^

PSA (or DIARRHEA): GMG is currently selling the GTA Complete which also includes GTA 1 and 2 (removed from store).
This is nice, I bought the complete pack once and it didn't come with those two games. Now I need to see if old two games I'll never play (and that I already got for free when Rockstar gave them away) are worth $8.

There will also be emulators for the thing, actual media players worth a shit, etc etc.

Yeah, piracy is bad and all that but the Vita being blown open now is great in perspects of eventual emulators developed for PC.

I am not fan of using emulators of systems that are still being sold normally for companies.

Then again I guess you were meaning the development of an emulator can start since more than likely it won't be even close to being done until the vita is no longer being sold anyway. Or at least manufactured.

Also I don't care about remote play so I am not flipping out like everyone else :v

Maniac

Banned
Yeah there are a few missions that I feel are pretty unfair if you aren't developing the right stuff. Unlike PW more than a few can basically be summed up as unbeatable without decent stuff.

Don't play mission 45 unless you have a level 4 rocket launcher and combat gear leveled up. Also equip that stuff before the mission. You'll thank me later.

Wot a stealth game eh.
Meanwhile, I found out I have a LOT more games to idle for cards. I haven't idled in well over a year but that number staring me in the face is a little unnerving. I bought that many games this year?

And then the big UGH moment when the idler launches Talos Principle, a game I didn't know that I'd already picked up and have been wanting to play for a while now... Kind of disgusted with myself.

One of us... One of us... One of us! ONE OF US!

We've all been there buddy.
sure buddy

the game clearly got rushed out the door. whenever you finish the game, watch Episode 51 on youtube and then realize that they were thissssssssss close to completing that game before Konami plugged the plug

And if you look at the amount of story content in episode 51 and compare that to the entire game, you'd realise that they'd put in enough filler to increase the size of the game by 30%. :p

But no seriously, it's a hilariously unfinished game, which is a damn shame since it's mechanically very solid, and that makes all the incoherent bits and unfinished pieces a lot worse. It was very close to being excellent, but it falls short in a number of ways.

And yes, pun intended. :p

Ludens

Banned
Wot a stealth game eh.

One of us... One of us... One of us! ONE OF US!

We've all been there buddy.

And if you look at the amount of story content in episode 51 and compare that to the entire game, you'd realise that they'd put in enough filler to increase the size of the game by 30%. :p

But no seriously, it's a hilariously unfinished game, which is a damn shame since it's mechanically very solid, and that makes all the incoherent bits and unfinished pieces a lot worse. It was very close to being excellent, but it falls short in a number of ways.

And yes, pun intended. :p

Mission 45 is really easy, just wear Battle Armor and never stop moving, fultoning all tanks you see. With battle armor (I had level 3, but if you own level 5 is much better), you won't be oneshotted. I S ranked the mission on my second try, while the first one I died because I tried to hide behind a building, the moment I went out of cover something oneshotted me, but I had the infiltration suit because I didn't know mission 45 would trigger
while completing side ops 150.

Anyway TPP is NOTHING like PW, in PW special items were mandatory to S rank some missions, here you can pretty much do the whole game without special equipment, because it's what I did, I only used emp mine on Back up Back Down Extreme because I found no other way to
stop one of the two tanks near the end of the mission.

I did the whole game with Tranqullizer Gun and Grom, plus C4 just in case I would need those to blow something.

MUnited83

For you.
I am not fan of using emulators of systems that are still being sold normally for companies.

Then again I guess you were meaning the development of an emulator can start since more than likely it won't be even close to being done until the vita is no longer being sold anyway. Or at least manufactured.

Also I don't care about remote play so I am not flipping out like everyone else :v
Yeah, thats I mean, its a great help to start understanding the system and how it could be emulated. Thats the main reason I wanted the Vita to be hacked open as soon as possible, because I doubt anyone would've given a shit about it two years from now
I'd take Steam Streaming to the Vita, too bad that's probably not possible.
Well, not Steam Streaming as the oficial Valve solution, but I'd argue a application that can stream from PC to Vita is possible. Wether someone is actually is going to put in the time and work for that to happen is the question .

Momentary

Banned

edited: even discussions of games aren't that bad as you make them sound.

edit2: not to mention that many devs are active there what helps things tremendously.

My life was threatened last time I was on there. Good enough reason for me to stay away for that place.

Hinomura

Having the first Dota major have a $3m prize pool while GO still has $250k majors is pretty ridiculous, Valve. This kind of discrepancy shouldn't happen.

Annubis

Having the first Dota major have a $3m prize pool while GO still has $250k majors is pretty ridiculous, Valve. This kind of discrepancy shouldn't happen.

There's a very good reason FPS tournaments aren't taken seriously.
Just watch one and you'll immediately understand when you see how the players behave.

L.O.R.D

Well, not Steam Streaming as the oficial Valve solution, but I'd argue a application that can stream from PC to Vita is possible. Wether someone is actually is going to put in the time and work for that to happen is the question .
I remember there an application that let you play PC games on Vita
i saw my friend play PC game on it, it's actually stream all your PC to Vita

Grief.exe

There's a very good reason FPS tournaments aren't taken seriously.
Just watch one and you'll immediately understand when you see how the players behave.

I watched the finals of the last GO major and I thought it was very professional, both from the teams themselves and the overall presentation of the tournament. I was very impressed.

I've been watching lots of GO tournaments, don't know what you're talking about. Also, GO majors have been setting record as far as CS history goes. It's a premier eSports title.

Annubis

I've been watching lots of GO tournaments, don't know what you're talking about. Also, GO majors have been setting record as far as CS history goes. It's a premier eSports title.

I'll admit that CS seems a lot cleaner than other FPS out there, but it has also been home to hacks and drama.

I'm not trying to shill LoL here, but I do think that them hiring the players and keeping them on salary is a great idea. That way, you can force the players to a code.

Backlogger

I know this would never happen, but Valve should just create Steam In Home Streaming Apps for Xbox, PS and PSTV/Vita
and Android/iOS while they are at it
. No need to buy a SteamLink or separate living room PC if you already own a console.

Seems like that would add a ton of value to Steam's offerings.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I know this would never happen, but Valve should just create Steam In Home Streaming Apps for Xbox, PS and PSTV/Vita
and Android/iOS while they are at it
. No need to buy a SteamLink or separate living room PC if you already own a console.

Seems like that would add a ton of value to Steam's offerings.

Wouldn't the bigger problem be that Sony/Microsoft would never allow the app on their consoles?

But android should totally happen, there are enough Android boxes that could be used as a Steam link without a problem regarding the hardware thats needed.

But sadly that also won't happen cause they want to sell their own little box...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wouldn't the bigger problem be that Sony/Microsoft would never allow the app on their consoles?

But android should totally happen, there are enough Android boxes that could be used as a Steam link without a problem regarding the hardware thats needed.

But sadly that also won't happen cause they want to sell their own little box...

It'd almost be a PR nightmare at this point if Microsoft rejected a Steam streaming app on Xbox - since they're so committed to Steam's userbase with Windows 10 etc.

Sony, Apple, Google - yeah I could see that being a problem, unfortunately.

It'd almost be a PR nightmare at this point if Microsoft rejected a Steam streaming app on Xbox - since they're so committed to Steam's userbase with Windows 10 etc.

Sony, Apple, Google - yeah I could see that being a problem, unfortunately.

Sony let Valve do their weird Steam integration thing with Portal 2 though.

So i can see them being receptive to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom