• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

It'd almost be a PR nightmare at this point if Microsoft rejected a Steam streaming app on Xbox - since they're so committed to Steam's userbase with Windows 10 etc.

Sony, Apple, Google - yeah I could see that being a problem, unfortunately.

I know they wouldn't allow it, but I think you can make a pretty good argument that they should or could. If I already bought their system I obviously bought it for a reason (usually for exclusives). Sure, there will be some games that I buy through Steam instead of my console of choice, but for someone like me I am doing that already anyway.

Jawmuncher

First I got us cards for MGSV:TPP, and now I present my greatest accomplishment.
Cards for Dinosaur Hunt: Africa Contract. No need to hold back the applause and kind words. I do it for myself mainly though.

If you're not sure what it is this image is all you need.
19313D337093AB397EC9FE43585B697CDF7D1A97

Tenrius

A shopping sim made for women.

But men are always dragged into it whilst hating their sodding life and being bored to death.

Except for the one time where I went along into the changing room. That was fun.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind playing that game right now, need some new clothes.

I embrace myself every night.

Can't actually stop laughing out loud.

EMBRACE YOURSELVES

WINTER IS COMING

STOP DENYING YOUR TRUE SELF AND EMBRACE IT AND BECOME ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE

Ozium

How good is that game? Between gifs of that and Mario Maker levels, my whole stance on not even considering a Wii U is fucked up. I might have to be one of those Black Friday old-people trampling dudes this year.

It's great.

Ozium is that crazy uncle you have that makes you go "....what?" constantly.

And then on your death bed you realize to yourself "My God, he was right! It all makes sense now..."

Apparently Dungeon Hero, which isn't a free game (7€ on steam) is loaded with microtransactions.
Is it even allowed? shouldn't Stump report this game?

Report MGSV then too

They're the greatest tragedies of our time.

:(

Holy shit, a single player map in a multiplayer mode? Holy shit what a revolution.. I don't think this has EVER been done in the history of video games.. Kojima is such a genius.. I want to track him down and squeeze every drop of semen from his glorious testicles and bathe my face with his genius spunk!

First I got us cards for MGSV:TPP, and now I present my greatest accomplishment.
Cards for Dinosaur Hunt: Africa Contract. No need to hold back the applause and kind words. I do it for myself mainly though.

Dev never responded until I bumped the topic...

boom

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Working on a few Idle Master updates. In addition to bug fixes I'm looking at adding a few new features. This one is coming along nicely:

vyWRgLQ.png

While it won't be retroactive, it will start keeping track of your idling time and cards dropped both for the current session as well overall. Kinda neat!

Shadownet

Banned
Working on a few Idle Master updates. In addition to bug fixes I'm looking at adding a few new features. This one is coming along nicely:
While it won't be retroactive, it will start keeping track of your idling time and cards dropped both for the current session as well overall. Kinda neat!

Is it impossible to create an option for Enhanced Steam where it will organizes your cards based on monetary value?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it impossible to create an option for Enhanced Steam where it will organizes your cards based on monetary value?

Not impossible, just impractical. The basic details of each item is already loaded when you load your inventory page - the problem is that the value of these items is not present and has to be retrieved via an AJAX request. This isn't so bad for items one at a time (that's how Valve does it) but getting the value of every item in your inventory in order to sort it means that there is a separate AJAX request for every item you own. Again, not so bad if you only have 10 items - but there are people that have literally thousands of items and such a task would easily kill your browser and have a significant performance impact on Steam's servers.

Looking at the currency exchange rates for real to dollar is making me sad, at least I can pay a fair price for the games because of the regional store.

Shadownet

Banned
Not impossible, just impractical. The basic details of each item is already loaded when you load your inventory page - the problem is that the value of these items is not present and has to be retrieved via an AJAX request. This isn't so bad for items one at a time (that's how Valve does it) but getting the value of every item in your inventory in order to sort it means that there is a separate AJAX request for every item you own. Again, not so bad if you only have 10 items - but there are people that have literally thousands of items and such a task would easily kill your browser and have a significant performance impact on Steam's servers.
Ahh I see, thanks. So I should be expecting a release date for that feature sometimes in early 2016? :p

makes sense. thanks for the explanation.
Btw your one click quick sale button in ES is amazing btw.
I was the primary catalyst in getting us card with the major push and numerous threads .
uh-huh... i'm sure we were going to get cards either way. I highly doubt such a big game wasn't going to get it day one.

Played a bit Saints Row 3. Everything is very fast. Got dizzy how fast things move. It has a weird plastic look to it. Probably gonna play something else for now.

The character customization though, wow. Pretty satisfied with what I ended up with. Usually don't spend much time with these things.

Annubis

Played a bit Saints Row 3. Everything is very fast. Got dizzy how fast things move. It has a weird plastic look to it. Probably gonna play something else for now.

The character customization though, wow. Pretty satisfied with what I ended up with. Usually don't spend much time with these things.

If 3 made you dizzy, I wouldn't touch 4 at all if I was you.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

You can even play as Aquaman.

Shadownet

Banned

Yeah 4 make 3 seem pretty tame by comparison.

Why do your character looks like Ruby Rose?

Turfster

How am I the first one on my friends list to get rankings on the friends leaderboard in Assault Android Cactus now that it's out of EA?
I am deeply disappointed in you guys.

Messiah

How am I the first one on my friends list to get rankings on the friends leaderboard in Assault Android Cactus now that it's out of EA?

You should add me, I was sad to see my leaderboards empty as well.
Haven't played that much yet though

derExperte

SteamGAF hates good arcade games. See the empty leaderboards for Geometry Wars 3. I'll get to Cactus right after SOMA. Which I might add is motherfucking creepy, no idea what the fuck the 'it's not a horror game' crowd is talking about. Am I too soft?

i remember i rushed through that game and beat it from start to finish during a free weekend play, i think its an alright game but it kind of spoiled itself, it showed off all the best moments in trailers so there were no surprises left once you get to actually play the game. Which reminds me we need more of those for singleplayer free weekends

edit: oh my bad, I mean I beat SR4 during a free weekend, not 3. Its that they look alike so I get them mixed up

Jawmuncher

Steam VNGaf. Exciting news.

Link to source.

In addition to Clannad coming to Steam this year, a new game from Key, Harmonia is also coming. The biggest news is that it's coming to the West before Japan.

Is the foot part of the game?

Ahh I see, thanks. So I should be expecting a release date for that feature sometimes in early 2016? :p

makes sense. thanks for the explanation.
Btw your one click quick sale button in ES is amazing btw.

uh-huh... i'm sure we were going to get cards either way. I highly doubt such a big game wasn't going to get it day one.
Ground zeroes didn't get cards, neither has any Konami game before it. Cards were established when rising came out as well. Just saying.

Anastasia

A shopping sim made for women.

But men are always dragged into it whilst hating their sodding life and being bored to death.

Except for the one time where I went along into the changing room. That was fun.

I would play this lol. Reminds me I should find my copy of Style Savvy and mess around with that again.

I've felt slightly motion sick playing it before too. Do you have motion blur enabled? Turning that off might help. I really like SR3 though. Been meaning to play more of the PC version.

I like your character~ ^^

Khronico

Man the Max Payne 3 PC port is kinda amazing. Not only does it still look really good (especially the gun effects and destruction) it runs super smooth. I don't think I've seen it drop below 60 and I have it maxed out on a mostly stock Alienware Alpha. Shame about the mostly unskippable cutscenes although the in mission scenes seem to be all skippable so far.

It's also still tied with RE6 as the best third person shooter of all time
with Vanquish a close third

Grief.exe

Man the Max Payne 3 PC port is kinda amazing. Not only does it still look really good (especially the gun effects and destruction) it runs super smooth. I don't think I've seen it drop below 60 and I have it maxed out on a mostly stock Alienware Alpha. Shame about the mostly unskippable cutscenes although the in mission scenes seem to be all skippable so far.

It's also still tied with RE6 as the best third person shooter of all time
with Vanquish a close third

If only we could get Vanquish on PC. Come on Sega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom