• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

playin this new steam game called try not to die from asthma
11931124_641160939359404_455047104_n.jpg
pretty addicting, no card drops tho

#pray4me

Man the Max Payne 3 PC port is kinda amazing. Not only does it still look really good (especially the gun effects and destruction) it runs super smooth. I don't think I've seen it drop below 60 and I have it maxed out on a mostly stock Alienware Alpha.
It ran like that for me and w/ tesselation on a 7770 back when I played it. Just great.

Jumped to another crime themed open-world game, GTA4 (with a ton of mods).
It's like to total oppsoite of Saints Row 3. Very heavy and slow movement. Shooting feels good and more realistic with the absolute need of using cover. It's fun.

I've felt slightly motion sick playing it before too. Do you have motion blur enabled? Turning that off might help. I really like SR3 though. Been meaning to play more of the PC version.
Good tip, will disable motion blur. Think I'll search for a way to up the FOV as well. Pretty narrow.
I like your character~ ^^
Thanks! Took me more time than I'd like to admit and embarrassingly fun toying while creating the perfect woman lol

Maniac

Banned

#pray4me

Yo ass tried Singulair? They're some really great tablets / pills. They literally cured my asthma... Atleast for a while; I got a viral lung-infection that kickstarted it again, but I'll be damned if they don't enable me so I can do just about anything. I've started running 4-5km every other day, and I'm not choking and wheezing after 10 meters anymore!

Good stuff, man.

(Some pharmaceutical companies brand it as Montelukast)

I need to force myself to stop buying games given I'm moving to Austin in 3 months. Think I'm finally done.....for a while at least. I've said it before again and again but I'm finally going to start using self control and enjoy the literally dozens of wonderful games I have to play.

*twitches*

And having long hair has a terrible side effect. Hair in my keyboard :/ At least it's easy to pop off keys to clean a mechanical keyboard.

GTA IV is still one of the best games of all times and has much more advanced physics than even GTA V. I love V but the downgrades compared to IV and Red Dead really hurt immersion at times(still far above other games though)

Shame Euphoria got bought out by fucking Zynga :/

GTA IV is still one of the best games of all times and has much more advanced physics than even GTA V. I love V but the downgrades compared to IV and Red Dead really hurt immersion at times(still far above other games though)

Shame Euphoria got bought out by fucking Zynga :/

gta iv was a huge disappointment.

Salsa

Yo ass tried Singulair? They're some really great tablets / pills. They literally cured my asthma... Atleast for a while; I got a viral lung-infection that kickstarted it again, but I'll be damned if they don't enable me so I can do just about anything. I've started running 4-5km every other day, and I'm not choking and wheezing after 10 meters anymore!

Good stuff, man.

(Some pharmaceutical companies brand it as Montelukast)

might have. tried a bunch of stuff growing up

I mostly have my asthma under control, except for like, once a year, ussually during spring (ie right now, here)

the real shitty part this year is that im on a high dosage of prednisone, highest ive ever been, and there's some real harsh side effects that are due to show up when im travelling to Chile next week :/

mood changes, constantly being exhausted, face swolling up like the moon, etc etc

was planning on having a week long vacation with my brother and hit the beach and some places, already spent the money, but yeah.. think im fucked. trying to stay positive

sucks.

Spelunky is really fun. Impressed. After I loose all my lives I start from 1-1 though (haven't gone further than 1-2 lol). But there are checkpoints, right?

Salsa

Spelunky is really fun. Impressed. After I loose all my lives I start from 1-1 though (haven't gone further than 1-2 lol). But there are checkpoints, right?

uh there's shorcuts which you can enable by meeting certain requirements

but

that's not how you play the game

give it some time and you'll see how the game is and is supposed to be played. you're basically seeing it wrong right now. beating the first 'world' becomes second nature, almost impossible to fail, and fundamental on getting stuff for your run in further levels

rogue-like
metroidvania
dark souls

these all once had meaning.

Dark Souls isn't genre, just so throwaway word for people's first difficult game.

Metroidvania and Rogue-like do have a meaning, but they are just used as a base and then became an indie buzzword bingo for kickstarters.

Metroidvania= shitty single player maple story shit
Rogue-like= random generated totally rogue-like

Coreda

rogue-like
metroidvania
dark souls

"Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior."

Ed Catmull (Pixar) speaking about the meaninglessness of phrases in industries such as 'The story is the most important thing' when even studios with that mantra can produce drivel.

rogue-like
metroidvania
dark souls

word. now every indie game be like "breh we're tots metroidvania/rouge-like" or some dev be like "yo bros, we got dem dark souls vibes, come through with that wallet boy".

Anime never had meaning. It was always trash.

stfu, you clearly haven't seen the best anime of all time, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, else you wouldn't be spewing that kind of nonsense :mad:
jojo-03-2.png

Jy84w9.gif

OKAY

GAMES

Go buy Assault Android Cactus!

Or play MGS5, oh how I want to play some mgs5, about to head off to bed :( I just found out who the man on fire is,
I'm disappointed that it was who i thought it was, it wasn't even well explained how he was still alive, like was the little boy controlling him or something? very confusing

GTA IV was the point where Rockstar began abandoning all of the game-ier elements of Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row embraced them and went from this terrible, trashy GTA knock-off to a ludicrously fun open world game with The Third.

It's like that debate about Max Payne that was going on earlier in this thread, one poster was arguing that MP3 wasn't noir because it was the campy, pulpy noir like MP1 and MP2. MP3 tried to be so deadly serious when its predecessors were largely ridiculous. Although you could argue Fall of Max Payne was a half-step away from the ludicrous camp of the first game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This thing's going global...

WcQya3e.png

Tizoc

word. now every indie game be like "breh we're tots metroidvania/rouge-like" or some dev be like "yo bros, we got dem dark souls vibes, come through with that wallet boy".

stfu, you clearly haven't seen the best anime of all time, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, else you wouldn't be spewing that kind of nonsense :mad:
jojo-03-2.png

Jy84w9.gif

There's also One punch man!
3m9bPoe.jpg

Couldn't find a GIF from the leaked first ep. but that'd do for now :V

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's up with different sized fonts? And is there a traditional Chinese version?

The fonts are sized using the system default size, not sure what's up with mine (because I don't know/read Chinese) but maybe it's a Windows 10 thing?

I'm putting the groundwork in place right now along with a having put in an application to have it hosted on Crowdin. I'll be sure to post back in when the translation page is open.

dex3108

#pray4me

Tnx to my doctor (private clinic) I am now 7 years without issues. I am buying spray just in case and tossing it away every few years when it reaches expire date. And I am allergic to dust, pollen and ambrosia. Zero issues past 7 years, no medication at all. :D

Suffer not the Shopkeepers to live...

GTA IV was the point where Rockstar began abandoning all of the game-ier elements of Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row embraced them and went from this terrible, trashy GTA knock-off to a ludicrously fun open world game with The Third.

It's like that debate about Max Payne that was going on earlier in this thread, one poster was arguing that MP3 wasn't noir because it was the campy, pulpy noir like MP1 and MP2. MP3 tried to be so deadly serious when its predecessors were largely ridiculous. Although you could argue Fall of Max Payne was a half-step away from the ludicrous camp of the first game.

Gotta be serious and mature as film, yo.

Backlogger

Would buying Mad Max from Funstock be cool for an American duder like myself?

http://www.funstockdigital.co.uk/mad-max-steam-key-pc-download

Yep, that's where I bought it. I just changed the currency to USD

So back to a discussion from earlier today. I know this will never happen but the idea of Valve developing Steam in home streaming apps for consoles.

What is the deal or word on Windows 10 for Xbox? I know apps on the Windows store need to be approved but theoretically couldn't Valve develop a Winodws 10 app just for streaming that could also work on Xbox One?

I just think this is a very interesting idea even if realistically it wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom