• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

As I wrote some weeks ago, here in Italy The Games Machine, the biggest PC magazine at the moment (it's on the business from 27 years) gave away G2A coupons in their magazine with each copy of it.

This doesn't mean G2A is legit, but it's a fact and it represents another big entity doing a partnership with G2A.

The biggest german PC magazine Gamestar does those things aswell.

Milamber

Huh!? I tried to activate a game on Steam by inputting a code but it just crashes the client.

EDIT: Never mind. I opted out of Steam beta and it worked.

Arthea

There is one more Harvest Moon and Pokemon? wannabe on greenlight (kickstarter too) - Rite of Life

F6269F95F4AC6B9EB2F6ED20D13A7BB1B19C9E80

we should upvote it of course

There is one more Harvest Moon and Pokemon? wannabe on greenlight (kickstarter too) - Rite of Life

we should upvote it of course
High-risk Kickstarter. No point in getting too excited. They have a miniscule budget and they're promising the sky itself all in about two years of dev time.

Also the UI looks like a mobile game which I find unnerving. (Yes, I know it's pre-alpha screens.)

Arthea

High-risk Kickstarter. No point in getting too excited. They have a miniscule budget and they're promising the sky itself all in about two years of dev time.

Also the UI looks like a mobile game which I find unnerving. (Yes, I know it's pre-alpha screens.)

so far none of promised Harvest Moon / Rune Factory alikes were released, none at all. There is simply too much work for a small indie team on games like that, so I keep my hopes very low.
But what if one day we'll get a good one? That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Arthea

Why has there never been a good farming sim RPG game on PC for so long?

as I said, too many gameplay mechanics, too complex and time-effort consuming games. Also nobody has this particular skill sets as it's not a genre that indie devs dive into in numbers.
Especially concerning Rune Factory, I asked some devs, if even they are willing to try all farming and social thingie, they want to leave combat and RPG part out of it, and so on.

edited: I'm more interested to see when (if) Wild Season will leave EA. So far it seems that won't happen in my lifetime.
Also Stardew Valley was promised this year too, but seeing what happened to Wild Season release, I wouldn't hold my breath.

edit2: Also there is Castaway Paradise... if you are really desperate.

PARANO1A

Speaking of October, I still need some recommendations for next month's OP. Here's what I've got so far:
  • Tales of Zestiria - jshackles
  • The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - milena87
  • Final Fantasy V (You May Have Missed) - jshackles
There are a few interesting titles coming out next month. There are also some great games sneaking in at the end of the this month that would be great for the You May Have Missed section: Jotun, Heroes VII, Sword Coast Legends, Mighty Gunvolt, NBA 2K16, Samurai Warriors 4-II, 80 Days, Pool Nation FX - just to name a few. Let us know why we should be excited to play these games!

Send me a PM if interested.

Van Helsing Complete is worth a write up. Probably the biggest loot game ever in terms of content.

Tizoc

Speaking of October, I still need some recommendations for next month's OP. Here's what I've got so far:
There are a few interesting titles coming out next month. There are also some great games sneaking in at the end of the this month that would be great for the You May Have Missed section: Jotun, Heroes VII, Sword Coast Legends, Mighty Gunvolt, NBA 2K16, Samurai Warriors 4-II, 80 Days, Pool Nation FX - just to name a few. Let us know why we should be excited to play these games!

Oh I'll try do a write up on TF:D if I get the time and PM you.

I really want to write something for Sword Coast Legends, but my grammar is pretty shit I'll make the game sounds worse than it is instead. Someone please make one. :D
Oh, and don't forget about D:OS definitive edition as well.

Copons

As I wrote some weeks ago, here in Italy The Games Machine, the biggest PC magazine at the moment (it's on the business from 27 years) gave away G2A coupons in their magazine with each copy of it.

This doesn't mean G2A is legit, but it's a fact and it represents another big entity doing a partnership with G2A.

Every single PC gamer I know consider G2A and friends to be totally legit sites.
Even though they tell me "I also buy the guarantee thing, because you never know", when I explain that sometimes keys are revoked and games removed from people's accounts, they still keep thinking they're legit.

For me it's kind of a lost cause, also because at some point I don't give enough shit about their Steam libraries.

Deques

Every single PC gamer I know consider G2A and friends to be totally legit sites.
Even though they tell me "I also buy the guarantee thing, because you never know", when I explain that sometimes keys are revoked and games removed from people's accounts, they still keep thinking they're legit.

For me it's kind of a lost cause, also because at some point I don't give enough shit about their Steam libraries.

Their way of thinking: "If it works, then it's legit"

Copons

Their way of thinking: "If it works, then it's legit"

Well, it actually does work, though. And it's featured on pretty much every gaming magazines and websites, so it just has to be legit!

What amazes me is that, if they buy the guarantee protection for a frigging digital key (which, if legit, just HAS to work, there are no other possibilities - bar very rare tech issues), deep in their minds they knows their walking in a gray area, yet they just cannot admit it, as long as they can shove their magical savings right in my face.

L.O.R.D

Even msi is doing partnership with them

Arthea

If only that was true. http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/steamtradingcards/images/4/4c/FINAL_FANTASY_XIII_Emoticon_FFXIIIlightning.png/revision/latest?cb=20141009230322[/IMG

I just hope she doesn't return.[/QUOTE]

of course she'll return
[QUOTE][IMG]http://abload.de/img/ibwvq2oinwihot18sgx.gif

Phinor

I've decided to drop Mad Max, such a monotonous game!

I did the same last week after finishing MGS5 and trying to go back to Mad Max. I realized decent way to waste time just isn't good enough, I have much more enjoyable games in queue anyway.

It looked pretty good though.

Arthea

Is it time to dewishlist Mad Max?

edited: do you wanna know what games have highest user rating on steam (with more than 1K votes)?

now you will, list time!

1. One Finger Death Punch 99% - 8K reviews (totally deserved too)
2. Undertale 99% - 1,5K (totally unexpected)
3. Portal 2 98% - 54K
4. Counter-Strike (yup, not go) 98% - 50K
5. BattleBlock Theater 98% - 24K (I'm not sure I agree with this, it's good, but not this good)
6. Portal 98% - 20K
7. Kung Fury 98% - 15K (it being free has something to do with it being in top ten, I think)
8. Mark of the Ninja 98% - 9K
9. Broforce 98% - 8K (another one I didn't expect in top 10)
10. Crypt of the NecroDancer 98% - 4K

11-20
Nuclear Throne
Lethal League
Crawl
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 (whoa! good for Matt)
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Unreal Tournament (well... I told you it's the best shooter)
Primordia
Secrets of Grindea (can't wait to play this, next year most likely)
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ (it's actually highest rated VN, amazing)
Left 4 Dead 2

Ozium

everytime I try to add a product code to steam it closes

also redshift blueshift keys from the be mine anniversary are available on the groupees

How am I the first one on my friends list to get rankings on the friends leaderboard in Assault Android Cactus now that it's out of EA?
I am deeply disappointed in you guys.
It's not like I need to hurry against a scrub like you. :p
/FamousLastWords
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Assault Android Cactus -- MB-F37AA783CCD751A6 - Taken by Roboleon. 30 entrants total.

t1443101282z1.png

Is it time to dewishlist Mad Max?
Gameplay is bland, hand to hand combat has none of the satisfaction or responsiveness of Batman or Mordor, vehicular combat is ramming cars while shooting/pulling out armor plates/drivers. There are a lot of upgrade options, but since all of them cost a lot of scraps, you are pretty much forced to do ubisoft map-cleaning, otherwise you're gonna have a bad time progressing through story.

Well, it actually does work, though. And it's featured on pretty much every gaming magazines and websites, so it just has to be legit!

What amazes me is that, if they buy the guarantee protection for a frigging digital key (which, if legit, just HAS to work, there are no other possibilities - bar very rare tech issues), deep in their minds they knows their walking in a gray area, yet they just cannot admit it, as long as they can shove their magical savings right in my face.

It's interesting how G2A has kind of bullied itself into relevance and some sort of legitimacy by their sponsorships. They give money to esports teams, twitch streamers and now giveaways like this on well established sites.

The G2A protection thing doesn't do shit by the way. A friend of mine bought Dying Light from a third party seller on the site and paid extra for the protection. The key turned out to be used so he contacted their support. I think they told him that they'd forward his complaint to the seller but then nothing happened after that. He sent more messages and they never replied. Finally he raised a complaint with Paypal and that's what got them to respond to him again. But they didn't actually try to solve his problem. They dragged it out for the full duration mandated by Paypal and then finally Paypal refunded the money.

Jawmuncher

It's interesting how G2A has kind of bullied itself into relevance and some sort of legitimacy by their sponsorships. They give money to esports teams, twitch streamers and now giveaways like this on well established sites.

The G2A protection thing doesn't do shit by the way. A friend of mine bought Dying Light from a third party seller on the site and paid extra for the protection. The key turned out to be used so he contacted their support. I think they told him that they'd forward his complaint to the seller but then nothing happened after that. He sent more messages and they never replied. Finally he raised a complaint with Paypal and that's what got them to actually respond to him again. But they didn't actually try to solve his problem. They dragged it out for the full duration mandated by Paypal and then finally Paypal refunded the money.

Gross. It's crazy how people don't see through it.

Dr Dogg

Morning Steamyos (sounds like a cereal)! On holiday not dead but will be back to bore you all to tears next week. In the meantime noticed this earlier...

http://www.greenmangaming.com/nintendo/

Might be UK only judging by the info I've seen from various outlets. No vouchers work sadly but did take what pitiful credit I had left. Yes I know this isn't Steam news but hey this really is the Super Secret WiiU Owners Clubhouse after all.

Deques

Morning Steamyos (sounds like a cereal)! On holiday not dead but will be back to bore you all to tears next week. In the meantime noticed this earlier...

Might be UK only judging by the info I've seen from various outlets. No vouchers work sadly but did take what pitiful credit I had left. Yes I know this isn't Steam news but hey this really is the Super Secret WiiU Owners Clubhouse after all.

It shows empty page for me. So it's not available in Sweden

Turning a blind eye is a classic corruption move. Money talks.

I think it's quite shameful.

Arthea

yeah, it's UK only, we talked about it.

edited: kindly don't ignore highest rated games on steam list, I wanna know your opinion
and I worked to make it!

This is kind of cool but if vouchers don't work I don't see much of a benefit since some of the prices are as outrageous as the eShop.

Chariot

Turning a blind eye is a classic corruption move. Money talks.

I think it's quite shameful.
I started watching Narcos yesterday and it really reminded me about what Ecoban and Al Capone did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom