• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

Part 1

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kyougar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shogun: Total War Collection Medieval II: Total War Collection Viking: Battle for Asgard Total War -- MB-5596AB6710D11376 - Taken by ExoSoul. 14 entrants total.

t1443119763z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If anyone here is interested in helping me translate Idle Master into other languages, keep an eye on http://translate.steamidlemaster.com/.

I'm still adding translation data to the application and will be updating that page with more strings as they become integrated. My initial focus was on the main window and that should now be 100% translatable. For the sake of simplicity, I'm currently only targeting languages that Steam itself supports.

Grief.exe

So no source then.

Edit: Saw the edit.

I figured you might need more explanation.

The revenue is likely more evenly split between PS4 and PC, if not weighted towards PC. Again, Math, but not all the unknowns are given.

I'm in Germany and have Prime so I can just order it, I send you a PM in a few minutes :)

Perfect. The only thing I just noticed is Amazon.de lists Transformers as releasing Nov 13th on PC.

Hopefully that's placeholder, but I have so many games to play at this point release dates are becoming irrelevant.

Kyougar

Part 2

Empire and Medieval Total War

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kyougar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Empire -- MB-E3B2693542A4D76C - Taken by Knurek. 12 entrants total.

t1443120363z1.png

Kyougar

And Part 3:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Napoleon -- MB-0A3EF732A9FFF5E4 - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Total War Shogun II -- MB-1212AD357C8DC8A9 - Taken by Kuroyume. 18 entrants total.

t1443120783z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Half-Life 3 won't be a VR game according to Valve

In a Q&A session at EGX Birmingham today, Chet Faliszeck was asked by an audience member if Half-Life 3 would be a VR game. A member of the audience popped the burning question when he was giving a talk on VR.

“No,” came his in-depth reply.

The same audience member asked the same question when Faliszeck spoke about how VR headset wouldn't be going wireless in the near future.

“I said ‘no’,” came his even more in-depth reply.

Basically: Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Now imagine if Valve are making it and they make it a Steam Machine exclusive - I would fly straight to Valve HQ with a crowbar and bad intent.

Anyway, it's cleary no coincidence this information came from a man called 'Chet Faliszeck" - HTL = Half Three Life. Switch it around and what do you get? Makes you think.

Hektor

Doesnt that kinda confirm that HL3 is in development? When they know that they're absolutely not gonna make this a VR-Game then that means that they've talked about that internally to come to this conclusion. Therefore, HL3 already reached the early pre-production phase. Only 30 more years to go then if they keep this pace up.

Jawmuncher

Doesnt that kinda confirm that HL3 is in development? When they know that they're absolutely not gonna make this a VR-Game then that means that they've talked about that internally to come to this conclusion. Therefore, HL3 already reached the early pre-production phase. Only 30 more years to go then if they keep this pace up.

They've been working on it for ages. Just we don't know to what extent. Could literally just be them getting together at lunch and going "Anyone have ideas for HL3?"

Maniac

Banned
youre gonna have to make a list now of blockbuster films with better action in them from the last 20 years

I normally despise lists but if youre gonna call me out i gotta check that

know in advance that your list is going to be terrible and wrong for so many reasons, though

I'd say the action itself was on-par, if not a good bit better, than The Raid: Redemption and Dredd 3D. Although I'd rank Dredd above The Raid, because The Raid has terrible CG blood for the most part.

I really loved John Wick though, and I truely believe it has thé best action sequences ever.

That movie is my favourite action movie of all time, really. But Fury Road is fucking great, and my... MOTY.

zkylon

zkylewd
not really, he probably doesn't really give a shit about the question so he just said no to move on

Maniac

Banned
Crank was great. I don't think they could stretch the premise to make a third one though.

What the world really needs is for Guy Ritchie to round up Gerard Butler, Jason Statham, Vinnie Jones and Idris Elba and make another movie in the vein of Lock Stock or Snatch.

Add Keanu Reeves, Karl Urban and Tom Hardy and you'd have the perfect action movie.

Hell, throw in the directors of John Wick and have them do some of the action scenes, and it'll be better than perfect.

Please?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I just hope HL3 is the next "big" game after L4D3.

I wouldn't be too upset with Portal 3 though, considering Portal 2 is the greatest game ever made.

It is in the beginning. You have to use checkpoint at a certain stage of learning the game imo, to get familiar enough with the last worlds to consistently clear them in Iron Man and Hell runs. As you start getting better, short cuts are ofc pointless because you start with a huge disadvantage.
uh there's shorcuts which you can enable by meeting certain requirements

but

that's not how you play the game

give it some time and you'll see how the game is and is supposed to be played. you're basically seeing it wrong right now. beating the first 'world' becomes second nature, almost impossible to fail, and fundamental on getting stuff for your run in further levels
Aha, shortcuts. I do like the movement, speed and responsiveness.
A freaking ghost comes every level after me though lol
Bro.

Where have you been the last three years.

Cmon now
That's my secret cap'. I'm always lttp.

I hate some people.[/email]
:( I'm so sorry buddy. That is an awful thing to go through. Stay strong and hang out with friends, talk with them. Off- or online.
Wow. Consoles figures surprise me. Going for the console crowd was the best idea.
And Part 3:
Shogun2 Collection. Incredible! Thank you Cougar
;)
If anyone here is interested in helping me translate Idle Master into other languages, keep an eye on http://translate.steamidlemaster.com/.
Page is down. Would like to give it a try.

Wow. Consoles figures surprise me. Going for the console crowd was the best idea.

It's not really surprising at all, I vividly recall them saying that console sales helped them develop Witcher 3.

The parity just proves that they were right on focusing development for consoles.

Dsyndrome

Dogg and JaseC, you still planning to Day 1 Syndicate? You'll get it eventually, just curious if this week's rumors and Unity's checkered past have swayed you one way or another.

It's not really surprising at all, I vividly recall them saying that console sales helped them develop Witcher 3.

The parity just proves that they were right on focusing development for consoles.
Yep. Even more when you realize the game still had performance issues on consoles. Good for CDPR going multiplat. Sure, they needed to make concessions on PC version but the extra dough will hopefully make Cyberpunk a much better game :)
It could be a DNS issue - that subdomain was just created about an hour ago. The page is also reachable at https://crowdin.com/project/idle-master
Great. Taking a look at it right now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Of course not, more like the timer.. does 2 hour limit catch all in the pack?

Yes. From the FAQ:

Refunds on Bundles
You can receive a full refund for any bundle purchased on the Steam Store, so long as none of the items in the bundle have been transferred, and if the combined usage time for all items in the bundle is less than two hours. If a bundle includes an in-game item or DLC that is not refundable, Steam will tell you if the whole bundle is refundable during check-out.

Annubis

I'm still adding translation data to the application and will be updating that page with more strings as they become integrated. My initial focus was on the main window and that should now be 100% translatable. For the sake of simplicity, I'm currently only targeting languages that Steam itself supports.

If French isn't 100% by tonight when I'm done with supper, I'll drop in there and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom