• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

What I don't understand about G2A is why people talk about prices there like it's a store. There's cheap secondhand keys on ebay too, and people seem to understand the difference.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm amazed Valve still hasn't blacklist Digital Homicide for all their fuckery.

Meanwhile they remove a guy's game just because he's frustrated and put a funny title on it :C

zkylon

zkylewd
The Raid is definitely not a better action movie and neither is its sequel. It's just cool, bloody action for the sake of cool, bloody action. Bad pacing, lame CGI blood, lacks a compelling narrative or characterization. It has some cool choreography, but that's it. I always got tired by the end of both movies.
i liked the first one a lot even tho i agree with ur criticisms of it

i hated the second movie tho. i still can't quite understand why i hated it so much but it was like complete 180 for me

The Raid is definitely not a better action movie and neither is its sequel. It's just cool, bloody action for the sake of cool, bloody action. Bad pacing, lame CGI blood, lacks a compelling narrative or characterization. It has some cool choreography, but that's it. I always got tired by the end of both movies.

the first movie was basically Die Hard with really amazing combat choreography. it was alright, i can see what people liked about it.

that second movie though. Shit dragged on forever and there were side stories in there that were shit. Extra confusing was when they used a villain from the first film as an important but unrelated side character in the second. I spent a lot of time WTFing trying to figure out if i missed a detail or some shit. And there's only so much punchy punch you can watch before you become numb to it all. It should been a 90 minute, tight as fuck action film but instead it was a nearly 2.5 hour bloated mess that left me never wanting to watch a Raid film ever again in a million years

The Raid is one of those films that will be well regarded less because of it being actually good (its fine) but because of how influential it is. Winter Soldier cribs hard from the Raid and is a great movie for having done so, for example

Dsyndrome

Speaking of great action movies:

Crank
Crank 2

sogood.gif

I run it just fine at 60fps with a 4690k.

Crank 2 was terrible compared to the first one. While the first one was fun yet stupid, the second one ramped up the stupid with that hooker lady and nonsense story (compared to the first).

Speaking of great action movies:

Crank
Crank 2

Crank was great. I don't think they could stretch the premise to make a third one though.

What the world really needs is for Guy Ritchie to round up Gerard Butler, Jason Statham, Vinnie Jones and Idris Elba and make another movie in the vein of Lock Stock or Snatch.

Kiru

Crank was great. I don't think they could stretch the premise to make a third one though.

What the world really needs is for Guy Ritchie to round up Gerard Butler, Jason Statham, Vinnie Jones and Idris Elba and make another movie in the vein of Lock Stock or Snatch.

That would be awesome indeed.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i think crank 2 kind of missed the mark pretty bad. first one was self aware and campy but not plain trashy bizarro shit like the sequel lol

i'd still watch a third one of those

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Else Heart.Break()

3Y9NsXm.jpg

Project Cars - LOGITECH LIVERY PACK

After a grueling school week, i cant wait to just veg out to VTM: Bloodlines this weekend. The hype behind that game is very real. I can see why it's one of the best PC games of all time.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
New financial details for The Witcher 3. Digital copies bring 50% of the revenue.

CD Projekt Red representative has responded to a financial question added on their official corporate forums.

By the end of June 2015 platform split looked as follows:

PC - 30%
Consoles - 70%

25% - Digital sales (50% of the total revenue)
75% - Retail

Recently released financial data excludes the proceeds from Expansion Passes/preorders.

80% of all marketing costs were covered by the distributors - namely Namco Bandai, Warner Bros and partners in other regions.

Chariot

After a grueling school week, i cant wait to just veg out to VTM: Bloodlines this weekend. The hype behind that game is very real. I can see why it's one of the best PC games of all time.
If only they had more money and time. The bugs were luckily fixed by fans, but some of the cut content would've been amazing. What happened to the people of the burned studio anyways? They could do a Kickstarter.

Wait till you get to the sewers. The hype will die hard.

If only they had more money and time. The bugs were luckily fixed by fans, but some of the cut content would've been amazing. What happened to the people of the burned studio anyways? They could do a Kickstarter.

Most of them ended up at Obsidian Entertainment. At least for a time.

Grief.exe

European Amazon stores have the physical edition of Transformes: Devastation for ~$20, any recommendations on where I should order it on to avoid huge shipping costs?

The last level is a really poor mark on what is an excellent game, of you find yourself becoming frustrated, turn on God Mode.

I remember when Activision forgot they owned the game for years, and never discounted or featured it during sales. Then it randomly showed up on a daily and likely generated thousands of sales.

Dsyndrome

Wait till you get to the sewers. The hype will die hard.

Most of them ended up at Obsidian Entertainment. At least for a time.

Wished Troika got to make another Vampire or Arcanum game; those are some of my most fondly remembered PC games, even without the mods for Bloodlines.

Lain

European Amazon stores have the physical edition of Transformes: Devastation for ~$20, any recommendations on where I should order it on to avoid huge shipping costs?

Isn't it only on Amazon.de that it's cheap? co.uk has it for 44.99£ (lol, higher than the console counterparts), .it/.fr/.es don't have it at all for PC (at least I couldn't find it).

Grief.exe

Total sales we actually fairly evenly split between the three platforms.

Interesting to see the sheer amount of revenue from digital sales, the PC version will continue generating massive revenue due to the proliferation of sales and inherent forwards compatibility.

Isn't it only on Amazon.de that it's cheap? co.uk has it for 44.99£ (lol, higher than the console counterparts), .it/.fr/.es don't have it at all for PC (at least I couldn't find it).

I've only checked.de so far, wrongly assumed it would be on the other stores as well.

Does .de ship to 'Murika?

I honestly thought PC was gonna be better than 30%.

With digital sales accounting for 50% of the revenue, the PC version will only continue to generate massive revenue over time.

This is the Steam thread, no need for MRORANGE-like postbaiting.

well the game coming to consoles had a lot of pros and cons to it. the obvious con was that the game got nailed with a downgrade to make it work on those machines. The pro was that the Witcher 3 wouldn't have been what it is today if they didn't have that console money to count on.

In this scenario, everyone wins. There was a contingent of players on PC who thought that the console versions were a waste of time and was a bad move and made their PC product worse. Well these numbers show that it was actually a smart move and they were in the right to have made it.

Every time I click activate a product on steam, steam crashes.
Any ideas how to fix it?
I'm in the Beta

key activation is bugged in the current beta

Grief.exe

No, PS4 has probably 65% or something.

Just like digital on consoles.

Digital on consoles is not anywhere near the amount of PC.

Split is roughly 30/30/40 between the platforms, with the PC obviously generating significantly more revenue as we move forward.

They do, shipping is around 5$ if I remember correctly, but it could be more.

I could also help you out if you are only interested in the key and don't need the plastic that comes with it :)

That would work, are you planning on ordering anything from Amazon? I could PayPal you the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom