• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I don't do aggregated reviews, users or professional, so it's all a bunch of cobblers to me. I take someone's opinion that I know, regardless if they love or hate the thing, then after enough of them and my own research draw conclusions from that. A score, percentage, bullet points etc. tell me very little and unlike most folks that trawl the interwebs I'm not adverse to reading countless proper reviews. I'm sure someone will say 'I don't have the time to do that' but neither do I really but if it's a purchasing decision that carries a hefty financial cost then you owe it to yourself to put the effort in.

That's a nice way to avoid answering a question. I wasn't asking what you think about reviews or scores or percentages! I was asking what do you think about top games, because as far as I can remember, there are 0 games on that list you personally like.

Turfster

Humble Fantastic Arcade bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Hellmouth (DRMFree)
  • ALEA (DRMFree)
  • HOKY (DRMFree)
  • Risky Bison (DRMFree)
  • Crap! No One Loves Me (DRMFree)
  • Wheels of Aurelia (DRMFree)
TIER 2: 8$
  • FEZ
  • Hotline Miami
  • Luftrausers
  • No Brakes Valet (DRMFree)
  • Mirrormoon EP
  • Fract OST

So what's this new MGSV update about?
Official 1.007 patch release
We have implemented the latest beta (Beta 1.007) as an official patch now.

Changelist:

- Fixed bug where game would not launch properly if installation directory name contained miltibyte characters.
This, I believe.
The game now detects when Cheat Engine is running and increases the timers by 10,000%.
ebMijmv.gif

One of my favorite games of the year has just released on Steam Early Access. To celebrate the release I bought an extra copy to give away. I've got about 20 hours in the backer beta of The Flame in the Flood. It's a fun game. Here's your chance to win a free copy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Flame in the Flood -- MB-0E80AFFB6851D650 - Taken by SalsaShark. 49 entrants total.

t1443203943z1.png

• Hellmouth (DRMFree)
  • ALEA (DRMFree)
  • HOKY (DRMFree)
  • Risky Bison (DRMFree)
  • FEZ
  • Hotline Miami
  • Luftrausers
  • Mirrormoon EP
  • Fract OST

Any of tier one on greenlight? / any chance they will come to steam? I have all of #2

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you have to sign any like official documents the higher you try to sell something? For example those people that put up those skins for knives or and guns for CS:GO for hundreds of dollars. Do they have to answer a bunch of questions?

Nope you just have to click on a link they send you via email.

Copons

• Hellmouth (DRMFree)
  • ALEA (DRMFree)
  • HOKY (DRMFree)
  • Risky Bison (DRMFree)
  • FEZ
  • Hotline Miami
  • Luftrausers
  • Mirrormoon EP
  • Fract OST

Chiming in for Wheels of Aurelia (so to partially answer to arts&crafts too).

It's from the same glorious cool Italian devs best known for MirrorMoon EP and Fotonica, and yes, they said that if/when the game passes Greenlight, they'll give the key to this bundle.

Kifimbo

And another Humble downgrade.

Even the 8$ tier is ridiculous, since all these games were previously bundled for 1$ (except maybe Fract OST).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, Final Fantasy V is out now. I'll get to playing it once I'm out of class.

I wonder how long it will take for someone to mod the original sprites back into the game, since that seems to be a sore point for a lot of people.
Personally, I like the new graphics.

I don't think my Stealth setup is going to work for Episode 31 of MGS5.

The more I play this game, the more I just love the gameplay....and fucking loathe everything else.

ACC between missions that should flow together, timers, micro transactions, "Episodes", Intro/Outro everytime. It's all just terrible.

And who thought it was a good idea to put the characters and shit in the intro? Thanks for spoiling that Metal Gear is showing up in this episode....

Soulflarz

Banned
Damn this looks amazing! And it's not a Koei Tecmo developed game. Dimps did a great job on Xenoverse. QLOC probably has their hands in this as well. Day 1.

blazblue_chronophantasma_extend_622x320.jpg

Also... BlazBlue CPE coming to STEAM in January courtesy of H2 Interactive. They're latest releases have been fantastic. Can't wait.

Whaaaat
Yesss

jshackles

it was 7 cents.

Well, that's the first time I've heard of it being triggered for such a low amount, maybe it's just a bug?

Interesting. I would have thought that Valve would would have made you do something else once you start trying to sell stuff for that kind of money.

The only other check in place is that you've filed your tax information or statement of exemption with Valve, if the item you're selling puts you over the $200 annual limit.

One of my favorite games of the year has just released on Steam Early Access. To celebrate the release I bought an extra copy to give away. I've got about 20 hours in the backer beta of The Flame in the Flood. It's a fun game. Here's your chance to win a free copy!

Looks cool, but what is it about? It says "rogue-lite" (what), craft, evade so survivor game?

oh hey chrono phantasma extend only 6 months after it was released in other platform
EleGiggle.png

The only other check in place is that you've filed your tax information or statement of exemption with Valve, if the item you're selling puts you over the $200 annual limit.

Oh it's a cash limit too? Then again that makes way more sense than the item limit. I am almost at that limit in terms of number of items at 151 items sold so I got 49 items before I need to give my info.

Humble are on a roll. I've saved so much money in the past weeks thanks to their shitty bundles.

You could save money by playing video games :3c.

Ludens

Banned
I don't think my Stealth setup is going to work for Episode 31 of MGS5.

The more I play this game, the more I just love the gameplay....and fucking loathe everything else.

ACC between missions that should flow together, timers, micro transactions, "Episodes", Intro/Outro everytime. It's all just terrible.

And who thought it was a good idea to put the characters and shit in the intro? Thanks for spoiling that Metal Gear is showing up in this episode....

Consider this: the only thing I miss at the moment are:

-ONE poster
-the badge for extracting 1000 people (and I'm pretty sure that using wormhole doesn't count toward this)
-clearing out bonus objectives
-yellow dispatch missions

Well, those missions keep failing. And you need to wait 3 hours, than you see them fail again. This is stupid. I unlocked Raiden, it took almost three hours to develop. I unlocked the special bandana for infinite ammo, the same.

My question is: why?

Why do I need to wait all this time to do EVERYTHING in this game.
I S ranked all missions, why don't you just give me special gear without waiting ages? What I need to do? I'm not sure I'll do bonus objectives because, that alone, will suck easily 40 hours or so, and I don't really want to play other 40 hours doing those missions again and again. Why those timers exist in first place?
Peace Walker was much better: each item required X missions cleared to be developed, but you can easily avoid that by doing missions lasting less than one minute.

This system feels exactly like Konami would implement microtransactions to cut time, due to FOB backlash they thought again about the whole thing, never releasing time saver but leaving the system as it is now.

EDIT: Great news about FFV, I just redeemed my code for this garbage from GMG. SE continues to amaze me, they didn't bother to release a fix for FFIVAE to patch random crashes the game suffers.

jshackles

Yeah I was talking specifically about the character models, that tiling looks pretty horrid.

Dr Dogg

That's a nice way to avoid answering a question. I wasn't asking what you think about reviews or scores or percentages! I was asking what do you think about top games, because as far as I can remember, there are 0 games on that list you personally like.

Sorry I'm a tad short on time but there's about 4 games that you listed that I like but that doesn't change the fact I like them for completely different reasons than them populating a list of the top rated user reviews which my snarky posts states is not my criteria of find out about stuff. If all 10 were stuff I like then it really says nothing other than a strange coincidence :p

Ewwwwww.

Then again the default game throws me up this.

But with a bit of faffing, giggerypokery with a few things and I somewhat get this.

Doesn't fit on my screen though and text is completely fucked. In attempts to make a varying degree of display resolutions available for all pretty much every dev has fucked up integer scaling with pixel based games these days. Game actually displays at 640x384 but uses the wrong scaling method so looks a blurry mess. Also anything other than a multiple of that will have some weird issues with tiles not aligning correctly. One day a FF game on PC will be perfect.

Arthea

oh look we talk about graphics of a mobile port! What's the point?
If you plan to buy FF5 because of how it looks, you are doing it wrong, you buy it because of how it plays.

Soulflarz

Banned
If you plan to buy FF5 because of how it looks, you are doing it wrong, you buy it because of how it plays.

Eh, the issue is moreso when graphics are so bad they actively detract form the experience.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

That's not a compelling excuse, especially not in 2015. Even if a game plays fine:

YXAoFfw.png

That's an error that even the sloppiest of RPG Maker games avoid. For a $16 title, they need to put way more care into the entire presentation of the game.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics -- MB-754C3E296026EA8E - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.

t1443120424z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom