• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's already a new version. Wth

Central Fiction was announced in July. It hasn't come out in Arcades yet so this Steam release of CP:E is the closest we will get for a good while of Steam and Consoles being in tandem.

So in this case. I might actually get this if the netcode is decent. Since CF is so far away for consoles.

I look forward to playing the new Blazblue in January then.

January 2019.

Lol what. Oh you meant for Steam

Yeah probably.

More than likely Steam will get Central Fiction Extend so 2019 is not even that bad of a guess.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Poise as someone from the industry and ask square for us directly. "Yes this is jshackles from enhanced steam, when will you be releasing lightning returns on steam?"

That's just crazy enough to work. BRB

Jazz573

is this light novel so popular ?
i am really shocked they just reached $70000

but a game like GRIP failed

so many people love that kind of games ?

Visual Novel, and yes. It's one of the highest ranked VNs in both Japan and the West. It's the highest rated VN on VNDB.

MUnited83

For you.

GRIP faiked because its a new IP and the campaign wasn't really well marketed at all.
Meanwhile MUV Luv is a established IP with titles rated very highly in its genre

With our luck a new GG will be revealed in January.

Which is good but the real test will be when the console version of CF (Central Fiction) and PC release in the same time frame.

That is the latest on Consoles yes. Central Fiction won't be out in arcades until winter and there isn't a console release date for that yet I believe.

Ladies and gents, we're about to catch up on ASW fighting games. UNIEL and XRD! LET'S GO!!!!

Damn auto correct on phone used *they're*. Ugh

Ah thanks, I always get lost on all the versions BB and GG get.

Man Sins: Rebellion never goes below $10 which is an absolute crime considering it released in 2012.

Might see if I can swing buying Gal Civ III this weekend. Shame the DLC isn't on sale though. If I can't get it now I'm sure it'll be the same price or less during the fall/winter sales. Still need the new Endless Legend DLC though...

Eila

Anime fans are loaded. Clannad VN did 540k.
And both of these have already been fan-translated, so they're just in for the enhacements/official releases.

Every time I try clicking on "activate product on steam", the client crashes. Seems I'll not the only one either judging from the steam beta forums either. Hope they fix it soon.

Looks cool, but what is it about? It says "rogue-lite" (what), craft, evade so survivor game?

oh hey chrono phantasma extend only 6 months after it was released in other platform
EleGiggle.png

You journey down a river on a makeshift raft in an attempt to escape the coming flood. It is a survival game with crafting mechanics. Death is permanent (sort of). The idea is to survive. There is only an endless mode right now. They are working on the campaign part of the game as well as tweaking various play mechanics.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfa_-r6Ym0

dex3108

Mad Max has one of the best worlds i have seen in OW games. I am playing it for 26 hours and i am still discovering new things on map. Avalanche did extraordinary job in that department. Map is natural and full of details, from amazing dried sea floor to abandoned harbor and mountains on the other side of the map. Also putting your main goal on the opposite side from where you begin and making it visible from every part of the map is awesome.

Also i love what Avalanche did with lightning. It is mostly dynamic and they included Sub - Surface Scattering for skin.

I even like that there is no Story heavy main missions. And if they ever make Mad Max 2 i would love to see great Story heavy side missions with interesting characters and fraction system but no heavy main mission. I would be fine if game didn't have any main story at all but amazing side stories. I really hope that WB will be for Mad Max 2.

L.O.R.D

so , what the best VN game you recommend me to play ?

i haven't start 999 and Danganronpa yet because i am not sure if i am gonna like it

Nah, I guess I should have instructions for that, still kinda figuring out the settings for a .NET project. & is used in the menus to denote which button is the hotkey when pressing ALT. So ALT + F = File menu, and so on. Some translations have entered their text, followed by (&F) (for File) and it looks okay.

Ah okay. I translated Idle Master and finished the suggestions for Enchanced Steam in Finnish, woop woop

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mad Max has one of the best worlds i have seen in OW games. I am playing it for 26 hours and i am still discovering new things on map. Avalanche did extraordinary job in that department. Map is natural and full of details, from amazing fried sea floor to abandoned harbor and mountains on the other side of the map. Also putting your main goal on the opposite side from where you begin and making it visible from every part of the map is awesome.

Also i love what Avalanche did with lightning. It is mostly dynamic and they included Sub - Surface Scattering for skin.

I even like that there is no Story heavy main missions. And if they ever make Mad Max 2 i would love to see great Story heavy side missions with interesting characters and fraction system but no heavy main mission. I would be fine if game didn't have any main story at all but amazing side stories. I really hope that WB will be for Mad Max 2.

Yeah, Avalanche really nailed it. I'd say my favourite detail is how nightttime mimics the "day for night" aesthetic of Fury Road's nighttime scenes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah okay. I translated Idle Master and finished the suggestions for Enchanced Steam in Finnish, woop woop

Thanks! I went ahead and gave proofreading status to several GAF users I recognized (including you) so a lot of you that have already contributed can also approve your own submissions as well as approving the submissions of others.

dex3108

Yeah, Avalanche really nailed it. I'd say my favourite detail is how nightttime mimics the "day for night" aesthetic of Fury Road's nighttime scenes.

I also love how every single outpost/place feels hand made. And some of those places are huge especially if they go underground.

claimed a key for Coffin Dodgers and Vermintide Beta off that Alienware Arena giveaway...over an hour later and no keys

not liking my odds of anything actually showing up

edit: checked the site again, claimed the Coffin Dodgers key when there were over 7000 left but says I don't get a key because they ran out (?)...guess that answers that

claimed a key for Coffin Dodgers and Vermintide Beta off that Alienware Arena giveaway...over an hour later and no keys

not liking my odds of anything actually showing up

Same, probably just has a lot of keys to send out, it's taken a long time on other giveaways too.

EDIT: Just got an email for both, got the Vermintide key, but they are out of Coffin Dodgers keys so I didn't get one, oh well.

JaseC

I also love how every single outpost/place feels had made. And some of those places are huge especially if they go underground.

It can be a little annoying when you're found everything but a single piece of scrap and you spend more time searching for it than you did clearing out the camp, haha. I kindasorta wish that completing the main objective would reveal the locations of the secondary ones.

jshackles

Probably US only - and a few hoops to jump through, but here goes:

Dell has Fallout 4 (PC) available for $60 MSRP. However, Dell Advantage members get 2x$25 Dell gift cards when checking out. You can sign up for a free account here. So you get Fallout 4 and $50 in Dell credit (which can be used to buy other games) for $60. However, you won't get the credit until after the game ships.

Hope someone finds this useful!

dex3108

It can be a little annoying when you're found everything but a single piece of scrap and you spend more time searching for it than you did clearing out the camp, haha. I kindasorta wish that completing the main objective would reveal the locations of the secondary ones.

In one hand it would be nice but in other hand it is nice to explore things from head to toe for that one scrap piece XD Game really has potential for sequel where they could tweak things and improve others.

Dr Dogg

So I'm watching a few vids from the press for AssCreed Syndicate which I'm guessing is preview stuff as they're from today and to me it's looking a-ok. Granted framerate goes to shit when traversing the city too fast or getting into certain types of fights as well as a few little rendering issues that I doubt many will notice. Which considering how the console versions of AC have always ran it looks about par for the course (along with hilariously wonky NPC AI and collision detection). One thing I haven't noticed is any of the hideous LOD issues Unity had. Don't know if they're using fog to mask the transitions PS2 game style but what can be seen in shitty YouTube footage has been quite smooth. Interiors and lighting are just as good as Unities so can't wait to see what they're like with some proper resolution and Nvidia bells and whistles. Of course it's a 9000 man Ubi job so chances are it's going to be littered with bugs and need a patch or two but hey at least we're back to a deferred PC release schedule so fingers crossed that's all ironed out somewhat. And before anyone even makes a comments about the colour of my spectacles I have never once had an issue with an AC game on PC that I couldn't fix myself or was to be expected regards to hardware I'm running on or relevant to the tech involved.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

boxeswithguns -- MB-10EB90E7390CFC17 - Taken by Belgarion

JaseC

So I'm watching a few vids from the press for AssCreed Syndicate which I'm guessing is preview stuff as they're from today and to me it's looking a-ok. Granted framerate goes to shit when traversing the city too fast or getting into certain types of fights as well as a few little rendering issues that I doubt many will notice. Which considering how the console versions of AC have always ran it looks about par for the course (along with hilariously wonky NPC AI and collision detection). One thing I haven't noticed is any of the hideous LOD issues Unity had. Don't know if they're using fog to mask the transitions PS2 game style but what can be seen in shitty YouTube footage has been quite smooth. Interiors and lighting are just as good as Unities so can't wait to see what they're like with some proper resolution and Nvidia bells and whistles. Of course it's a 9000 man Ubi job so chances are it's going to be littered with bugs and need a patch or two but hey at least we're back to a deferred PC release schedule so fingers crossed that's all ironed out somewhat. And before anyone even makes a comments about the colour of my spectacles I have never once had an issue with an AC game on PC that I couldn't fix myself or was to be expected regards to hardware I'm running on or relevant to the tech involved.

I hope it supports SMAA. Ubi's games are all of the place when it comes to AA support. Mind you, Ubi did a great job of tweaking Unity's FXAA: there's no discernible loss of finer texture detail as far as my eyes are concerned (and I did take a bunch of comparison screenshots).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Probably US only - and a few hoops to jump through, but here goes:

Dell has Fallout 4 (PC) available for $60 MSRP. However, Dell Advantage members get 2x$25 Dell gift cards when checking out. You can sign up for a free account here. So you get Fallout 4 and $50 in Dell credit (which can be used to buy other games) for $60. However, you won't get the credit until after the game ships.

Hope someone finds this useful!

Are you certain you get two cards?

Edit: Just found where the second card is. Damn. If you can sell both cards for ~$40 thats a damn good deal.

derExperte

SOMA beta patch: http://steamcommunity.com/app/282140/discussions/0/517142892053657683/

The PC 1.01 Beta is now live on Steam.

To get it do the following:

1) Right click on the SOMA in the steam game list.
2) Choose properties
3) Click on the BETAS tab
4) In the drop-down menu, select "public_beta"
5) Restart steam and make sure SOMA updates
6) Once update is over, right click on the SOMA in the steam game list and choose properties again.
7) Click on the Local Files tab
8) Check so BuildID is 788549 or higher
9) Now you can start the game again

The patch addresses the following issues:

- Stuttering frame-rate
- SOMA refuses to start
- Crashes at various places
- Stungun not functioning at lambda
- Missing levers or doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom