• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

FFV looked the same on mobile, it's just that -of course- it's more noticeable on higher resolutions (check the tiles):

hqdefault.jpg

It's a straight mobile port, just as III and IV. I don't know what you expected :p

Arthea

That's not a compelling excuse, especially not in 2015. Even if a game plays fine:

http://i.imgur.com/YXAoFfw.png[/img

That's an error that even the sloppiest of RPG Maker games avoid. For a $16 title, they need to put way more care into the entire presentation of the game.[/QUOTE]
Honestly? I don't give a damn, it was a very cheap mobile remake in the first place, from the first day screenshots were released we already knew it won't be pretty, I was disappointed then, true, but that was two years ago already. It's odd to see this discussion again as if it's some revelation.
FF5 is a good game, isn't that enough to buy it on sale for example? SE won't make it any better, you know that from the way they treated FF5 and 6 remakes, no?

[quote="Jawmuncher, post: 179840663"]FF6 mobile looks pretty good too.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately it doesn't...

Why not just include the option to play with the original sprites? I guess that would require effort and the mobile pump n' dump port is easier money.

Honestly? I don't give a damn, it was a very cheap mobile remake in the first place, from the first day screenshots were released we already knew it won't be pretty, I was disappointed then, true, but that was two years ago already. It's odd to see this discussion again as if it's some revelation.
FF5 is a good game, isn't that enough to buy it on sale for example? SE won't make it any better, you know that from the way they treated FF5 and 6 remakes, no?

Because, now this might shock you, not everyone on GAF pays attention to mobile.

Why not just include the option to play with the original sprites? I guess that would require effort and the mobile pump n' dump port is easier money.

It would require more effort but I doubt it would be a lot of work.

So

Uh
A gaffer keeps telling me to play that
hm

It depends. Either you will dislike the first part and like the later stuff or vice versa. You very well could like both.

Unless they are putting all the VNs together I can't recommend buying the games separately.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

It's fine if you don't 'give a damn', but you should be able to see exactly why people would still find it unpleasant and complain about it. Especially if it's been 2 years since the mobile version was released. What took them so long? Why were they unable to address the complaints that piled high in the first place?

People don't want to pay up for shoddily constructed experiences, and hopefully now that Valve has refunds in place, Square won't keep assuming it's okay to throw half-baked jobs at our market.

Jawmuncher

I played the whole game on mobile I liked the way it looked.

Caerith

It's true that the original games were pretty fantastic and that S-E could've just run some SNES roms through an emulator, but they put a lot of money and a modicum of effort into remaking them so please adjust your nostalgia filters and embrace the mediocrity.

Jazz573

So

Uh
A gaffer keeps telling me to play that
hm

It's mainly the final game Muv-Luv Alternative. You have to force yourself through two moeblob games just to get to the good stuff, but it's well worth it from what I've heard. I mean if you don't mind moeblob the first two games probably won't be so bad, but if not, well... But you really can't play MLA without the first two, otherwise it won't make a whole lot of sense.

Dsyndrome

I'll keep playing 4 and 5 on Vita, only thing I'm missing out on are Trophies/Achievements, but they're old enough games that I don't care at this point. The mobile ports look atrocious, and I can't see spending that much money for the effort put forth on them.

Arthea

I'll bet you $5

nah, I'll take your word on it
good luck with greenlight

It's fine if you don't 'give a damn', but you should be able to see exactly why people would still find it unpleasant and complain about it. Especially if it's been 2 years since the mobile version was released. What took them so long? Why were they unable to address the complaints that piled high in the first place?

People don't want to pay up for shoddily constructed experiences, and hopefully now that Valve has refunds in place, Square won't keep assuming it's okay to throw half-baked jobs at our market.

well, that's how SE rolls these days, I guess I've learnt not to expect anything from them, as I said I'd take this FF5 over no FF5.

You are right about one thing, people have right to complain as much as they wish

It’s now time to talk about the framerate; all versions of Tales of Zestiria will run at a constant 30 frames per second. Before you run off to the comment section, hear us out! The Tales of battle system has always been an integral part of the gameplay experience, and changing the framerate proved to have profound consequences on things like: animation, balance, difficulty, and overall fighting mechanics tuning. We do this in the best interest for the players’ experience!

Japanese devs...consistently behind the West in video games since the turn of the century.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't think this bundle will be that popular, have you seen it?

OTOH... maybe that will be enough for getting greenlight votes.
Its a Humble Bundle. The most famous Bundle site of all.

Even Groupees Greenligh bundles games get a good bump, this will be even bigger.
Besides, they would be greenlit eventually anyways.

Japanese devs...consistently behind the West in video games since the turn of the century.
Not really worth getting up in arms as they explain the original game was made with 30fps and stuff brakes otherwise.
Not optimal but it's one of those games which only could have 60fps, if that was planned during initial development.
The important thing is for devs to keep compatibility of mechanics, engine etc. at 60fps in mind once they start making the game, not once they think of porting it.

Grief.exe

Tales of Symphonia battles are 30 fps preorder cancelled

Can't seem to find any evidence of the confirmation, other than the stream running in 30 FPS which is ridiculous.

They said it was based on the PS3 port, so we can assume 30 FPS, but no official confirmation.

Yeah, they covered this a few weeks ago on a blog post discussing the entire game being locked to 30FPS since much of the game logic is tied to framerate.

That was Zesteria, not Symphonia which has a 60 FPS version available on Gamecube.

Man 60 bucks for both I thought it was supposed to be 50? Oh well I'll pledge when i get home.

I am surprised it's not 50 for each to be honest.

Can't seem to find any evidence of the confirmation, other than the stream running in 30 FPS which is ridiculous.

That was Zesteria, not Symphonia which has a 60 FPS version available on Gamecube.

The HD version was 30 FPS which was based off of the PS2 version of the game.

They haven't used the Gamecube version of the game since the Gamecube.

So I have a 9/10 chance feeling that it won't be 60 FPS on PC either since I doubt Namco is going to touch that version.

The Humble weekly is tempting, I really like the art style of Wheels of Aurelia, but last time I bought a humble with greenlight games in it it took months before I got the first Steam key. I wish more of the games in this bundle were on greenlight.

Momentary

Banned
That's the latest BB right? Nice to see PC finally reaching the console release.

That is the latest on Consoles yes. Central Fiction won't be out in arcades until winter and there isn't a console release date for that yet I believe.

Ladies and gents, we're about to catch up on ASW fighting games. UNIEL and XRD! LET'S GO!!!!

Damn auto correct on phone used *they're*. Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom