• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my Bard's Tale rewards. InXile has a strange backer portal. Apparently I can mix-and-match pledge rewards if I want.

Pretty good deal, though. For $20, I got Bard's Tale IV, three exclusive DLC's, the remastered original trilogy and Wasteland 2.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
UOuGNBJ.jpg

Romero's Aftermath

Maniac

Banned
Mad Max has one of the best worlds i have seen in OW games. I am playing it for 26 hours and i am still discovering new things on map. Avalanche did extraordinary job in that department. Map is natural and full of details, from amazing dried sea floor to abandoned harbor and mountains on the other side of the map. Also putting your main goal on the opposite side from where you begin and making it visible from every part of the map is awesome.

Also i love what Avalanche did with lightning. It is mostly dynamic and they included Sub - Surface Scattering for skin.

I even like that there is no Story heavy main missions. And if they ever make Mad Max 2 i would love to see great Story heavy side missions with interesting characters and fraction system but no heavy main mission. I would be fine if game didn't have any main story at all but amazing side stories. I really hope that WB will be for Mad Max 2.

That could actually be a bit amazing. No main plot, just the wasteland and it's goings-ons.
Yeah, Avalanche really nailed it. I'd say my favourite detail is how nightttime mimics the "day for night" aesthetic of Fury Road's nighttime scenes.

You two need to stop making me want this game. Cause I'm hella broke and hella depressed, and MGSV is driving me insane atm. Fuck checkpoints, fuck Quiet's annoying boobs and Kojimas pervyness, and also the horrible incoherence of the ACC, Motherbase and the mission areas, and ofcourse the episode-missions that're incoherent as hell.

I'd rather play Mad Max, I think. Actually, I outright would if I had it.

It also looks nice aesthetically, unlike MGS.
I don't think my Stealth setup is going to work for Episode 31 of MGS5.

The more I play this game, the more I just love the gameplay....and fucking loathe everything else.

ACC between missions that should flow together, timers, micro transactions, "Episodes", Intro/Outro everytime. It's all just terrible.

And who thought it was a good idea to put the characters and shit in the intro? Thanks for spoiling that Metal Gear is showing up in this episode....
Kojima is a visionary, you just don't understand! This is his fifth masterpiece, you can count 'em!!!11
I think he's a poor designer and incredibly overrated.

dex3108

That could actually be a bit amazing. No main plot, just the wasteland and it's goings-ons.

I mean how could you do main plot in Mad Max game and keep player interested? Max is lone warrior that roams wasteland so make game that will mirror that. Make game where you are going around wasteland surviving, upgrading your car etc. and meeting interesting characters that will give you interesting missions. Include fractions and ability to help them for respect (make similar system that GTA 2 had with gangs). Put interesting locations around wasteland that you can see from far away and some hidden ones so people can explore them. So much potential.

Nillansan

how come Little Big Adventure isnt on Steam yet?

I even remember the creator talking about doing a remake back in 2012

pls

I feel like replaying Little Big Adventure 2 now, it was my absolute favourite of the two entries. Hopefully it will make it's way onto Steam one day along with some enhancements.

I don't think my Stealth setup is going to work for Episode 31 of MGS5.

The more I play this game, the more I just love the gameplay....and fucking loathe everything else.

ACC between missions that should flow together, timers, micro transactions, "Episodes", Intro/Outro everytime. It's all just terrible.

And who thought it was a good idea to put the characters and shit in the intro? Thanks for spoiling that Metal Gear is showing up in this episode....
Yea the intros spoiling when skull face, skulls or whoever had a guest appearance is a dumb choice, why spoil the surprise? Couldve placed that for the outro

Dsyndrome

Backer rewards kicked in, here's a free game:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut -- MB-0BCA0E7436E28677 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 45 entrants total.

t1443139864z1.png

Jawmuncher

Starring:
J "enhanced" shackles
Morning "distraught" bus
fresh "rotten" Veggie

Enemy Combatants:
Soccer Fans

Guest Starring:
Sch1sm
WinterDemons

Thread Design:
Jshackles
MrOrange

Written by:
Jshackles

Creative Producers:
Hero Prinny
Dr Dogg

Created and Directed by:
Jshackles

Steam | October 2015

-----------

Yeah when you write it all out, it's pretty annoying just in general

Starring:
J "enhanced" shackles
Morning "distraught" bus
fresh "rotten" Veggie

Enemy Combatants:
Soccer Fans

Guest Starring:
Sch1sm
WinterDemons

Thread Design:
Jshackles
MrOrange

Written by:
Jshackles

Creative Producers:
Hero Prinny
Dr Dogg

Created and Directed by:
Jshackles

Steam | October 2015

-----------

That's pretty good.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm stuck at the (MGSV mid game story spoiler)
crashed chopper with code talker and have no idea how I'm going to survive these skulls, any tips or tricks for the fight?

Jawmuncher

crashed chopper with code talker and have no idea how I'm going to survive these skulls, any tips or tricks for the fight?

If need be return to ACC and develop more stuff. If you don't care about being lethal the grenade launchers work pretty well especially if you fight around the containers. Also having the combat gear helps as well.

If you're trying to go for nonlethal I can't help you.

Battle Dress, D-Walker with minigun, always be moving. It's fairly easy that way.

EDIT: Don't forget a shield on your back to block shots to the butt.

Just did that today
Run toward the AA gun near the main building, lure the skulls toward you and just fire. each one drops in a few seconds
I was really surprised how well that worked

hohoXD123

Mad Max has one of the best worlds i have seen in OW games. I am playing it for 26 hours and i am still discovering new things on map. Avalanche did extraordinary job in that department. Map is natural and full of details, from amazing dried sea floor to abandoned harbor and mountains on the other side of the map. Also putting your main goal on the opposite side from where you begin and making it visible from every part of the map is awesome.

Also i love what Avalanche did with lightning. It is mostly dynamic and they included Sub - Surface Scattering for skin.

I even like that there is no Story heavy main missions. And if they ever make Mad Max 2 i would love to see great Story heavy side missions with interesting characters and fraction system but no heavy main mission. I would be fine if game didn't have any main story at all but amazing side stories. I really hope that WB will be for Mad Max 2.
Damn, those environments look stunning.

Hektor

Climb on the roof of the hangar, ez mode. They barely ever attack you there

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Starring:
J "enhanced" shackles
Morning "distraught" bus
fresh "rotten" Veggie

Enemy Combatants:
Soccer Fans

Guest Starring:
Sch1sm
WinterDemons

Thread Design:
Jshackles
MrOrange

Written by:
Jshackles

Creative Producers:
Hero Prinny
Dr Dogg

Created and Directed by:
Jshackles

Steam | October 2015

-----------

Me right now:
TpaoGpO.gif

rtcn63

The light machine gun + supply drops are your friend. A grenade launcher/shotgun also works in the other hand.

Khronico

Starring:
J "enhanced" shackles
Morning "distraught" bus
fresh "rotten" Veggie

Enemy Combatants:
Soccer Fans

Guest Starring:
Sch1sm
WinterDemons

Thread Design:
Jshackles
MrOrange

Written by:
Jshackles

Creative Producers:
Hero Prinny
Dr Dogg

Created and Directed by:
Jshackles

Steam | October 2015

-----------

You should record a ~1min mission briefing along with this.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I told you guys.

Surprisingly little amount of activity in OT though

50% of posts is that one guy bitching about the game not having a "proper" release date yet because Steam is DEAD to him now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom