• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honest to god don't understand how they make fun of the waifu shit when thats like one of the main "features" in bioware games. I think its cause its a western company so they eat it up.
It's easier to swallow the immature and poorly developed nature of bioware's waifus/romantic interests when they're not thousand year old dragons pretending to be horny 13 year old girls

Gaming side is full of millennials who likely enjoyed da:I as their first wrpg

Remember, your twentieth RPG might be someone else's first

Edit: goddamn autocorrect makes me sound stupider than I already am

I enjoyed BG2, Torment, NWN2, DA Origins, Witcher, and many others. Surprisingly, I totally enjoyed DA:I as well.
I guess I'm just a weirdo.

I enjoyed BG2, Torment, NWN2, DA Origins, Witcher, and many others. Surprisingly, I totally enjoyed DA:I as well.
Naw, but I think da:I being well regarded mostly comes from folks with little experience with the genre and that the game came out in a relative weak year for games

It's easier to swallow the immature and poorly developed nature of bioware's waifus/romantic interests when they're not thousand year old dragons pretending to be horny 13 year old girls

ill give you the 13 year old looking girl whos actually a dragon thats 1k years old, but still, they're not all 13 year old looking girls. I'm not a fan of the waifu stuff either(im not for it but im not against it either) buy i can't help notice the hypocrisy there, they're both poorly written and in neither one feels like an actual relationship. Bioware's is just "yo i noticed you been talking to me, can I be your waifu?"

enjoying it is one thing but let me ask you something, do you think it is:
A) GOTY contender(of last year)?
and/or
B)Best RPG of last year?

ill give you the 13 year old looking girl whos actually a dragon thats 1k years old, but still, they're not all 13 year old looking girls. I'm not a fan of the waifu stuff either(im not for it but im not against it either) buy i can't help notice the hypocrisy there, they're both poorly written and in neither one feels like an actual relationship. Bioware's is just "yo i noticed you been talking to me, can I be your waifu?"

Yeah, everyone knows that PROPER videogame courtship involves repeatedly giving a potential waifu the same gift, and correctly remembering her favourite season or cup size.

Jawmuncher

That's not the Extend version tho.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U2E28VI/?tag=neogaf0e-20
81kHiKnk7CL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, everyone knows that PROPER videogame courtship involves repeatedly giving a potential waifu the same gift, and correctly remembering her favourite season or cup size.
It's weird because I feel that one of the best relationships between characters of the opposite sex was handled by our favorite Japanese bro Kojima in mgs3 with snake and the boss. There's clearly more to their relationship than simply commander and soldier but the game never explicitly states as such. At its most spelled out, you understand that both characters at the very least have a mutual adoration for one another.

Goes without saying that Kojima never progressed much in that regard. Hell, he regressed as a motherfucker if anything.

Naw, but I think da:I being well regarded mostly comes from folks with little experience with the genre and that the game came out in a relative weak year for games

enjoying it is one thing but let me ask you something, do you think it is:
A) GOTY contender(of last year)?
and/or
B)Best RPG of last year?

A) I think so, but then again, I only play a handful of games last year. I didn't play Mordor, Alien, Evil Within, Nintendo games,etc. I didn't even played DS2 (not my cup of tea)
B) My best RPG pick was D:OS. It's indeed the best RPG but sadly not the best game last year, put it at number 2.

Spelunky is good. Getting more and more used to it. Made it even to 2-3 today!
Still sucks balls that it doesn't even have checkpoints at new worlds. Payed the Tunnel dude twice but still started from 1-1 wtf.

I played it for about two hours and dropped it.
It uses some nice music from Human Revolution's and they did somewhat manage to recreate a similar atmosphere but that's about it.
Everything else, from gameplay to voice acting, left a lot to be desired. No patches since I last played it either so doubt anything's changed.
Then there's that weapon recoil.
Ok, I trust your judgement.

Jazz573

Extend has been out in English for consoles since June, Jazz

EDIT: Nevermind you already been corrected.

I wouldn't use VNDB for relevant information unless they are just VNs personally.

I'm fixing it up right now. :p That's why I wanted to know so I could make the proper edits.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
Ghost Recon (Uplay) -- MB-AD01B6BBCAA1230E - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.
Beatbuddy -- MB-3E0629913CB40173 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Uplay) -- MB-C3C08E3B3A10057B - Taken by Anastasia. 1 entrants total.

t1443150964z1.png

mrgone

Spelunky is good. Getting more and more used to it. Made it even to 2-3 today!
Still sucks balls that it doesn't even have checkpoints at new worlds. Payed the Tunnel dude twice but still started from 1-1 wtf.

To use the shortcuts that the tunnel dude creates you have to go to the left at the starting screen and use the new entrances there. You then start at the corresponding level and continue from there when you die. It's a bit of a Faustian thing though - the game's easier to play from the very beginning, with the majority of the resources being in the first half of the game.

To use the shortcuts that the tunnel dude creates you have to go to the left at the starting screen and use the new entrances there. You then start at the corresponding level and continue from there when you die. It's a bit of a Faustian thing though - the game's easier to play from the very beginning, with the majority of the resources being in the first half of the game.
Weird. I did go to the left in the first screen afterwards but there was no shortcut.

I was so pleased when I beat Olmec the first time in Spelunky and got excited about trying to go to Hell, but holy crap that is hard. I just can't get consistently good enough at the game, still fun though.

mrgone

Weird. I did go to the left in the first screen afterwards but there was no shortcut.

Oh, right - he does want a pile of stuff to make each shortcut, which you don't (or can't?) pay all at once :( And which gets larger and more troubles for each level. I think the shortcut for the first level requires a bomb, a rope, and a sum of money which will seem pretty reasonable after a day or two more with the game :)

Volimar

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
Ghost Recon (Uplay) -- MB-AD01B6BBCAA1230E - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.
Beatbuddy -- MB-3E0629913CB40173 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Uplay) -- MB-C3C08E3B3A10057B - Taken by Anastasia. 1 entrants total.

t1443150964z1.png

I love how the future in those army games is the past now.

Oh, right - he does want a pile of stuff to make each shortcut, which you don't (or can't?) pay all at once :( And which gets larger and more troubles for each level. I think the shortcut for the first level requires a bomb, a rope, and a sum of money which will seem pretty reasonable after a day or two more with the game :)
Ohhh. Even more intricate than I thought. I met him twice, gave him once a bomb and once a rope. Guess I'll have to get better and collect some gold.... and make it back to end of 1-4 lol
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom