• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
how come Little Big Adventure isnt on Steam yet?

I even remember the creator talking about doing a remake back in 2012

pls
It was even featured in a Groupees bundle, stating that Steam keys would be handed once it gets on the store. Same with Twinsen's Odyssey.

I wish someone would port the PS1 version of LBA, as it was much better than the DOS one. Twinsen's Odyssey can stay as is. I want to replay it!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm done with that G2A thread - too many people in there defending grey market key sellers. There's even a guy arguing that G2A doesn't sell keys themselves, when a poster 4 lines above him says he supplied them with 80,000 copies of Metal Gear V he obtained from publisher's regional branch offices.

Gaming side is weird.

Battle Dress, D-Walker with minigun, always be moving. It's fairly easy that way.

EDIT: Don't forget a shield on your back to block shots to the butt.
Gatling gun. Alternatively, a machine gun is pretty great too, and he should move away from open spaces to avoid the skulls machete attacks.

Gaming Side still has its uses. I don't think I would have known about Legend of Legacy if not for a thread there. Demo is up on the eShop but you have to manually search for it to find it because Nintendo just gets digital distribution.

Ozium

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Dinosaur Hunt: Africa Contract got cards.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jaw is gonna have an orgasm when he sees this

I'm pretty sure he found out yesterday and already took full responsibility

Rainbow Six Siege Beta codes are going out - I just got mine but I'm not sure if I'll play it.

Starring:
J "enhanced" shackles
Morning "distraught" bus
fresh "rotten" Veggie

Enemy Combatants:
Soccer Fans

Guest Starring:
Sch1sm
WinterDemons

Thread Design:
Jshackles
MrOrange

Written by:
Jshackles

Creative Producers:
Hero Prinny
Dr Dogg

Created and Directed by:
Jshackles

Steam | October 2015

-----------

Yeah when you write it all out, it's pretty annoying just in general

Just need to post this on the top of every page and we'll be good

I'm stuck at the (MGSV mid game story spoiler)
crashed chopper with code talker and have no idea how I'm going to survive these skulls, any tips or tricks for the fight?

Battle Dress, Rocket & Grenade launcher, run like a mother fucker.

I'll try it out, been mostly playing stealthy so forced combat missions is real bad for me.

This game went to the same school as Deus Ex : HR. Boss fights are basically "fuck you for going stealth".

Mission 31 is the same. I had to back out and upgrade my launchers before even having a chance. The fight was pretty great though.

Chapter 2 seems like it's going to be pretty baller.

derExperte

Surprisingly little amount of activity in OT though

50% of posts is that one guy bitching about the game not having a "proper" release date yet because Steam is DEAD to him now

That was funny.

It's not released as long as it's only released on Steam.

Though I guess we must sound exactly the same when we want Steam keys for everything.

Phinor

The best Deus Ex game ever made. Or at least fourth best.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phinor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light -- MB-8872A5DE17854267 - Taken by Mixed2k. 6 entrants total.
Deus Ex - The Fall -- MB-54013C32E6A81431 - Taken by eyeless. 10 entrants total.

t1443145264z1.png

Deus Ex The Fall was buggy at launch, I saw the many videos etc.
But I think it got mostly patched. Anyone play the game recently and have some opinions on the game?

I don't see what people are taking issue with. Deus Ex: The Fall is, currently, the fourth best Deus Ex made. I need to buy it next time its on sale, if only to experience its majesty once.

Was checking for a doodle god key and noticed these handed been uncovered so they should work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Monster Loves You -- MB-50F34B0D1770D527 - Taken by Mikurden
Crimsonland -- MB-180E81D5F9EA0F5D - Taken by xGreg
Neverending Nightmares -- MB-F9B52A0227282168 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Tiny Keep -- MB-F0B0E73F1803F850 - Taken by Slf
Strata -- MB-5445BABAAE637D56 - Taken by daydream
Beatbuddy -- MB-E532C402325B774C - Taken by Cyldman
Secret of the Magic Crystals Complete -- MB-5E0E89C65A6256E7 - Taken by Mixed2k
Fotonica -- MB-72D741E1AC9D21E7 - Taken by Vlad

Dsyndrome

Reached Oxenfurt in Witcher 3, stark contrast to the bogs and rivers everywhere else up to this point. Also, I know I have no reason to, but I dislike Tamara Stringer. Probably just her stupid hair.

Think I'm 25 or 30 hours in, at this rate I'll beat the game by the time Dark Souls 3 comes out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dsyndrome, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut -- MB-0BCA0E7436E28677 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 45 entrants total.

t1443139864z1.png

I'm done with that G2A thread - too many people in there defending grey market key sellers. There's even a guy arguing that G2A doesn't sell keys themselves, when a poster 4 lines above him says he supplied them with 80,000 copies of Metal Gear V he obtained from publisher's regional branch offices.

Gaming side is weird.

gaming side thinks DA:I is not only GOTY material, but the best RPG that came out last year. That should tell you enough about them

Buraindo

Deus Ex The Fall was buggy at launch, I saw the many videos etc.
But I think it got mostly patched. Anyone play the game recently and have some opinions on the game?

I played it for about two hours and dropped it.
It uses some nice music from Human Revolution's and they did somewhat manage to recreate a similar atmosphere but that's about it.
Everything else, from gameplay to voice acting, left a lot to be desired. No patches since I last played it either so doubt anything's changed.
Then there's that weapon recoil.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The mystery stuff was a fuckup, the person who made the giveaway contacted me and I nuked it all. They will be reposting in a little bit. Don't worry, nothing for you guys to do.

gaming side thinks DA:I is not only GOTY material, but the best RPG that came out last year. That should tell you enough about them
Gaming side is full of millennials who likely enjoyed da:I as their first wrpg

Remember, your twentieth RPG might be someone else's first

Edit: goddamn autocorrect makes me sound stupider than I already am

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The mystery stuff was a fuckup, the person who made the giveaway contacted me and I nuked it all. They will be reposting in a little bit. Don't worry, nothing for you guys to do.
If I made a giveaway in another thread with NOLURKERS does it mean they have to had posted in this thread or the thread I made it in?

Momentary

Banned
People keep bringing up SFIV, but it's a different engine entirely and that game came out like 8 years ago. It seems as relevant as bringing up any other random non-UE4 game. Capcom's port efforts on PC have been a mixed bag, but right now my outlook on SFV PC is optimistic. They can't really afford to fuck up and they have a clear goal of a combined community. UE4 is also good news.

Well yes, had. 5 years ago when they did the porting themselves, now they outsource that shit and the output is mediocre to terrible plus it's UE4 for the first time - I wouldn't expect much.

Street fighter on steam sucked, took years to partially fix it
dead rising - hot mess
dmc4se - compare performance and issues with dmc4
re6 - bugged for a long time with random performance problems
re5 gold - sucked so bad they had to patch gfwl back in lol
re rev 1 (2?) - way far from perfect at launch
Street Fighter x Tekken - pure 'perfection'

Not to mention USF4 on PS4.

Are these two guys talking about the same Capcom that I know?

Sch1sm

If I made a giveaway in another thread with NOLURKERS does it mean they have to had posted in this thread or the thread I made it in?

Only makes sense it'd be the thread you made it in.

- If you do not include this rule, some other rules, like the NOLURKERS rule (which requires that claimants have 5 posts in the thread to be able to claim the game) will by default read posting statistics from the Steam thread, instead of the thread you intend to give the game away in.

Gaming side is fully of millennialist who likely enjoyed da:I as their first wrpg

Remember, your twentieth RPG might be someone else's first

I honest to god don't understand how they make fun of the waifu shit when thats like one of the main "features" in bioware games. I think its cause its a western company so they eat it up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

If you use NOLURKERS and THREAD to properly attach the giveaway to the thread, then that thread. If you use NOLURKERS and don't properly attach the giveaway to the thread, then the Steam thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom