• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandia is on sale on PSN, I wonder if it will ever be released on PC. I mean, even if I buy it, I won't play it anytime soon, so I'll probably skip it hoping for the best.
It's a psx game. You're not going to get a whole lot more out of a PC port.

I bought it a while back on psn myself so I can play it on he go with the vita.

So, do it duder.

Tizoc

So I started Ground Zeroes, got to a part where the game told me to Hold L2 to aim while i was in cover.
I should not have done that :V Alerted the entire friggin base lol.

Also what's up with all the advanced tech in 1974? If you're gonna have that shit may as well give me a soloton radar like in MGS1.

Ludens

Banned
It's a psx game. You're not going to get a whole lot more out of a PC port.

I bought it a while back on psn myself so I can play it on he go with the vita.

So, do it duder.

Man, you made me burn 17€ (I took Grandia, Symphony of the Night, Persona 3 and God Hand). And this excluding the money I spent the other day to buy Suikoden 1-3.

So I started Ground Zeroes, got to a part where the game told me to Hold L2 to aim while i was in cover.

Also what's up with all the advanced tech in 1974? If you're gonna have that shit may as well give me a soloton radar like in MGS1.

Please don't think about this. Expecially if you are going to play TPP.

What happened to GTA4?
Wasn't R* working on it, probably to remove GFWL and Securom?
The community hub is a graveyard, no one can play the game anymore it seems because it won't even start on Win 10.

Considering how bad the downgrade for GTA:SA was, I'm not sure I want them too. That said, yeah it doesn't work in Windows 10 anymore. I think most of the GTAs don't work anymore.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

GWRmuoA.jpg

fertygo

Its like everyonw forgot since Snake Eater the series is basically on cyberpunk territory

Yikes. Fire in high buildings are usually horrible death traps. Hope no one was injured.
I tried out Tunnerbear after reaching FlyVPN's daily connect limit but it wants me to register :/ Any way to use it without an account?
Sins of the Father Live! Vocal by Donna Burke
Snake Eater Donna Burke Live Studio vocal
Incredible!

Bookmarked. Great find snake!

Tizoc

Its like everyonw forgot since Snake Eater the series is basically on cyberpunk territory

Funnily enough I'm trying to remember what the mega advanced tech they used in that game.
From what I do remember, there's just the radar and the not-Metal Gear right?

Lain

So, uh - anyone have recommendations for an MMORPG?

I'm burnt out on WoW. It's been nearly a year with only a single raid added via patch content.

I was going to try Wildstar, but NCSOFT fucked up my order of the game so badly that it's put me off supporting them.

Guild Wars 2 doesn't have any real end game PVE. Also, NCSOFT.

FFXIV is fun, but the GCD is a bit slow and the areas being small to fit on the PS3 really kill the sense of an MMO to me.

TERA isn't my style. Don't like the aesthetics.

SWTOR is bad. Just bad.

:|

Wildstar beta bored me. I'm waiting for the FTP change to go through to see if anything changed, which is unlikely given the flop.
GW2 bored me after some hours of play, but it is now ftp.
FFXIV is fun but slow (or more relaxed, at least initially, I remember cursing that GCD at higher levels), as you said.
TERA might not be your style visually, but it's pretty fun gameplay wise.
SWTOR sucks. I played it for almost a year only because a friend gifted it to me and our group was playing it at the time.

Maybe you could give a look to The Secret World. I didn't like the gameplay at all, but the atmosphere is nice and people swear it has an interestign story.
Or Elder Scrolls Online, as some posters here say it's fun now.

A normal building shouldn't make that much steam.

Depends on the weather conditions on how impactful a steam leak looks. The same size leak will look like nothing at one time of the year and a fog bank another time. It all depends on how quickly the compressed hot water cools down and condenses.

Annubis

Depends on the weather conditions on how impactful a steam leak looks. The same size leak will look like nothing at one time of the year and a fog bank another time. It all depends on how quickly the compressed hot water cools down and condenses.

To have that much vapor, either something's busted or the interior is humid as hell.
Konami is either a sweat shop or literally fuelled by fan's tears.

AHA-Lambda

I've only played a couple games so far but I'm enjoying the Rainbow Six Beta much more than I expected :)

Sounds like it doesn't hurt that my team knew what it was doing though!

was there ever a comprehensive mod for reverting San Andreas back to what it was pre-fuckery and also including controller support? Since there were like 4-5 mods you had to use back i couldnt ever get them to work right.

It's the reason i might do my first serious San Andreas playthrough on the PS3 using the cheap ps2 iso i bought on psn. Even though it looks like ass and runs like shit at least it has all the tracks and controller support isnt junk

Volcynika

Tenrius

Which Dawn of War 1 xpac has the best singleplayer campaign?

Winter Assault is the only story-oriented one. It's pretty great, generally resembles the main game, but there are two paths to choose from and you take turns playing different races during both. The other two expansions are sandbox affairs with a Total War-like global map. Soulstorm came out later and has more features, so it's probably a better choice, although I heard people complaining about the new races.

From this article back in July: http://www.pcgamer.com/why-galak-zs-acrobatic-space-shootouts-will-be-best-on-pc/

He says he hopes to have it out by the end of September, but that is looking a bit unlikely, so maybe October? I remember them saying something like when the free episode DLC for PS4 would be out, the PC version would be around that time.

they also said they're looking at balancing some things out to make the game play a bit better. I can imagine that both that and the DLC would take some time for them to happen

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone happen to have one of those Wildstar keys from when it was $1 in the humble bundle? goes f2p in 4 days but Im jonesing for some kind of mmo this weekend and nothing is tickling my fancy

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Update #13: BREAKING NEWS: Chris Avellone to work on D:OS2!

You asked for him; you got him!

He’s a legend among RPG fans, with some of the most impressive credentials in the world of games writing… and now he’s agreed to help us bring the characters of D:OS2 to life!

Chris Avellone (Planescape: Torment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, Fallout: New Vegas) has agreed develop and write at least one of the playable origin stories in the game, meaning fans of his work will get to play through Divinity: Original Sin 2, Avellone-style.

Check out the video below, in which Swen and Chris seal the deal:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Kickstarter Update 13: Is that a Yes?

How did it happen?

Before we launched our Kickstarter campaign, we asked the community what sort of reward and ideas they had in mind for our campaign. You guys came up with some interesting stuff, and one of the highest-voted ideas was getting Chris Avellone on board as a writer.

4oDiYr8.jpg

With 953 votes, the "Chris Avellone" goal was one of the highest-voted in our poll.

Plenty of folks on the Larian team are fans of Chris’ work, but we hadn’t yet considered bringing him on for D:OS2. Intrigued, Swen sent him an innocent Tweet, and the two met up at PAX.

What happened there will probably remain a secret forever, but whatever it was, both gentlemen seem to be very enthusiastic about the collaboration. Here's what they had to say:

Chris: "This is the first time I think the community is responsible for bringing two developers together who might not have crossed paths... and especially for such a great project. I have a lot of respect for Larian Studios, Swen, and Divinity: Original Sin; it's one of the best game Kickstarters ever. I met Swen at PAX Prime, talked about RPGs for hours, and at the end of it, it was clear we were on the same page. Now? We're primed to do something great, and I'm proud to be part of it."

Swen: "It’s a huge honor to have one of our favorite developers on board for the game. Chris’ credentials are sterling, so of course I was very nervous about showing him what we’d been working on. When it turned out that he was enthusiastic about it, I was absolutely giddy! It’s a real honor to have one of the masters on board to help us improve our narrative and characters—I honestly can’t wait to get started."

This another great example of how a Kickstarter community can affect the development of a game in a positive way. We are all looking forward to what Chris will come up with, as much as many of you will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom