• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse and The Wheelman will be added again to Steam?

I need those games in my life
and Steam Library
!

I have a physical copy of Wheelman.

You're not missing much. Unless you like vaguely open-world games that are equal parts boring and hard as hell.

Oh damn, GAF!

It's time for another pre-Halloween giveaway!

hd-wallpaper-halloween-toronto_zps3wbyoggx.jpeg

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A HALLOWEEN GAME ABOUT A BOY AND HIS FUCKING KILLING MACHINE ORGAN-BLOB- -- MB-E81CE1C9266129CA - Taken by drakaenae
NOT A HALLOWEEN GAME -- MB-B4E640BDA286F215 - Taken by Se7enSword

What do you guys do when you don't feel particularly engaged by any game? I mean I still have a vast backlog, but it seems to be filled with titles that are a) not compelling right now, or b) currently "unplayable" for one reason or another.

Adnor

Banned
Guys I'm starting the campaign of Age of Wonders III and I have a question:

Why did nobody recommend me this game before? It's really cool so far.

Nabs

What do you guys do when you don't feel particularly engaged by any game? I mean I still have a vast backlog, but it seems to be filled with titles that are a) not compelling right now, or b) currently "unplayable" for one reason or another.

I'd find a multiplayer game like Rocket League and ignore my backlog.

Ozium

Adnor

Banned

I sit down, look at the ceiling and ask what the hell am I doing with my life.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yo I want to get South Park The Stick of Truth but I don't want the shitty no violence (?) version they are selling in my country. If I get it from Amazon US do I need a VPN to activate it or is the key a US key?

You'll need to use a VPN to activate the key but not to play the game itself.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
VPN? I thought purchase restrictions only affect steam store copies but not CD key?

Both. I've had to use Korean VPN servers to activate some of my Football Manager keys. In cases where you try to activate a key from within a blacklisted region, Steam will "cancel the purchase" but not eat the key.

Edit: I knew I had a screenshot of the error tucked away somewhere in my Abload gallery:

nogame4ugkf0h.jpg

Guys I'm starting the campaign of Age of Wonders III and I have a question:

Why did nobody recommend me this game before? It's really cool so far.

Because the real gems need to be hidden. It's a precious treasure that's best preserved, rather than displayed; a triumph in all ways.

AoW3 is the not-so-secret best fantasy 4X of all time. I

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a Oblivion version of this?

aka something that compiles everything because im a lazy cunt?

Couple of spare Total War: Arena alpha codes, in case anyone wants the +1. Found these buried in one of my email accounts.

A29MT-NJ365-XG8D9
IVQNZ-L52R3-4R3VK

Adnor

Banned
Because the real gems need to be hidden. It's a precious treasure that's best preserved, rather than displayed; a triumph in all ways.

AoW3 is the not-so-secret best fantasy 4X of all time. I

I'll need to buy the expansions ASAP, it look like they add so much extra content for the RMG, meanwhile I'll play the vanilla campaigns and scenarios.

AHA-Lambda

Is it possible to download the old Bard's Tale game from inXile yet?

My account page shows them but I can't see any download indication?
Can't tell if not available or if I'm being stupid =/

dex3108

Valve is pushing Big Picture mode and Steam Android App updates really hard last couple of days. Too bad we won't see new features anytime soon (probably after Steam Machines release).

So, uh - anyone have recommendations for an MMORPG?

I'm burnt out on WoW. It's been nearly a year with only a single raid added via patch content.

I was going to try Wildstar, but NCSOFT fucked up my order of the game so badly that it's put me off supporting them.

Guild Wars 2 doesn't have any real end game PVE. Also, NCSOFT.

FFXIV is fun, but the GCD is a bit slow and the areas being small to fit on the PS3 really kill the sense of an MMO to me.

TERA isn't my style. Don't like the aesthetics.

SWTOR is bad. Just bad.

:|

SWTOR is the only good MMO on the market. That's how dire the current MMO market is.

Now, back to Steam stuff...

English language not supported
This product does not have support for your local language. Please review the supported language list below before purchasing
How meta.
I'll need to buy the expansions ASAP, it look like they add so much extra content for the RMG, meanwhile I'll play the vanilla campaigns and scenarios.

I haven't played much of the Eternal Lords xpac yet, but Golden Realms adds a lot of good stuff. The campaign is a step above the first set, with much more varied and interesting missions. I'm really looking forward to the Eternal Lords stuff, but I've vowed to work through the campaigns chronologically.

A couple of extras

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fighting Fantasy: The Forest of Doom -- MB-6A2C1E24E2D2E75C - Taken by Vuze
Survivalist -- MB-DE412849245D8AB6 - Taken by fuzzy123

I played TOR for hundreds of hours for the sake of those dumb story missions that are, like, a max of ten hours long in story content.

I think I'm a sucker for Star Wars... Or maybe just Bioware games.
Yo. Secret World, EVE Online and World of Warships are a thing. As DC fan DC Universe Online was also speaking to me.

Is World of Warships actually good? Better than Tanks and Warplanes?

Ozium

idlemaster is broken

was idling a game for like 5 hours

says 'total idle time 2.2 hours"
check steam 'total play time 2 hours"

umm ok

So, Tales of Zelestria. I liked Symphonia and plan on buying it on Steam.

I'm also pretty sure Symphonia will unlock. Making a worthy $59 purchase?

Yes?

milena87

Just to let you all know that the best MMO is still Dark Age of Camelot.
Of course I wouldn't actually recommend it now, as there aren't a lot of people playing.

But check out Camelot Unchained once it's released. Pure Realm Vs Realm gameplay with no PVE at all.

Just to let you all know that the best MMO is still Dark Age of Camelot.
Of course I wouldn't actually recommend it now, as there aren't a lot of people playing.

But check out Camelot Unchained once it's released. Pure Realm Vs Realm gameplay with no PVE at all.
By the time those Kickstarted MMOs get to the marketplace people will have completely moved on from slow-paced, subscription-based MMOs. What was once massive is now MOBA.

Arthea

So, Tales of Zelestria. I liked Symphonia and plan on buying it on Steam.

I'm also pretty sure Symphonia will unlock. Making a worthy $59 purchase?

Yes?

If ToS will unlock, that makes the price for one game as I used to pay on release to retailers, kinda makes it worth, then again ToS is an old game, but ToZ is new.
It probably depends on how much you want Tales games on steam, because ToZ being first will influence later Bamco decisions, obviously.

there is a MMO talk without mentioning of Black Desert? What's wrong with you, people?
ya, I know it's not on steam yet, but it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom