• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some spares for the weekend, enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Kraven Manor -- MB-6226526F182F0E77 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-0E10E08E5DA65311 - Taken by Belgarion. 5 entrants total.
GunWorld -- MB-5CE71E592EF27FA5 - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.

t1443198367z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Far Cry: Blood Dragon last night. It's really good, super frenetic and with a fantastic soundtrack (synthwave with a big Hotline Miami-ish vibe). The art style is gorgeous too. Skipped most of the optional stuff, which meant I beat the story in less than 7 hours. Short and sweet, very sweet.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Cabin Accessories Coming

We are about to launch open beta of another Euro Truck Simulator 2 game update - version 1.21. This is mostly maintenance release, with hundreds upon hundreds of touch ups of the map, improvements in road and terrain collision detection, AI code optimizations and improvements, some tweaks to physics, UI, sounds, and more.

This update also paves the way for a new DLC - Cabin Accessories. It's a collection of practical as well as totally impractical things with which you can decorate the interior of your truck cabin. Showing you the video below is better than trying to describe it in words; all the accessories are physics-enabled...

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Cabin Accessories DLC Teaser

You can find the beta in the public_beta branch on Steam. (Steam client -> LIBRARY -> right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> Properties -> Betas tab -> public_beta - 1.21 public beta)

Removing the Romans always felt good.

Every single one.

I got overwhelmed in that camp every time i tried to do that.

I just took care of them at the end, made the strip my own because fuck the rest of them my agendaless era of just running the strip absent of political bullshit starts now.

Wow i sound real fascist when i think about it

Parsnip

If anyone here is interested in helping me translate Idle Master into other languages, keep an eye on http://translate.steamidlemaster.com/.

I'm still adding translation data to the application and will be updating that page with more strings as they become integrated. My initial focus was on the main window and that should now be 100% translatable. For the sake of simplicity, I'm currently only targeting languages that Steam itself supports.

I was going to check Finnish out but looks like it's kind of done already.
Needs voting (?) on one item apparently, but it looks pretty good from where I'm sitting.

I got overwhelmed in that camp every time i tried to do that.

I just took care of them at the end, made the strip my own because fuck the rest of them my agendaless era of just running the strip absent of political bullshit starts now.

Wow i sound real fascist when i think about it
It's just a matter of bringing the right tools for the job.

And here's a bonus picture completely unrelated:
Let this one sink in for a moment.

Finally, here's one that definitely proves why Obsidian are such godlike developers:

Man, New Vegas is so great. Steam screenshots are also great.

It's just a matter of bringing the right tools for the job.

And here's a bonus picture completely unrelated:

Let this one sink in for a moment.

Finally, here's one that definitely proves why Obsidian are such godlike developers:

Man, New Vegas is so great. Steam screenshots are also great.

yeah, that first screen was what i saw like 5 times and ended poorly for me.
It was okay though because i activated a bunch of bots later on that really put a dent in their numbers. I still need to finish the DLC for that game but surely i could wipe the floor with what remains of them right now.

and i should because those assholes had it coming

I was going to check Finnish out but looks like it's kind of done already.
Needs voting (?) on one item apparently, but it looks pretty good from where I'm sitting.
I've just realized I misunderstood jshackles and screwed up half of my Chinese translation, gotta redo them now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I started Idle Master before bed last night, and fired up Resident Evil 5. However, I totally forgot that I still had the launcher for Final Fantasy V open from when I played it last night. When the game closed, the launcher was minimized and I didn't realize it and went to bed. So this morning I wake up to Resident Evil 5 still idling, and +10 hours to both it and Final Fantasy V.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a complete idiot sometimes.

I regret not finishing NV, after putting over a 100 hours into Fallout 3 I was burned out on it, NV just felt too similar, too familiar.
Going through the trouble of setting up all those mods again though... And now with fallout 4 about to be released, I doubt I'll ever get around to it, next year is so packed of great releases too. Maybe when I'm retired.

I regret not finishing NV, after putting over a 100 hours into Fallout 3 I was burned out on it, NV just felt too similar, too familiar.
Going through the trouble of setting up all those mods again though... And now with fallout 4 about to be released, I doubt I'll ever get around to it, next year it so packed of great releases too. Maybe when I'm retired.

The JSawyer mod and a UI mod are all you need. The bestest FONV experience available.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Serious Sam 4 Update

We are proud to announce that Jonas and Verena Kyratzes will be writing screenplay for Serious Sam 4! As you know, we already worked with Jonas on our critically acclaimed title The Talos Principle, and now we decided to extend the scope of our relationship to our beloved Serious Sam franchise. But Jonas brought in his secret weapon in form of Verena Kyratzes, and they both started shaping the story into something really awesome (not to say “blockbuster-y”).

“I was a fan of Serious Sam before I got to work with Croteam, so I must admit I was sort of hoping I might be involved with the next one if The Talos Principle went well. But more than that, we immediately clicked with the team, were treated like family, and really wanted to keep working with them. Going to Croatia and working in the office just confirmed that.” – Jonas Kyratzes

“I didn’t really expect to be doing this. At first I was just suggesting some ideas, some bits of dialogue, but eventually I ended up writing an entire draft of the script and working full-time with the team in Croatia. It was a very pleasant surprise, because ever since Talos, we’ve been good friends with the people at Croteam.” – Verena Kyratzes

“Storyline is being shaped out at the moment, and we can only say – it will be worth the wait!” – Damjan Mravunac, CMO

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think the stunning revelation is that Serious Sam games require a script.

Is it a script in the sense that a grocery list is a script for poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom