• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/batman-complete-bundle/

Kinda wish this had Blackgate instead of (or in addition to) AA and AC.

Still have yet to find an amazing deal on Origins (a complete collection). Everyone tip toes around it but it never really happens except for I think a Nuuvem deal that may have required a VPN.

there is only one dlc worth having and it's not very good IMHO. It's a few badly designed areas and a really really bad bossfight.

Ruruja

Quite tempted to buy Ryse, but I'll wait for the autumn sale and see if it gets a 75% there, if not it'll probably be 66 then too.

FloatOn

I guess I'll play lords of shadow 2 this weekend. Hopefully it hooks me as much as the first one.

though I hear it's waaaaay worse. I'm a huge nerd for castlevania so I may end up overlooking it's shortcomings.

Maniac

Banned
Someone should really buy me like... Mad Max or Ryse.

You know you want to, because pity and empathy and shit

Would anyone be up for KF2 or something later? I'm
hella lonely and sad

I've got my entire gosh darn weekend free

what to play?

tumblr_n08nnuF08a1rd1qi0o2_500.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Poker Night 2 -- MB-CBB81B578BA377D8 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
Poker Night -- MB-F1C83386B618ADC4 - Taken by hohoXD123. 1 entrants total.

t1443203107z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
just saw a guy on the streets walk around wearing N7 pants and shirt

weiiiiiiird

I can't play Metro Last Light for long at night time. It's too suspenseful. zkylon should never play it. It has spiders.
yea it sucks, i really liked metro 2033 too, so very disappointing

Isn't Chris Avellone that guy zkylon is obsessed with?
i mean, sure, he's one of my favorites, it's a lifelong dream of mine to be carried in his arms

but he's not the only guy i'm obsessed about :>

D: OS 2 just hit $1.65 million, reached dedicated mod support. Don't know if they're going to hit the final two stretch goals, but I'm happy with those reached and Chris Avellone.
nice, how much longer is there?

i wanna throw the minimum at least since i bought divinity 1 off russian traders and i feel guilty about it

milena87

nice, how much longer is there?

i wanna throw the minimum at least since i bought divinity 1 off russian traders and i feel guilty about it

The D:OS2 Kickstarter campaign will last another 4 days.

I hope we reach the 1.850.000 goal. I kinda want to see what they'd do with that.

Tizoc

blame the MLB. They actually produced the recent RBI Baseball games yet those games haven't come to PC. Besides them, Sony makes The Show which is regarded as a terrific series but that's only ever going to be on Sony platforms.

also Ryse is $10 on steam. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmm
Maybe itll hit $5 during winter seal?
Maybe?

Khronico

Well, after 77 hrs and 70% total completion I think I'm done with MGSV. Basically did everything except 3 missions and minor miscellaneous stuff.

The gameplay was absolutely top notch 10/10 stuff and the best playing MGS game BY FAR. If Witcher 3 didn't come out this year it'd be my number 1 just on gameplay alone.

I even like the story despite it's problems. And yes, that includes the true ending.

Now it's time to get myself motivated for a Pillars of Eternity playthrough.

This is pretty close to the modern Shadow President game I've always wanted.

blame the MLB. They actually produced the recent RBI Baseball games yet those games haven't come to PC. Besides them, Sony makes The Show which is regarded as a terrific series but that's only ever going to be on Sony platforms.

also Ryse is $10 on steam. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmm

The recent RBI Baseball game is on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/329610/

I don't believe it's that good though from what I've seen. Super Mega Baseball actually was well received from the impressions I read before.

zkylon

zkylewd
The D:OS2 Kickstarter campaign will last another 4 days.

I hope we reach the 1.850.000 goal. I kinda want to see what they'd do with that.
i think it's likely if they're at 1.650k, projects generally make roughly the same money on the last day as the first i think?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Taxi -- MB-535FE8FCB10117B4 - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.
Skyflower -- MB-9BC5B7C5549DDD68 - Taken by Loptous. 6 entrants total.
Zoo Park -- MB-B1664518D2496832 - Taken by Couchaddict. 2 entrants total.
CUTE THINGS DYING VIOLENTLY -- MB-9CA1170581681095 - Taken by gurm3n. 4 entrants total.
After The End The Harvest -- MB-17B02253EE29DF71 - Taken by Ozium. 3 entrants total.
Roller Coaster Rampage -- MB-B5D8684714AF1125 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Owys -- MB-F5EDD4DB944CFAAD - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Playing History 2 Slave Trade -- MB-0F4ECA8F01075A1C - Taken by Hektor. 5 entrants total.
Post Master -- MB-6FBAB23BDFDED2A0 - Taken by Maniac. 2 entrants total.
Hektor -- MB-3035ECB6614E47E1 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Naninights -- MB-6C0C6A354CED4AAC - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Oscura Lost Light -- MB-083E26BC261633C7 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 9 entrants total.
Pilot Crusader -- MB-7385091B01D9E0B6 - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.

t1443208327z1.png

FloatOn

I'm pretty sure I'll play lords of shadow 2 and end up hating it after like 3 hours. but I have it installed so what the hell.

possible options to install and play:

ground zeroes + mgs5
alice madness returns
enslaved
shadow warrior (reboot)
alien isolation

or I could just waste my life on rocket league.

FoneBone

I was going to post this in the G2A thread but fuck it because there's already way too many apologists in that thread as it is.

The bottom line is this - publishers and developers are ultimately responsible for this, and I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that this type of stuff won't even be possible (from a technical standpoint) in a few years time. We're already seeing region locking and such happening on a massive scale on Steam compared to how things used to operate. We're even seeing big publishers catching on and starting to issue region-specific keys that require not only IP geolocation for account activation but also IP geolocation for playing said game.

The creation of worldwide keys and issuing them to multiple markets and expecting the regional offices in those markets to distribute those keys responsibly
which isn't happening
is the type of behavior that allows G2A to thrive. Changing their policies and procedures such as issuing region locked keys to their regional offices would clamp down on this sort of behavior quite a bit. The average consumer knows that if they have to activate their product while connected to a server in Russia then what they're doing is likely shady.

In my opinion, Valve started down the right path when they allowed for the online redemption of keys using OAuth on sites like Humble and Indie Gala. It's a shame that other online retailers like GMG and Amazon weren't invited to take part - not only was it pretty handy for consumers but it also offered a certain level of protection to developers against sites like G2A.

However, until publishers and developers start using the tools at their disposal I guess things like G2A will continue to thrive.
I know it's not quite the same thing, but I assume this is why Nuuvem has vastly increased the level of region-locking on their storefront over the past year or so.

Just going to start Dark Souls for the third time, hopefully this time I'll actually manage to have time to finish it! (I´m under 4 hours total right now, I kind of liked it but life got in the way those two times).

I'm going in blind, and I'll play with KB+M. I know it sucks, but I don't have any gamepads... I've already downloaded DSFix, anything else I need to know?

def sim

Just going to start Dark Souls for the third time, hopefully this time I'll actually manage to have time to finish it! (I´m under 4 hours total right now, I kind of liked it but life got in the way those two times).

I'm going in blind, and I'll play with KB+M. I know it sucks, but I don't have any gamepads... I've already downloaded DSFix, anything else I need to know?

You need to download dsmfix if you're going to play with KB+M otherwise it's practically unplayable. I did a run with this mod and it was not bad.

Arthea

so I see this game Metaverse on steam and I think to myself: "I'll be damned, somebody went and made snow crash the game!" ... it has nothing to do with Snow Crash
Why devs keep doing this to me? why?

Still hoping for a TS Humble Bundle :p

I totally can see bundlestars bundle of this sort happening, but it'll include only few dlcs as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom