• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Decided to play another short game tonight. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this. So much so that I went and did every ending aside from one (Which I watched on youtube). Don't want to spoil it but if you have played it you know the ending I am talking about. If you haven't play SP, then when you do and end up looking up to see if you missed any endings you'll understand why I didn't do it myself. Regardless though definitely enjoyed my time with the game. The commentary and humor presented was very enjoyable as well as thought provoking. Definitely glad that I listened to steamGAF. Since had I only done one ending, I would have missed out on the experience. Easily the best "walking simulator" I have played thus far. Took me about 2 hours to do all of the endings.

Jawmuncher

Anyone playing the Rainbow Six beta? Impressions?

Played on PS4. It's alright but not really all that impressive. More of a step back from vegas if you ask me. The shooting through walls and infiltration methods are cool, but not enough so that they were worth ditching a SP mode. Terrorist Hunt is pretty bad though. AI isn't very good and it's just a "looser" experience from before. Really all i can say is that unless you're really needing some MP, it's not going to be worth bothering with.
Anyone played Undertale? Just saw it has a Ultra High Meta Score from 98.

Might buy it.
Have heard nothing but good things from the few people here who have it (not me though, going to wait for it to go on sale)

Is that ending the
baby game
one?

Yep I wasn't going to
Spend 4 hours of my life doing that.

--------

Played Monster Loves You
-Got the kindness ending. The game is alright, the presentation is rather lacking though. Not enough there to really keep you involved or caring in what is actually going on. I don't think it's worth playing.

Anastasia

Played on PS4. It's alright but not really all that impressive. More of a step back from vegas if you ask me. The shooting through walls and infiltration methods are cool, but not enough so that they were worth ditching a SP mode. Terrorist Hunt is pretty bad though. AI isn't very good and it's just a "looser" experience from before. Really all i can say is that unless you're really needing some MP, it's not going to be worth bothering with.

I'm on PS4 too. I actually am enjoying Terrorist Hunt quite a bit. I think a lot of it depends on the group you're with. A good group makes all the difference. The AI definitely isn't too bright though. I've found the movement and shooting to feel kind of sluggish. Animation is janky too. Also have had various issues (game crashing, falling through the world, disappearing guns).

Despite all of that I still like it. I wouldn't pay full retail price, but I've had fun. I like tactical military pew pew stuff though so I'm easy to please in that regard lol.

Jawmuncher

I'm on PS4 too. I actually am enjoying Terrorist Hunt quite a bit. I think a lot of it depends on the group you're with. A good group makes all the difference. The AI definitely isn't too bright though. I've found the movement and shooting to feel kind of sluggish. Animation is janky too. Also have had various issues (game crashing, falling through the world, disappearing guns).

Despite all of that I still like it. I wouldn't pay full retail price, but I've had fun. I like tactical military pew pew stuff though so I'm easy to please in that regard lol.

I just want Vegas 3. Siege is just weird to me. Like a weird Counter Strike spin-off. As for terrorist hunt, the fact that they are all on MP maps takes away from them. Granted it was like that in the other games as well. But for some reason in siege the maps feel like a MP map, rather than how they were handled prior. If that makes any sense.

Deitus

Something weird just happened in MGSV. I was doing a side op where I had to rescue a prisoner, but I was knocking out the guards in the area before I rescued the prisoner. So there was a pair of guards on patrol together, and I decided to sneak up behind them to try and hold them both up at once (or at least hold up one and tranq the other).

But then, as often happens, they decide to turn around right as I was a few feet away from them, and one of the guards spots me. In reflex mode, I quickly shoot the guard that spotted me in the face with a tranq, and turn to aim at the guard who hasn't seen me yet, hoping I can hold him up before he spots me. All of the sudden Miller says "Great Work" over my radio, and both guards go flying into the air with balloons strapped to them, even though I clearly have not attached a fulton to them yet. I have no idea what happened.

Anastasia

I just want Vegas 3. Siege is just weird to me. Like a weird Counter Strike spin-off. As for terrorist hunt, the fact that they are all on MP maps takes away from them. Granted it was like that in the other games as well. But for some reason in siege the maps feel like a MP map, rather than how they were handled prior. If that makes any sense.

Yeah I feel pretty much the same way. It does feel like a spin-off. And just kind of empty. Beyond the level destruction there isn't too much there. It can be fun but it lacks personality compared to previous games.

Something weird just happened in MGSV. I was doing a side op where I had to rescue a prisoner, but I was knocking out the guards in the area before I rescued the prisoner. So there was a pair of guards on patrol together, and I decided to sneak up behind them to try and hold them both up at once (or at least hold up one and tranq the other).

But then, as often happens, they decide to turn around right as I was a few feet away from them, and one of the guards spots me. In reflex mode, I quickly shoot the guard that spotted me in the face with a tranq, and turn to aim at the guard who hasn't seen me yet, hoping I can hold him up before he spots me. All of the sudden Miller says "Great Work" over my radio, and both guards go flying into the air with balloons strapped to them, even though I clearly have not attached a fulton to them yet. I have no idea what happened.

Something amazing happened, that's what.

I wouldn't say its a really good game.. Its addicting. That's for sure.

It plays it so safe. Not taking any risk. Honestly its about as mediocre as it comes. But in this case, that's perfectly fine.
I would have liked it more if it wasn't so formulated. Every enemy camp is the same, snipe the snipers from afar, destroy fuel tanks for flamethrowers using harpoon or thunderpoon, ram gate, go in and fight people, destroy objectives, sometimes multiple objectives, and you pick up scraps along the way. And every friendly stronghold leader asked you the same thing, clear the aforementioned camps, or drive to certain locations to shoot flares. There's this one thing Avalanche nailed perfectly though, it's Max's reluctance to help everyone else. Why would he care? Everything and everyone is so generic!

Sober

Ballad of Gay Tony and to an extent TLAD are much more enjoyable than GTA4 itself. I'm actually enjoying GTA4 now in spite of its controls.

Shade

A few old extras. Should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 29 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Paranormal State -- MB-2365CB655E1B481B - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Farm For Your Life -- MB-DDBE58B478F433E6 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-CF26D7095DA288C2 - Taken by EmergentFocus. 1 entrants total.
Huntsman -- MB-F334E721AD8262B8 - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Etherlords II -- MB-5E413F1EC763683E - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-DA0540C95ABC3131 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-F7EE3C3B2F1C34D9
Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-F08F4AE376BCBD58 - Taken by Popstar. 1 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-B761222ACC1ADFC3
The Sun at Night -- MB-AF30338D302CB5AD - Taken by Undead Bokun. 2 entrants total.
Terrorhedron -- MB-5BF3828FD7469AF2 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-B7F1D3137EBD7E7E - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Oozi Earth Adventure -- MB-4B6B0EF94BB91D21 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Savant -- MB-8F50B30B678E014B - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-1BBC9643593D1117 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-83B2388F8DF048C8 - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
Beatblasters 3 -- MB-7701F0403E793F8C - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Fly'n -- MB-9B0131610C61DA45 - Taken by Anteater. 1 entrants total.

SOUL GAMBLER -- MB-7DF26F7FEEF30FBA - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Etherlords -- MB-E5E15F6EA0C4448D
Puddle -- MB-78E6CAEC5ADE0251 - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-F48F15D72A6372C0 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Cubemen -- MB-7D65A8DA1D9E9EFD - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-817C9C8048190315 - Taken by bkw. 2 entrants total.
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-507DA7BFD695863D - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-21DF94C32EDEA8B8 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-E5AF1C86AB8DDAAF - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Cubemen 2 -- MB-32CB39D9521D054D - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Ground Pounders -- MB-EBF8B1AFA26707AE - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1443331934z1.png

I beat Dishonored without killing or alerting anyone *dances*

Did kill people for fun though and then quick load out of the consequences. Need to play the dlc. Don't remember why I stopped given how much I loved the base game.

MUnited83

For you.
I beat Dishonored without killing or alerting anyone *dances*

Did kill people for fun though and then quick load out of the consequences. Need to play the dlc. Don't remember why I stopped given how much I loved the base game.

Granny rags messed up my playthrough on PC, didn't get the no kills achievement because of her :(

zkylon

zkylewd
i swear witcha 3 must be the buggiest game i've played in a long time.

thing is, all the bugs have so far been hilarious. things like triss' head catching on fire or random abusing of roach not taking fall damage or cows walking in front of cutscenes and obscuring the whole thing or just trying to get out of the bot and then being launched in the air into instadeath

i don't think i've had this much fun with bugs since i played boiling point, it's amazing, like every single time i play it i find something new

just now i had this quest to break a curse that was creating storms around the town. but like, there was no real storm... and then i finish the quest and they're all thanking me for saving them, and then suddenly a massive storm actually shows up

it's awesome

Even using the "non-lethal" method, it can still count as a kill sometimes, which is what happened to me.

there's a lot of weirdness about how the game registers kills

i've had a few people randomly count as dead in that game even tho i made sure they weren't like near water or rats or anything

oh well, much more fun as a murdering demon anyways

MUnited83

For you.
Iirc you have a way of telling living from dead bodies apart, if it happened all you had to do was reload last checkpoint before leaving the area.

Not in Granny Rag's case, you can confirm the she is inconscious before leaving the area and it can still count as a kill unfortunately :(

thing is, all the bugs have so far been hilarious. things like triss' head catching on fire or random abusing of roach not taking fall damage or cows walking in front of cutscenes and obscuring the whole thing or just trying to get out of the bot and then being launched in the air into instadeath

i don't think i've had this much fun with bugs since i played boiling point, it's amazing, like every single time i play it i find something new

just now i had this quest to break a curse that was creating storms around the town. but like, there was no real storm... and then i finish the quest and they're all thanking me for saving them, and then suddenly a massive storm actually shows up

it's awesome

there's a lot of weirdness about how the game registers kills

i've had a few people randomly count as dead in that game even tho i made sure they weren't like near water or rats or anything

oh well, much more fun as a murdering demon anyways
Yeah, and they only tell you at the end of the level if someone died, which is terrible.

Kinda soured a bit my playthrough, I love playing non-kill no alerts runs. Very satisfying especially in Very Hard.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, and they only tell you at the end of the level if someone died, which is terrible.

Kinda soured a bit my playthrough, I love playing non-kill no alerts runs. Very satisfying especially in Very Hard.

to me it was the opposite

there's nothing satisfying about a no kill run in dishonored because all the fun stuff is for killing, using springtraps and making ppl shoot themselves and just running around killing everybody

in other games, sure, but in disho no-kill run is very lame

Bit of a bummer we aren't getting Lego Dimensions, seems to be getting good reviews despite the money grabbing

And using Blink is fun enough on it's own. Dishonored is great both as a more traditional stealth game with more platforming and a crazy murder sim

Ozium

Bit of a bummer we aren't getting Lego Dimensions, seemsto be getting good reviews despite the money grabbing

Game features the world of Portal.

Not available on PCs.

Valve doesn't give a shit about PC Gamers confirmed as long as they get their sweet sweet dosh.

Half Life 3 to be console exclusive

Ryne

Using a Xbox One controller with Windows 10 is incredibly frustrating. Some games require the new Xbox One Controller driver, some games use the old one. If I want to switch between games I have to constantly switch drivers, which is stupid beyond belief.

Tizoc

just fired up Oddworld New 'n' Tasty for the first time
oh man , all the nostalgia came back to me
i remember playing the demo version on PS1 , it was creepy but was fun
too bad i didn't find that game in my city that time ( even when all the game back then was pirated version that been sold for $3 )
this game look exactly like it but with updated graphics
i wish i can use the d pad instead on the stick for moments

can't wait for the vita version

I believe you can edit that in one of the game's files. ask in the Steam community for more info.

Anteater

didn't realize corrosivefrost was banned

RIP

it's awesome

strangely outside of the bugs I got from using mods, I didn't run into many other than the ones related to animations and physics

The one bug I remember encountering is blacksmiths are sometimes not reponsive.
Using a Xbox One controller with Windows 10 is incredibly frustrating. Some games require the new Xbox One Controller driver, some games use the old one. If I want to switch between games I have to constantly switch drivers, which is stupid beyond belief.
How does one switch?

Deques

Is there any list of games with soundtracks that are available in steam?
Having almost 2000 games I have forgotten which of them have soundtracks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom