• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apotheon is cool. The weird physics based combat is a bit off putting but weirdly endearing. I would imagine this game is only a few hours long so I'll probably take the time to beat it.

It's also exactly long enough.

Right around the time that offbeat combat started losing its welcome, the game was wrapping up. Solid all around.

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Beat this today. Took me about 4 hours however I was playing on easy. That's actually important because I had more fun with this than I did The New Order, and I believe it was because of the lower difficulty I played on. Was able to play right through and not get hung up on sections like I did when I played earlier on normal. Yeah you can say get good or whatever, but the odd difficulty pacing Wolfenstein has, has been talked about before. With that out of the way, this is definitely worth a play, especially for the cheap price it'll be come sales time (Got mine for like 2.50 from GMG awhile back). About the only complaint game wise I have (since most here have played TNO, and this game plays exactly like it). Is that the zombie stuff and finale just kind of comes and goes. Really with no importance whatsoever. Really wish it had just kept the tone from the first half of the game. i said before, but this iteration of wolfenstein would/will be better without all of the occult stuff clogging it like previous games. Will be interesting to see what they do with the new game coming out.

Jawmuncher

wtf no, then it wouldn't be wolfenstein it would just be a world war 2 game

No because you still have the crazy weaponry and such through technology that this universe has mainly been pushing atm. Did you play TNO? That game had none of that stuff in it.

oipic

Mad Max may have the longest card drop intervals set that I've run into so far - a whisker under eight hours played, still one drop remaining. Would be a pain to idle, I imagine - just as well I'm enjoying it (a lot!).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Medulla in Assault Android Cactus can eat me, what a pain in the BUTT

Major progress at Spelunky. Not only did I make it to World 3 for the first time today, NO, I breezed through it wholesome on my first try!

#blessed

Died in 4-1 immediately lol

Suck it Prinny!

world 2 is much harder than 3

you're going to beat the main game within a week if you keep this up! :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you've never tried it, you should try FF5FJF, which is a charitable initiative started by RevenantKioku (our very own) where you sign up and are randomly assigned particular jobs you must play through the game using. It really shows how flexible the game is that any combination of jobs has a viable win strategy, many even for low-level playthroughs. It's done every summer: http://fourjobfiesta.com/ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=165768047

I've seen that pop up on the gaming side from time to time but never really knew what they were talking about. Sounds cool and like a fun challenge, thanks for cluing me in.

really, I found it to be mediocre at best. its like they tried to tick off all the generic open world checkboxes

Something about I just really like and have been hooked on playing it, but I still see the flaws in the game and you and others reasoning in why you found it mediocre. On paper it seems like a game I would grow bored of after a few hours.

Shadownet

Banned
I can't seem to stop playing Mad Max, it's a really good game, it has problems but damn is it addicting as hell, and really good looking too.
I wouldn't say its a really good game.. Its addicting. That's for sure.

It plays it so safe. Not taking any risk. Honestly its about as mediocre as it comes. But in this case, that's perfectly fine.

Jawmuncher

Played some more MGSV, got to a really hard spot and called it a day. At least I got my stuff back and the bandanna now. Will just keep chipping away at those side missions as time goes on. No clue what to play now though.

PARANO1A

I'm an idiot.

After getting bored of both Mad Max (~25 hrs, started the third 'zone' and tying loose ends on the second zone) and then Batman: AK (~25 hours, awful difficult tank battle against the Arkham Knight with no way to go and do something else fun in the game) I wanted to play something simple, tight and fun. I have total open world fatigue.

After playing bits and bobs for a while a thought popped into my head to grab MGS5 to see what all the fuss was about.

SMH.

I'm an idiot.

After getting bored of both Mad Max (~25 hrs, started the third 'zone' and tying loose ends on the second zone) and then Batman: AK (~25 hours, awful difficult tank battle against the Arkham Knight with no way to go and do something else fun in the game) I wanted to play something simple, tight and fun. I have total open world fatigue.

After playing bits and bobs for a while a thought popped into my head to grab MGS5 to see what all the fuss was about.

SMH.

It's the year of the open world game, they're everywhere.

Nabs

I'm an idiot.

SMH.

It's clear that you want to hurt yourself.

Lulubop

I'm an idiot.

SMH.

I've heard good things about this game called witcher 3

L.O.R.D

just fired up Oddworld New 'n' Tasty for the first time
oh man , all the nostalgia came back to me
i remember playing the demo version on PS1 , it was creepy but was fun
too bad i didn't find that game in my city that time ( even when all the game back then was pirated version that been sold for $3 )
this game look exactly like it but with updated graphics
i wish i can use the d pad instead on the stick for moments

can't wait for the vita version

The open world stuff is becoming s bit overwhelming. I enjoy the games a lot but it's hard when you are pretty much limited to Saturdays.

I agree, especially with this current influx of at least above average ones, some of which hit that mark purely from inflation due to interest in the subject matter.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys are looking for something not open world, I've personally been enjoying Gauntlet a lot lately. It's linear (although it has some side dungeons), great for co-op, and short (unless you're playing it by yourself on hard, like me. I spend most of the time getting my ass kicked).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm still waiting for the open world game that first claims to be as big as Earth.

The Earth is 500 million square kilometers.

Minecraft has a world size of 4 billion square kilometers.

Unfortunately you asked for a game, so the search continues unabated.

Wash down that open world fatigue with some Gauntlet.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gauntlet -- MB-E58701536558D1E5 - Taken by rainking187. 7 entrants total.

t1443318073z1.png

Is there a chromatic aberration glitch in Soma? Was playing at 4K last night on my tv and it was noticeable and awful but I switched to my 1440P just now and literally everything is covered in it to the point where it's a blurry mess.

I feel like I'm listening to a youtube lets player whenever the main character in Soma talks. Voice acting on his part is really goofy and bad.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I liked the GameCube one. Ah, to be young again.

I played it and they didn't upgrade much the visuals. The game is still fun but looks extremely dated. Playing it on Dolphin makes the ugly visuals worse in 1080p cause its not that much improved compared to the 64 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom