• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-9CF84337F96DC64E - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Skyflower -- MB-8B8806B3822AA976 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Zoo Park -- MB-B1DDEE6BCFAF6F74 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Before The Echo -- MB-2180C26200D77DC6 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.
Previously known as Sequence
Rats - Time is Running Out -- MB-442CF5A6B1FC0FCE - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Divide by Sheep -- MB-695CF39D15731BA4 - Taken by Eila. 5 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-9D8DFD8D3BB10A82 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Post Master -- MB-BB874D53A53A3119 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.

t1443377176z1.png

Ludens

Banned
I don't like all of you anymore.
Suikoden is not boring, none of games are boring, you soulless monsters.

Otherwise I started FFV and I really don't know if I should continue to play it too. I played the original ages ago, and while I can't remember the plot at ALL, the moment I did the air temple I started remembering something, and suddently the game felt no "new" anymore :S

Ludens

Banned
Those who played both, how does La Mulana compare to Spelunky?

TOTALLY a different kind of game.
LaMulana is all puzzle oriented, fighting are not much of a trouble if you know what you are doing.
Otherwise, without a guide the game is simply IMPOSSIBLE to be completed, since some puzzles are just impossible to figure out by your own, since they are way too convoluted.
I loved LaMulana so much, is one of my favourite game and I spent around 40 hours on it (and still I need to beat Hell Temple), but if you go blindly, prepare to be stuck unless you look for a guide.

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Another Perspective -- MB-8BBBF7C73087B84E - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-AAF794BBB2439438 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total.
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition -- MB-D3DF5F15CF137181 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-7FEB90D927C4D886 - Taken by TheAutomator. 1 entrants total.
City of Fools -- MB-1C1C2249949A8C1B - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition -- MB-1ABF5BD6ACC05B83 - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.
Cosmic DJ -- MB-194BB2B8502F00FF - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.

Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-364DD2D05EC14829 - Taken by Sajjaja. 3 entrants total.

t1443378136z1.png

tumblr_ns5u6buzTg1uc62n4o2_400.gif

Deitus

They are not really comparable. La Mulana is a game with Metroid-style exploration and really obscure puzzle solving. It's great, but it requires a lot of patience.

TOTALLY a different kind of game.
LaMulana is all puzzle oriented, fighting are not much of a trouble if you know what you are doing.
Otherwise, without a guide the game is simply IMPOSSIBLE to be completed, since some puzzles are just impossible to figure out by your own, since they are way too convoluted.
I loved LaMulana so much, is one of my favourite game and I spent around 40 hours on it (and still I need to beat Hell Temple), but if you go blindly, prepare to be stucked unless you look for a guide.

This is all true (well, I'd say the combat can be difficult at times, especially in the boss fights), but I wouldn't recommend playing with a guide full time. For the most part, it's worth it to try to figure out where to go and what to do on your own, and it feels really satisfying to make progress in the game. But you will get stuck. A lot. At a certain point, it's just better to get a hint about where to go next rather than quitting the game, or beating your head against the wall until you hate the game.

Edit: I really hope that when La Mulana 2 eventually comes out, they find a better balance of satisfyingly difficult puzzles without requiring a guide to beat the game. I am really looking forward to it though.

zkylon

zkylewd

to echo what others said, outside of the setting of indiana jones inspired archeologist exploring dungeons there's not much in common. they're both platformers but while spelunky's a more traditional platformer with really tight and fun platforming mechanics, la mulana is super stiff and slow in comparison. it's got that dark souls thing of having to be very deliberate with ur movements vs the forgiveness of being able to have lots of air control and stuff

they're also very different in that la mulana is more of a puzzle game than a platformer, and a puzzle game based on insanely obscure puzzles that you can't really get without a guide. i played around 40% of the game without a guide but from then on it was alt tab every 2 minutes to know where to go next. and i mean like you kill three enemies in one dungeon and that opens a false wall in some other dungeon with not much of a logical clue as to why or how the rooms are related (there's some explanation but it's really beyond what someone that's not gonna spend hundreds of hours figuring it out can handle). in that sense it's closer to fez than it is to spelunky. just do stuff in a room until you get the "secret discovered" sound and move on. it's a cool game, but to me the second half of the game was pretty boring, just all that looking at guides shit is not for me. i'd 100% recommend playing the first half tho, it's got a similar thing to dark souls again in that it needs to make sense in your brain and then you're on, and that it's also super satisfying when you figure shit out or beat a difficult boss

spelunky on the other hand is a more straightforward platformer with roguelike stuff in it. it's super fun and addictive and insanely skill based and has a really incredible sense of progression as you figure out the details of its mechanics, how all the enemies and traps and items work and you'll find yourself day by day moving a little bit forward. it's awesome, i didn't play it as much as i wish cos it doesn't do cloud saves and i had to start over like three times, but it's a great game too

two awesome games, la mulana is a bit more rough and crazy, but you can't go wrong with either of them

Knurek

Grisaia is visible on SteamSpy: Owners: 8,224 ± 2,186
Planetarian as well: Owners: 17,970 ± 3,231

Kind of... disappointing?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-813940D7AA7FBB8D - Taken by Anteater

Anteater

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-813940D7AA7FBB8D - Taken by Anteater

i'm in the mood for this

i hope it's gta5 or something

edit: bah already owned

quote for a free game, I swear it's gta5

Arthea

Anybody here finished Hero of the Kingdom 2? If you did, that gourmand who asks for crab stew and gobbles it in numbers ever stops? I haven't counted but I fed him lots of it and he still asks for more!

Otherwise I started FFV and I really don't know if I should continue to play it too. I played the original ages ago, and while I can't remember the plot at ALL, the moment I did the air temple I started remembering something, and suddently the game felt no "new" anymore :S

If you are playing FF5 for a story, you definitely doing it wrong, you play FF5 for that nice class system and it never gets old.

definitely...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anybody here finished Hero of the Kingdom 2? If you did, that gourmand who asks for crab stew and gobbles it in numbers ever stops? I haven't counted but I fed him lots of it and he still asks for more!

There is no end to this man's appetite. Exploit him!

Eila

Considering the output Sekai Project is having I think it's enough, specially if they buy the fan-translation.

Momentary

Banned
So Zestiria is 38 bucks on GMG, but I'm pretty sure the pre-order bonuses on STEAM are only available if you purchase through them directly or am I wrong?

Edit:

*Rewards will be backfilled once we reach the next level.
**Tier rewards may not be granted immediately after reaching the goal.
***Tales of Symphonia will be added to your Steam library automatically once available on Steam.
****Only purchases of Tales of Zestiria on Steam count towards the Pre-Purchase Rewards.

There are going to be some upset people who didn't research. But hell, it's 12 bucks cheaper and costumes don't amount to jack shit and I'm sure Tales of symphonia will be discounted on GMG at release as well. At most you'll probably end up only paying 4 or 5 bucks more buying the games separately on GMG.

Tizoc

Don't need these, first come first serve <3
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Another Perspective -- MB-CA9074961FF14658 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Spoiler Alert -- MB-EA3E4C0DB36136F1 - Taken by gaiadyne
10 Second Ninja -- MB-7D5244AF452878EE - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Death Ray Manta -- MB-9E3EA248EB2A72CD - Taken by derExperte
Savant -- MB-B36F92A70249D15C - Taken by shockdude
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-23AEF4FF86A1FEDD - Taken by Purkake4
Detective Case and Clown Bot -- MB-15191C36E07C452D - Taken by ramoisdead

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam Idle Master 1.3 has been released. This version should automatically update for those that already have 1.2 installed within the next 24 hours.

Here is a list of changes made in this release:
  • Added a statistic page (Help -> Statistics) that will keep track of the total time spent idling as well as the total number of card drops you&#8217;ve received to date with Idle Master.
  • Added support for localization. You can force the interface into a particular language in the program&#8217;s settings. You can help with the translation at translate.steamidlemaster.com.
  • Fixed a bug that could potentially show &#8220;Signed on as&#8230;&#8221; without the user actually being authenticated with Steam.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Idle Master to not detect all games from users with more than 4 badge pages.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the user to be completely logged out if Steam&#8217;s servers were unavailable while Idle Master updated its information. The application will retry every 10 seconds for a total of 3 minutes before being logged off.
  • Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause games with available card drops that you have crafted a badge for to be counted incorrectly and potentially not idled.
A "portable" version is also available for download from http://www.steamidlemaster.com. If you are currently running the portable version of Idle Master, simply download the new portable version and extract the files over the top of your existing ones to update.

You can also force the update by re-running the setup program from the website.

If you encounter any issues, please use the Idle Master discussion board and I'll do my best to help. Happy Idling!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So Zestiria is 38 bucks on GMG, but I'm pretty sure the pre-order bonuses on STEAM are only available if you purchase through them directly or am I wrong?

Edit:

There are going to be some upset people who didn't research. But hell, it's 12 bucks cheaper and costumes don't amount to jack shit and I'm sure Tales of symphonia will be discounted on GMG at release as well. At most you'll probably end up only paying 4 or 5 bucks more buying the games separately on GMG.
Well this is a buy for me.

looked again and it's £39.99, that's more than it is on steam.

Momentary

Banned
Zestiria jumped up 5% to its goal in the last 2 days.

Just saw a Star Ocean V trailer. The way they word it makes me think they they will develop it on another platform (STEAM) when it comes to the west

Arthea

Zestiria jumped up 5% to its goal in the last 2 days.

Just saw a Star Ocean V trailer. The way they word it makes me think they they will develop it on another platform (STEAM) when it comes to the west

don't do this to me, please don't

In good news, Paint it Back will be $7.99 and may have a launch discount.
In bad news, it won't release for at least two weeks. :\

good news indeed

There is no end to this man's appetite. Exploit him!

that appetite, scary stuff

Jeez, more news you hear about Silent Hills more sad the whole thing becomes. I hope that Kojima & Del Toro would reboot Silent Hills under their own studio or something.

Ludens

Banned
About FFV, so Faris and Lenna are
Lightning and Serah. Lol, they are pretty much the SAME characters, they act very similar, they also have pink hair. So SE recycled Lighting from Faris :D

Tizoc

About FFV, so Faris and Lenna are
Lightning and Serah. Lol, they are pretty much the SAME characters, they act very similar, they also have pink hair. So SE recycled Lighting from Faris :D

Errr nah I don't see it.
Light was stated by S-E to be based on Cloud.
Besides Faris is a far better character than Light has ever been.

jshackles

I just completed/updated the Finnish translation, so I'm curious, does the program update them on launch like it updates itself, or do you need to compile a new version for the updates to show up?

I'll have to compile a new version and release it. However there has been a lot of interest in the translation today since it was released, I might have to release update 1.3.1 with just additional translations.

Parsnip

I'll have to compile a new version and release it. However there has been a lot of interest in the translation today since it was released, I might have to release update 1.3.1 with just additional translations.
Cool cool.

And just in case you didn't see the edit to my post, I'll move the edit here. :p

Couple strings that are missing at the moment.
"# minutes idled" and "# cards idled" from statistics.
About window strings like "About Idle Master" and I suppose "Idle Master by".
And a small bug with the string "Idling complete", where the translation only shows the first word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom