• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Despite it being EA the first mirrors edge was a highlight of the last generation for me.

I really hope they don't screw up the second one. I can generally overlook filler content so long as the base game is good (far cry 3 for example)

EA were still good in 2008.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if mirrorsedge is basically a ubi game, most of these devs these days have been making open world games with absolutely no idea how to make one. Its like they make it open world for marketing

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You want to see broken feet?

Because that's how you get broken feet.

649.gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is there a way to refund gifted games? Friend gave me Gauntlet, but it sucks and runs like shit on my Surface.

Yup, just go through the same steps for the refund process as you would for a game you purchased. Instead of being able to directly refund your friend's purchase, you're given an option to mark the game as refundable. Then your friend does the refund process for their recent purchases and chooses your copy of Gauntlet.

Unicorn

Yup, just go through the same steps for the refund process as you would for a game you purchased. Instead of being able to directly refund your friend's purchase, you're given an option to mark the game as refundable. Then your friend does the refund process for their recent purchases and chooses your copy of Gauntlet.

can they get the gift copy back to give to someone else?

Played a bit more Type0 HD this weekends. Is there a good leveling spot? From what I can see those field-events should actually be done on a second playthrough, since the levels are too high...

Ozium

I was going to play LiS once, but then people in this thread started posting pics and spoiling shit so I just decided not to play it.

before I would hear talk of the game and I would nod

now... I dontnod

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There is no end to this man's appetite. Exploit him!

I got jealous that people were talking about Hero of the Kingdom II and I hadn't played it yet so I sat down and 5.5 hours later I haven't moved and I've 100% completed the game. I planned to get things done today, damnit.

I was going to play LiS once, but then people in this thread started posting pics and spoiling shit so I just decided not to play it.

before I would hear talk of the game and I would nod

now... I dontnod

So you use text-to-speech for this thread?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I spent 140 dollars(with gcu) on Lego Dimensions today. YOLO
Hopefully it gets ported to the PC eventually.

Got the base, Scooby Doo dual pack, Wizard of Oz witch and the Portal 2 level pack. I just like the minifigs.

You got me Warner Brothers, you got me ;-;

I'm like, totally done buying games now forever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got jealous that people were talking about Hero of the Kingdom II and I hadn't played it yet so I sat down and 5.5 hours later I haven't moved and I've 100% completed the game. I planned to get things done today, damnit.

That game is great though

Not dedicated physics-only units no. They are done. The new versions of PhysX don't support them and they are too slow for modern games.

However, people do use NVIDIA GPUs as dedicated PhysX units and they can get nice results. But not with a PCI Express x1 slot.

EDIT: You might be able to run a 600 series on a 2.0 x1 express slot. Like ass.

Damn. My 2.0 Express slot is already taken up by my 7850.

I need to upgrade.

r3n4ud

I spent 140 dollars(with gcu) on Lego Dimensions today. YOLO
Hopefully it gets ported to the PC eventually.

Got the base, Scooby Doo dual pack, Wizard of Oz witch and the Portal 2 level pack. I just like the minifigs.

You got me Warner Brothers, you got me ;-;

I'm like, totally done buying games now forever.
I hear man. I caught the lego bug today as well. Ah well, game is damn good fun though!

Grief.exe

Kerbal has got its hooks in me already.

I've been tinkering around with the systems and have just about gotten my first ship into orbit, next stop the moon!

Lowest price it has ever been over at wingamestore.

Momentary

Banned
don't do this to me, please don't

What did they say?

Well, they word it as only on PS4 and PS3 "in Japan." The game doesn't have a world release announcement yet. No point in announcing other platforms outside of those 2 for a Japanese only game at the moment. Seeing as how almost every major console RPG from Square Enix has made it to PC so far, why wouldn't this one?

But that's probably just me grasping at straws, but it looks pretty obvious to me. Sort of how the FF7 Remake was worded on PS4. "Play it first on PS4"

Maybe there is a chance that Symphonia will get unlocked

It'll be unlocked without a problem. It'll pick steam in the last week.

Maniac

Banned
Not dedicated physics-only units no. They are done. The new versions of PhysX don't support them and they are too slow for modern games.

However, people do use NVIDIA GPUs as dedicated PhysX units and they can get nice results. But not with a PCI Express x1 slot.

EDIT: You might be able to run a 600 series on a 2.0 x1 express slot. Like ass.

Consider me mistaken then.

Or something.

I've not played the first. Heck, I don't even have it - - Is it any good? I loved the second game, and it's all Shackles' fault.
That game is great though

It really is. I read your recommendation / review, realised I had it and 100% it in two short evenings.

Great game.

Dsyndrome

Starting X-COM again, don't even remember what I was doing last time I played in March. Nobody's died except for the first three folks, but I'm early as all get out in the game. How many people assigned names to their people? I haven't yet, debating putting Gaffers and other folks, maybe Tom "Teflon" Brady or Francis Underwood.

Momentary

Banned
As much as I want Samurai Warriors IV-II, I can guarantee you it will be a piece of shit port just like One Piece. Blows my mind at how many people stand up for their bullshit. It's like being the only guy in a restaurant that notices they are serving turds in every dish and watching everyone munching away with a shit eating grin on their face.

Sch1sm

The game gets real.

It was real enough when I saved
Kate from JUMPING OFF THE FUCKING BUILDING.

Sounds like you had hella ride.

It was something like this:

You still have so much to see!

Ugh, the next few weeks are gonna be a painful wait. ;-;

Shh. Shh. Cheese. I'm trying, okay. I had to take a break, though. Between nearly failing to get
Chloe out from the train tracks
and
Kate trying to commit suicide
and the entire
Nathan Prescott, king drugger of campus,
I had to sit down after episode 2, haha. I'll probably be caught up by the time 5 shows up.

........Why do you have this saved for linking at any time?

As much as I want Samurai Warriors IV-II, I can guarantee you it will be a piece of shit port just like One Piece. Blows my mind at how many people stand up for their bullshit. It's like being the only guy in a restaurant that notices they are serving turds in every dish and watching everyone munching away with a shit eating grin on their face.

K-T plainly sucks when it comes to their PC ports. 1 month later, modders fixed OP: Pirate Warriors and Bandai Namcos response is still "they are looking into it"...

Momentary

Banned
K-T plainly sucks when it comes to their PC ports. 1 month later, modders fixed OP: Pirate Warriors and Bandai Namcos response is still "they are looking into it"...

I think that most of the graphics options still don't work unless their's something I don't know about. Also have they fixed the wonky controller issues and 59 FPS lock? Only mod I know of is the distance mod.

I think that most of the graphics options still don't work unless their's something I don't know about. Also have they fixed the wonky controller issues and 59 FPS lock? Only mod I know of is the distance mod.

Yeah. Most still dont work, but afaik the draw distance has been fixed and some other small things.

Also the button prompts are keyboard-prompts again. Thought after DoA5 they changed it, but sadly not. So even if you use a 360-controller, it shows "press space to do that", "press ctrl to do this".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom