• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nscme47wBB1sowwnoo1_500.gif

(ಠ益ಠ )

Shade

A few old bundle extra's. Should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THE MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD -- MB-26B018A01759DDE6 - Taken by Annubis. 2 entrants total.
THE CAMPAIGN SERIES FALL WEISS -- MB-F1065753CCF8879C - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Jet Gunner -- MB-929C6CC14F7614E0 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Gentlemen! -- MB-97F11A7E3A9860B4 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
face noir -- MB-16D8279D1B4E9C34 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Ludwig -- MB-F5C427B025C0A643 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
STEEL & STEAM EPISODE 1 -- MB-E15813214519BDDE
Betrayer -- MB-212EF58D18DD41B3 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Vitrum -- MB-F1AF657817E2A4B2 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
3 STARS OF DESTINY -- MB-2E84F6A1B3C4F30C - Taken by 73V3N. 1 entrants total.
bad hotel -- MB-0DF252876ED9B52D - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Hostile Waters -- MB-5D8618A4FAEDD86E - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Vector -- MB-3D2008FB318B6B99 - Taken by Pakkidis. 2 entrants total.
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-AFCF02F6882F3BDA - Taken by Mikurden. 3 entrants total.
ionball 2 -- MB-940D42E3A7513F99 - Taken by Garandorf. 2 entrants total.
LILI CHILD OF GEOS -- MB-BFE5372E434C53C2 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.
White Noise Online -- MB-3A2680A399AB1848 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-3AC92D47107A4EF0 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-216A71E6D91F1EA6 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-97D5F92154B83DD2 - Taken by Garandorf. 1 entrants total.
power-up -- MB-E2D0AF60ECF71A21 - Taken by Garandorf. 2 entrants total.
BALLPOINT UNIVERSE INFINITE -- MB-87BC9E7792AE5B2E - Taken by Garandorf. 1 entrants total.
Real World Racing -- MB-A44002BC0947D1D2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-F1BC29D6B54B7EFB - Taken by chronomac. 3 entrants total.

t1443407417z1.png

Still in progress of tweaking the many settings and mods but I like how things are going in GTAIV:Episodes. The visual improvements are really nice on the eyes. Default was an ugly mess.

you must have a monster pc don't you?
I should get one of Warren's shirts for halloween.
tumblr_nspd50clAH1qmonv7o1_500.png

haven't even played the game yet (own it tho) and i already don't like this guy if thats an actual shirt he wears ingame. what a bitch

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
It's Not Sonic 2
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cargo 3 -- MB-3D1DDF4AE77B9496 - Taken by Darth Kupi
TRIP:Steam Edition -- MB-75FF691F972BB2FC - Taken by Knurek
Advent -- MB-01871E63B94239BB - Taken by dot

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I was going to say something, but considering how people treated MGSV spoilers.
You have every right to complain.

MGSV was fresh. Episode 4 has been out for month and half. Kinda different tbh.

EDIT: People should still spoiler tag stuff.

Jawmuncher

Everyone has different definitions of spoilers is what i'm getting at. Plus not like everyone can afford to play games asap. Though obviously there is a line or else we wouldn't be able to post anything.

Also nothing was spoiled with MGSV. Nothing has been spoiled in here about LiS so far (that I can see) that isn't in spoiler tags.

Ozium really wanted to see girls dancing for himself.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
nah the only difference is it's okay for some people to spoil certain games but not ok for others

People should use spoiler tags on their shit. Simple like that. There is some stuff that isnt spoilers and some is spoilers that shouldnt be brought up.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Nothing really has been spoiled, or are you changing the definition of spoiler to include any in-game screens or gifs?

Without context, none of those are spoilers. And we've had pages wholly about MGSV, never felt spoiled.

Sch1sm

There's the question of whether some of those gifs are even spoilers, though, without any real context and the fact the events in later episodes are directly influenced by your own choices. I spoiler stuff, but what's most of the last two pages really giving away about the episodes? Pretty much nothing.

I was going to say something, but considering how people treated MGSV spoilers.
You have every right to complain.

yea man people were throwing titty attacks over mgs5 spoilers, to the point where you had to spoiler tag how to get customization, like wtf? now that its LiS its cool beans

zkylon

zkylewd
Mechanical spoilers are the biggest crime. But no one really cares or thinks about those once they've played the game.
i mean, it's a weird topic cos there are few games in which have "spoilable mechanics" out side of secrets and stuff like that

i'm having trouble thinking of many, the ones i can think of are like the void and starseed pilgrim and maybe braid

also i'm guessing the remarks are because of my comment on victoria, but this is a choose 'em up, people are gonna (presumably) live or die by your decisions, that's just the basics of how the game works, so i don't think it's an actual spoiler to say ppl might die in my playthrough.

Coreda

EDIT: People should still spoiler tag stuff.

Someone posted a spoiler for MGSV here recently within spoiler tags but from the context surrounding it made it seem fairly obvious what it was even without clicking it. Sucks really, unless it wasn't what I think it is.

Jawmuncher

also i'm guessing the remarks are because of my comment on victoria, but this is a choose 'em up, people are gonna (presumably) live or die by your decisions, that's just the basics of how the game works, so i don't think it's an actual spoiler to say ppl might die in my playthrough.

Not really spoiler but we don't know how Dontnod is going to handle things at the end.
They could pull a tell tale on us like they did in walking dead S1. Though that would be a shame with all of the branching thus far. But its still a possibility.
Though I suppose that doesn't really apply to what you are even saying.

Yeah, Walking Dead just fell apart in the last episode. The hobo character had his rant about all the horrible things I had done and how I had stolen food when.....I hadn't and my character's only response was"no I didn't"

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
yea man people were throwing titty attacks over mgs5 spoilers, to the point where you had to spoiler tag how to get customization, like wtf? now that its LiS its cool beans

Well, I wouldn't say we had to. A vast majority of the spoilered MGSV discussion were posts by rtcn63 who was being overly cautious. Several people in the thread even told them they didn't need to spoiler tag every post, but they did anyway. It didn't seem to be caused by requests from other users, just trying to make absolutely sure nobody could be spoiled if they didn't want to.

And now we've got the opposite situation, where posting about LiS is devolving into a conversation about if what's being posted is a spoiler or not. It's not that it's okay to post things if it's LiS or not, it's that spoilers haven't been all that big of a deal here until the great white-out pages of MGSV discussion. I think we can easily agree to respect wishes of other posters for sensitive information relating to games, but I don't think gifs of background characters dancing in their skivvies counts as a spoiler.

Yeah, Walking Dead just fell apart in the last episode. The hobo character had his rant about all the horrible things I had done and how I had stolen food when.....I hadn't and my character's only response was"no I didn't"

Easily the worst part. They wrote themselves into a corner and wanted to book-end everything, but his motivations for certain playstyles just dissolves under any logical analysis.

word, telltale are really bad at these choices things and i wonder if the casual consumer is also aware of it. "HURRY UP AND PICK, SAVE ONE AND THE OTHER WILL DIE!!" then later on in the ep or the next the one you saved dies anyway. well, ok that was a waste of my time.

Ozium

I took the picture myself.

This. Talking about a character's personality is spoiler now?

I mentioned that I thought the 2nd half of MGSV sucked and was berated for "spoiling" the game. opinions of quality are spoilers now?

but people can post gifs and talk about scenarios in LiS

okay

I mentioned that I thought the 2nd half of MGSV sucked and was berated for "spoiling" the game.

but people can post gifs and talk about scenarios in LiS

okay
It's okay for you to say MGSV chapter 2 sucks, it's also ok for people to talk about LiS without spoiling anything.

Save your sass for someone else.

Regarding TellTale's games, they actually do show some awareness to their weaknesses as storytellers in Tales From the Borderlands. They take your expectations and manage them in ways you won't expect. Honestly, their adventure game formula works so well there, enough that I'd expect it even holds true for repeat plays (unlike the other narrative adventures they've made).

The worst way to spoiler tag is spoilering tagging
one
key word. It's like hiding nothing at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not really spoiler but we don't know how Dontnod is going to handle things at the end.
They could pull a tell tale on us like they did in walking dead S1. Though that would be a shame with all of the branching thus far. But its still a possibility.
i mean, i dunno, i think having a billion endings or having a crazy degree of control on how the story develops is maybe not something that we want to achieve so much

like, a big part of why games like lis or twd work is that they're very directed games, it's not a huge open world with side missions and crap, it's just this one story, told from this camera angle in this order.

now the whole point of these games is how you turn that story into one that relates to you personally. lis is always gonna be like a coming of age story about this and that and twd will always be about redemption and whatever.

it's not gonna be a completly different story for everyone and that's probably for the best. so these games should be engaged with full knowledge that most of what you do won't really "matter". it won't change the story, determine who lives and dies, no one "will actually remember that", it's just dressing. but dressing is really important, it's what gives your own story its shape and color and makes it your own. maybe your max doesn't clean up her room and mine does, and that says a little bit about max and about how you see max. games like kentucky route zero make the whole game about this stuff

i think that's ok, imo the walking dead had other issues than the narrow path you eventually were led into, i think the game had a serious case of the mass effect "the stakes are so high that it's impossible to relate to anything" syndrome, even tho in the quieter moments it actually really did work. i was a lot less upset about the lack of branching that i was how desensitizingly ruthless it was with killing its characters. you couldn't relate to anyone cos 20 minutes later they'd be dead. and they could've played off that, but i don't think they did.

lis works a lot better cos the stakes are lower, it's mostly exaggerated highschool drama, so it's easier to be like "so this is what i'd do" and they also use the rewind mechanic really well to allow you to see the two sides of every story. it's just more believable that you can make up with ppl that were just being bitchy vs you let someone's brother turn into a zombie or whatever. and the janky writing kind of works cos teenagers are dumb

anyways, ranted a lot about something unrelated to your post, just been thinking about these games a lot lately, been meaning to do another playthrough of twd but witcher not leaving me much free time

carry on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom