• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to this guide some are blocked (Spoiler) http://steamcommunity.com/app/28770...t=creationorder&requiredtags[]=-1#scrollTop=0

maybe you don't need to do all of the repeats, but you need to do some, so they do block the rest of the story

Even if that's true I don't see that much of a problem.
It's not like the mission design is super unique anyway and 90% of them have no connection to the story, so repeating a handful of older ones really doesn't seem like a big deal.

Ludens

Banned
To unlock mission 46 you just need to listen all yellow tapes and continue on playing until you are forced to go on MP. You can do side-ops or redux missions, I'm confident mission 46 unlocks when you reached a certain %.

This is exactly what I mean when I say that part of the game is total garbage. No one actually knows how to unlock the mission 100% correctly. I didn't listen to all the yellow tapes and was able to unlock the last 2 missions. Kojima pls.

I don't think this is true either because I believe you can unlock it by just repeated the same missions over and over again. Although I haven't tested that so I could just be making it up.

As I wrote, you probably need to reach a specific %. I think yellow tapes increase the amount of % too, so this is why probably the mission unlockes after you heard all of them and by doing some side-ops.

I don't think this is true either because I believe you can unlock it by just repeated the same missions over and over again. Although I haven't tested that so I could just be making it up. I've just also seen people mention that.

I think this is simply not true. I played each mission several times because I only proceeded with the game while I S ranked each current mission, I unlocked 46 after clearing out all redux missions and by doing some side-ops. The mission was in the list after that.
EDIT: A note. I confused mission 43 forcing you to go back to MB with mission 46, you actually need to start it by the menu. Anyway the result is the same, I think the mission won't unlock by replaying each mission several times because the game saves nothing except the rank and people/item/bonus objectives you get in the game.
The only case in which replaying a mission increases your % is when you clear out bonus objectives, so people claiming the mission unlocked when playing the same mission again and again probably cleared out some objectives and increased their %.

i didn't do a single extreme mission to get to the end of the game. You need to do all the yellow things in the menu (Main Missions, Side Ops, Tapes) and if the final 2 story missions do not unlock (45, 46) then try returning to mother base to trigger a cutscene or two OR playing a quick side op and then returning to MB to trigger a cutscene.

I only did the Subsistence missions because i actually enjoyed those but otherwise i didn't play any other of the Chapter 2 repeats

This is exactly what I mean when I say that part of the game is total garbage. No one actually knows how to unlock the mission 100% correctly. I didn't listen to all the yellow tapes and was able to unlock the last 2 missions. Kojima pls.

To unlock mission 46 you just need to listen all yellow tapes and continue on playing until you are forced to go on MP. You can do side-ops or redux missions, I'm confident mission 46 unlocks when you reached a certain %.

I don't think this is true either because I believe you can unlock it by just repeated the same missions over and over again. Although I haven't tested that so I could just be making it up. I've just also seen people mention that.

tuxfool

Banned

TBH at that point I didn't really care. The chapter 2 main ops are mostly BS, All the side ops were variants of the same type in the same locations. It doesn't really matter if you're repeating main ops or doing side ops.

late game MGSV Spoilers
I believe that the last missions do not trigger unless you've heard all of the tapes where Huey is being interrogated. That sets up the cutscene where they hold a mock trial for him upon you returning to mother base. The game will not continue unless you see that cutscene which will not be triggered if you dont listen to that tape. So listen to the tape, return to MB, if the cutscene doesn't happen then play a side ops and try returning to MB then,

I believe you get the necessary tape after episode 43 so playing it after then should start the ball rolling for the endgame missions to unlock

Those of you who have pre-ordered the controller and/or Link for the October release, check your mails. Shipping confirmations are going out. Ships Oct. 16.

Quiet ain't no waifu, she is just junk bait for adolescents.

zqtty6s.jpg

This guy.

i don't like how oddworld control , its not very responsive
and that made me kill my self dozen and dozens of time

it was worse on the PS4 where the game had an unlocked framerate and would occasionally start chugging right when you were trying to make a tricky jump. I would've gladly taken a 30 fps lock on that version just to spare me the headaches.

GKB

So, several days ago i bought this weapon skin for CSGO on the market for a friend. Completed the transaction and received the receipt. However, i can't find it in my inventory, it's as if i've never bought it. Do note that i don't have the game. Is this the reason?

Fortunately it was very cheap, i'm still curious though, as to what happened.

So, several days ago i bought this weapon skin for CSGO on the market for a friend. Completed the transaction and received the receipt. However, i can't find it in my inventory, it's as if i've never bought it. Do note that i don't have the game. Is this the reason?

Fortunately it was very cheap, i'm still curious though, as to what happened.

Did you go the CS:GO tab?

Locust

For some reason, i only have steam tab and portal 2 tab.
You could try getting someone to trade you a CSGO item.

The inventory should be there even if you dont have the game, I have alts without CSGO and I've been able to use them as case storage.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nandeyanen!? - The 1st Sutra -- MB-CC80617032C0918E - Taken by Loptous

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Idlemaster should be on Steam Greenlight. And it should have achievements when it comes on Steam proper.

That's a great idea...

And then cripple idling speed since it would be launched from Steam, right?

... oh yeah, right. :(

Only if jshackles promises Trading Cards.

I'd have trading cards and put it in the weeklong deals section every week and charge $0.19 (97% off!)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My wife had the idea yesterday that I should make "Idle Master Simulator" - where you can simulate running Idle Master. It'd be an "idle" game (like Clicker Heroes) where every time you click 60 seconds pass - then you can buy upgrades to idle your games faster. Then you sell the trading cards (or eventually buy upgrades that automate that part, etc) and use the profit there to buy more games to idle.

At first I thought she was crazy but it actually doesn't sound too bad lol

Only if jshackles promises Trading Cards.

"that could create an idle paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy."

My wife had the idea yesterday that I should make "Idle Master Simulator" - where you can simulate running Idle Master. It'd be an "idle" game (like Clicker Heroes) where every time you click 60 seconds pass - then you can buy upgrades to idle your games faster. Then you sell the trading cards (or eventually buy upgrades that automate that part, etc) and use the profit there to buy more games to idle.

At first I thought she was crazy but it actually doesn't sound too bad lol

I'd play it. But it should be called Idle Master Clicker to really fuck with peoples minds.

Eila

so , you want Yakuza games come to steam ?

15lWoBB.gif

dream on

There's a lot of games Sega should put on steam.
The Xbox exclusives are just forgotten, stuff like JSRF and Panzer Dragoon. The Dreamcast games like Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia. More recent stuff that never had a PC port like Bayonetta and Vanquish. They're taking way too long in releasing the next port.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dishonored looks fine to me, but the artstyle is offputting. It's like a worse version of Bioshock Infinite.

i think the artstyle is fantastic, as is bio infinite's

so you cray

I consider the situation a test of competence in regards to business and organization, and they've failed the test hard. That just doesnt give me much hope that the rest of the project.
i don't stand to gain anything from getting upset about it so i don't. as long as they're bad at business but they're not bad at actual gamemaking it's fine by me

There's a lot of games Sega should put on steam.
The Xbox exclusives are just forgotten, stuff like JSRF and Panzer Dragoon. The Dreamcast games like Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia. More recent stuff that never had a PC port like Bayonetta and Vanquish. They're taking way too long in releasing the next port.

Lets not forgot about arcade ports like Space Harrier and Zaxxon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom