• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

titch

My wife had the idea yesterday that I should make "Idle Master Simulator" - where you can simulate running Idle Master. It'd be an "idle" game (like Clicker Heroes) where every time you click 60 seconds pass - then you can buy upgrades to idle your games faster. Then you sell the trading cards (or eventually buy upgrades that automate that part, etc) and use the profit there to buy more games to idle.

At first I thought she was crazy but it actually doesn't sound too bad lol

Is this up for greenlight yet - if so why not?

Well?????

:)

There is actually a pretty large scope with this..

I'm thinking about buying Rust. Does anyone know if there's anywhere to get the game cheaper than the £15 it costs on Steam? I haven't been able to find it on any trustable sites i know of.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this up for greenlight yet - if so why not?

Well?????

:)

There is actually a pretty large scope with this..

Actually if I had the $100 for the Greenlight fee, I'd make a page

People reporting it are from Europe. When did you pre-order it? Before the October release cut off?

Yeah I think they're just shipping the international orders that they know are going to take a couple of weeks to arrive. I live so close that if they shipped mine today I'd probably have it tomorrow.

Phawx

People reporting it are from Europe. When did you pre-order it? Before the October release cut off?

I got my shipping notification weeks ago.

Actually if I had the $100 for the Greenlight fee, I'd make a page

Yeah I think they're just shipping the international orders that they know are going to take a couple of weeks to arrive. I live so close that if they shipped mine today I'd probably have it tomorrow.

Let me know where I can donate money to get Idlemaster on Steam greenlight. Just give me a key when it launches :p

Chariot

ouWZkBW.png

yvGhawy.png

Ymye4hk.png

I have no idea what this means!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Let me know where I can donate money to get Idlemaster on Steam greenlight. Just give me a key when it launches :p

Oh crap, I basically just made a kickstarter pitch, didn't I? Welp, there goes my morning.

What is the best graphics card upgrade for me if I am looking to spruce up my computer for fallout 4? Currently I have a 5850. Lets say $350 max. Or say I was building a new computer with a $1000 budget.

Phawx

Oh crap, I basically just made a kickstarter pitch, didn't I? Welp, there goes my morning.

Seriously, if you need some spare cash, idlemaster has saved me a bunch of time, I can throw a few dollars your way.

I can get you 1/20th of the way there.

Think of it. We could have idlemaster leaderboards. idlemaster badges. idlemaster trading cards. idlemaster oven mitts. idlemaster sleep wear.

Eila

What is the best graphics card upgrade for me if I am looking to spruce up my computer for fallout 4? Currently I have a 5850. Lets say $350 max. Or say I was building a new computer with a $1000 budget.

GTX 970 still a beast. If you're going cheaper then probably one of the AMD cards. I have no idea which as their names got weird a while back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC can be your publisher XD

Haha, well, that is what I'll be doing with Cheesecake's game (putting it on Greenlight using my account, adding him as a contributor, and then finally as an admin/dev once it's greenlit).

Arthea

Hatsune Miku invalidates your argument as that will bring about the apocalypse and that is bad for business.

too late for that, apocalypse already happened and we are living in the post apocalyptic world, don't hide under the blanket, accept the truth!

I'm kinda not sure I would play
with
Miku, while I'm sure I would play Yakuza. Sega, pls

I have no idea what this means!

well, if you don't know, it's better for you this way

apparently Vesperia PS3, that never was localized, it's better than Vesperia Xbox360. Isn't that common knowledge or something?

and about EU, c'mon you know what that means surely

jshackles

Seriously, if you need some spare cash, idlemaster has saved me a bunch of time, I can throw a few dollars your way.

I can get you 1/20th of the way there.

Think of it. We could have idlemaster leaderboards. idlemaster badges. idlemaster trading cards. idlemaster oven mitts. idlemaster sleep wear.

Also workshop support where users can add their own games (actual or otherwise) and their cards, since due to obvious licensing issues I won't be able to put real games in my game.

I'm kinda liking this idea more and more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There, issue solved. :D

Well, I can only do it once and Cheesecake has dibs. I mean, I presume I can't have two different games from two different people who have two different bank accounts -- but even if it is possible to direct payments on a per-game basis, I can't exactly go around releasing the games of those who can't afford the Greenlight fee since I'm not an actual publisher. In the case of SteamGAF Academy, it'll essentially be "our" game but with payments going to Cheesecake's bank account.

Maniac

Banned
Well, I can only do it once and Cheesecake has dibs. I mean, I presume I can't have two different games from two different people who have two different bank accounts -- but even if it is possible to direct payments on a per-game basis, I can't exactly go around releasing the games of those who can't afford the Greenlight fee since I'm not an actual publisher.

The dream is dead bois. Lets pack it up.

Anteater

anyone know what the mad max patch do

edit: found the changelog from the OT

General Updates for All Platforms:
Added optional “Vehicle roll” setting for more realistic in-air car physics.
General performance improvements.
Improved data streaming, enabling content to load faster and easier.
Improved auto-aim target prioritization.
Fixed various audio issues.
Made various GUI fixes and improvements.
Fixed several instances of the map not loading correctly.
Made various mission flow fixes and improvements. This includes retroactively resolving a conditional mission flow blocker that was happening to some players trying to install the Baby Bars during the Wasteland Classic mission after the mission flow had been interrupted.
General bug fixes.
Win64 Specific Updates:
Fixed instances of graphics options resetting to default upon the game loading for some users.
Fixed an issue which caused the Harpoon to not work correctly on triple monitor setups, and with larger aspect ratios.
Fixed several keyboard entry issues with the WBPlay Menu screen.
Made several Mouse & Keyboard Control improvements and fixes.

jshackles

Well, I can only do it once and Cheesecake has dibs. I mean, I presume I can't have two different games from two different people who have two different bank accounts -- but even if it is possible to direct payments on a per-game basis, I can't exactly go around releasing the games of those who can't afford the Greenlight fee since I'm not an actual publisher.

Don't let your dreams be dreams Jase. Time to step up and become an actual publisher!

Seriously though, I can take care of the greenlight stuff

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
anyone know what the mad max patch do

Welcome Wastelanders!

Patch 3 for Mad Max rolls in a number of improvements, including the “Vehicle Roll” option, which lets you enable more realistic in-air physics. (And, to create more incredible moments in Capture Mode!) In addition to this, there’s a number of general fixes, for both graphics and audio, along with a number of specific updates for 64-bit Windows users. Enjoy all the nitty gritty in the full patch notes, below.

General Updates for All Platforms:

Added optional “Vehicle roll” setting for more realistic in-air car physics.
General performance improvements.
Improved data streaming, enabling content to load faster and easier.
Improved auto-aim target prioritization.
Fixed various audio issues.
Made various GUI fixes and improvements.
Fixed several instances of the map not loading correctly.
Made various mission flow fixes and improvements. This includes retroactively resolving a conditional mission flow blocker that was happening to some players trying to install the Baby Bars during the Wasteland Classic mission after the mission flow had been interrupted.
General bug fixes.

Win64 Specific Updates:

Fixed instances of graphics options resetting to default upon the game loading for some users.
Fixed an issue which caused the Harpoon to not work correctly on triple monitor setups, and with larger aspect ratios.
Fixed several keyboard entry issues with the WBPlay Menu screen.
Made several Mouse & Keyboard Control improvements and fixes.

Arthea

Sure but, I think it's time to let go.

letting go never got us anything, while not letting go got us a lot of games we wouldn't have gotten otherwise, I don't even like ToV that much, I still think that those who want should get the version they want and you wouldn't mind getting it on steam either, no?

letting go never got us anything, while not letting go got us a lot of games we wouldn't have gotten otherwise, I don't even like ToV that much, I still think that those who want should get the version they want and you wouldn't mind getting it on steam either, no?

Well I don't care for ToV and kinda dulled myself on the Tales series in general in recent years but, sure the PS3 version localized on Steam would be neat for those who want it I guess. I don't think that series of tweets was inferring that though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom