• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

So if you buy The Witcher 3 Heart Of Stone separate (which is on sale now 15% off) isn't that cheaper to buy them separate instead of the expansion pass? Or is there a chance the next expansion will be more expansive because it will be bigger.

Trying to decide what to do, I'm gonna get both at launch anyway so just want cheapest option.

This has probably been posted but I sort of want this even though I have every game.

A8527916_mvi1.jpg

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A8527916

Jawmuncher

So if you buy The Witcher 3 Heart Of Stone separate (which is on sale now 15% off) isn't that cheaper to buy them separate instead of the expansion pass? Or is there a chance the next expansion will be more expansive because it will be bigger.

Trying to decide what to do, I'm gonna get both at launch anyway so just want cheapest option.

Pretty sure CDPR know their season pass price. So the next expansion will more than likely be something bigger. Thus why the price differences. The real thing to do, would be to wait for both to come out if you want to play it safe.

Pretty sure CDPR know their season pass price. So the next expansion will more than likely be something bigger. Thus why the price differences. The real thing to do, would be to wait for both to come out if you want to play it safe.
Entire new location + longer quests, so yeah.

Deques

Actual good bundle at Indie Gala?

• Pixel Puzzles 2: Anime - a jigsaw puzzle game among shmup games? Why?
  • Shan Gui - a VN game among shmup games? Why?
  • Super Galaxy Squadron - shmup
  • Don'Yoku - shmup
  • Riddled Corpses - not shmup but it's fun too!
  • Diadra Empty - shmup
  • Nandeyanen!? - The 1st Sutra - shmup

Both Super Galaxy Squadron, Don'Youku and Riddled Corpses look more than okay.

Obligatory animeisforjerks.gif

Four shmup games in a bundle? Nice!

Yep, astonishing really. It's one of the prime examples PC-port being an absolute afterthought. Technically the game feels like it's gonna fall apart any moment lol.

The fact they haven't gone back and released GTA IV and its episodes from its Game For Windows Ghetto shows it's even less than an afterthought currently.

The fact they haven't gone back and released GTA IV and its episodes from its Game For Windows Ghetto shows it's even less than an afterthought currently.
I swear I had to use several hacks that got rid of GFWL and SecuRom and SocialClub to get the game even starting.

This is one of the biggest games of all time not a small title either. Rockstar's support is a joke.

I thought I had a ton of mission left in MGS5, then I started Chapter 2 and saw all these "EXTREME" shit, which is basically replaying with different conditions.

....This bothers me and I don't know why.

I thought I had a ton of mission left in MGS5, then I started Chapter 2 and saw all these "EXTREME" shit, which is basically replaying with different conditions.

Enjoy your rehashed missions~

Admittedly, the subsistence ones are quite refreshing and offer a great challenge though. Really, if there wouldn't have been cut content, I don't think we'd have seen this EXTREME, TOTAL STEALTH and SUBSISTENCE nonsense.

Probably bothers you because it’s total garbage. I was super disappointed to discover that. I don’t know why they couldn’t just have a difficulty selector on each mission in the game. It’s all just filler.

Enjoy your rehashed missions~

Admittedly, the subsistence ones are quite refreshing and offer a great challenge though. Really, if there wouldn't have been cut content, I don't think we'd have seen this EXTREME, TOTAL STEALTH and SUBSISTENCE nonsense.

I guess I'm fine with them being there, but they throw them in your face in the mission list. Now I have another section with a little bubble telling me how many I have left that I'll ignore. The menus in this game leave a lot to be desired.....

Probably bothers you because it’s total garbage. I was super disappointed to discover that. I don’t know why they couldn’t just have a difficulty selector on each mission in the game. It’s all just filler.

Yes yes yes. Added challenge is fine, and I'm sure there are going to be people that want the challenge...but now the mission list is fucked

32 - new
33 - EXTREME rehash
34 - SUBSISTENCE rehash
35 - EXTREME
36 - new
37 - TOTAL STEALTH rehash

As if having episodes/chapters wasn't dumb enough, now I have episodes in the story that don't increment as they should.

I guess I'm fine with them being there, but they throw them in your face in the mission list. Now I have another section with a little bubble telling me how many I have left that I'll ignore. The menus in this game leave a lot to be desired.....

Mmhmm.

It's now either do those or side ops until the next story mission unlocks, or clear the important side ops to unlock the story missions.

And I agree, menu could have been much better.

tuxfool

Banned
I skipped all of them so far, just doing the new yellow dot ones and side ops, and the game seems to be progressing just fine. Does that stop at some point?

No. But in my case my only recourse instead was to do (repeat) some shitty side ops in order to pop some missions.

:p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

QP Shooting - Dangerous!! -- MB-7983CE8D8CAFF1AF - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Nandeyanen!? - The 1st Sutra -- MB-B62180564D5EAEAB - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1443447320z1.png

Quiet emoticon(uncommon) is even more expensive than Man on Fire(rare), that waifu power!

Such a lust for... etc.

I just hit this point, too. I've finally unlocked the
Wormhole
Fulton but it's going to take like 2 and a half hours game time to develop.

The one Extreme mission I played
(the one where you back up the guerillas by blowing up tanks for a while)
wasn't really all that extreme at all. The Subsistence mission I played was actually a lot of fun, since I really had to scramble for what I needed. I've also played the game exclusively in the Sneaking Suit, so I had to get used to slowing down while coming up behind people again.

But yeah, total bummer when I did those to unlock a few more rehashes. The disjointed episodic nature has been a bummer in its own right. It made sense with Peace Walker, since it's a handheld game and those cater (and should cater) to small blasts of game time. Unless the ending is that the whole thing was a hallucinated MacGyver episode, I'm also turned off by the whole "Starring: Skullface" and ending credits for each episode.

But god damn if that gameplay isn't incredibly satisfying.

according to this guide some are blocked (Spoiler) http://steamcommunity.com/app/28770...t=creationorder&requiredtags[]=-1#scrollTop=0

maybe you don't need to do all of the repeats, but you need to do some, so they do block the rest of the story

That guide is wrong. I didn't finish every mission but I got the true ending. You just have to finish a certain amount of main/side missions and fill some other criteria to unlock the last missions. You don't have to finish every mission.

you can't skip them

i didn't do a single extreme mission to get to the end of the game. You need to do all the yellow things in the menu (Main Missions, Side Ops, Tapes) and if the final 2 story missions do not unlock (45, 46) then try returning to mother base to trigger a cutscene or two OR playing a quick side op and then returning to MB to trigger a cutscene.

I only did the Subsistence missions because i actually enjoyed those but otherwise i didn't play any other of the Chapter 2 repeats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom