• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

RRVyvQk.jpg

Deitus

letting go never got us anything, while not letting go got us a lot of games we wouldn't have gotten otherwise, I don't even like ToV that much, I still think that those who want should get the version they want and you wouldn't mind getting it on steam either, no?

I'd love it if Vesperia would come to PC, especially with the PS3 additions. But the reality is, they are never going to get Troy Baker back to record the extra dialogue from the PS3 version, and neither will they release a Japanese language version in the US either.

I suppose it's possible (very, very, remotely possible) that they do a port of the PS3 version, but leave all of the PS3 exclusive content (including an entire character) unvoiced. It's not entirely unprecedented, as they've done unvoiced skits (when the Japanese versions were voiced), and Legendia had the majority of the back half of the game unvoiced. Still, I don't think most people would be happy with that outcome.

I think people would be better served begging for things that actually have a chance of happening.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd chime in 10$ for the Greenlight fee

I'm kinda sad now I missed out on that Gamemaker Studio Humble Weekly - seems like the way to go for a game like this one. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Me too

$10 cdn so like, $2 US :p

Okay so even though I'm going to get an "I told you so" from the wife, I think this game is going to have to happen.

Arthea

I'd love it if Vesperia would come to PC, especially with the PS3 additions. But the reality is, they are never going to get Troy Baker back to record the extra dialogue from the PS3 version, and neither will they release a Japanese language version in the US either.

I suppose it's possible (very, very, remotely possible) that they do a port of the PS3 version, but leave all of the PS3 exclusive content (including an entire character) unvoiced. It's not entirely unprecedented, as they've done unvoiced skits (when the Japanese versions were voiced), and Legendia had the majority of the back half of the game unvoiced. Still, I don't think most people would be happy with that outcome.

I think people would be better served begging for things that actually have a chance of happening.

There is this thing about impossible things, for example we were told for more than 10 years that rereleasing Suikoden games (many of those are rare and some became rare soon after release) is not possible, for 8 years we were told that releasing Suikoden on PSN is also impossible, and boom, 8 years later we got both Suikoden and Suikoden 2 on PSN, and after 13 years EU finally got Suikoden 3 too. Why? We never let it go, we begged, demanded, whined and cried and that makes impossible possible, obviously.

Leafy working for BamcoUK.

I laughed

Grief.exe

I'm not aware of the situation, but they can always get another voice actor to replace Baker. One that likely costs significantly less.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not aware of the situation, but they can always get another voice actor to replace Baker. One that likely costs significantly less.

Dialogue doesn't need to be re-recorded for a re-release.

Edit: Never mind, I can't read.

Momentary

Banned
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! will be released tomorrow for all you fighting game fans. Dot Emu is NOT working on this and it's a ASW title coming directly from their team.

Anteater

vesperia was the only tales game I finished

game was cool

it was more interesting than suikoden 3

suikoden 3 was boring

why do you need servers to play mad max? does it use some other kind of drm or is it steam acting up?

I think it has DRM, but it's the first time it's actually messing up on my end (after the patch)

JaseC

why do you need servers to play mad max? does it use some other kind of drm or is it steam acting up?

It uses Denuvo, but it shouldn't be complaining about a lack of an internet connection after the initial run as Denuvo does have an offline mode.

Deitus

There is this thing about impossible things, for example we were told for more than 10 years that rereleasing Suikoden games (many of those are rare and some became rare soon after release) is not possible, for 8 years we were told that releasing Suikoden on PSN is also impossible, and boom, 8 years later we got both Suikoden and Suikoden 2 on PSN, and after 13 years EU finally got Suikoden 3 too. Why? We never let it go, we begged, demanded, whined and cried and that makes impossible possible, obviously.

I mean sure, you're right. But there are a ton of other Tales games that could be ported to PC and be sold on Steam as well. Which is to say every Tales game, seeing as how none of them are on Steam yet, and in a month we will have only two games.

It seems to make more sense to me to ask for ports of the rest of the series, rather than disproportionately focus on the one game least likely to be ported. I'm not saying people shouldn't ask for it, but the tweet posted is a perfect example of what happens. Bamco says "hey, we want to bring more games to the west," and Tales fans immediately go "yo, when are we getting Vesperia PS3?" It's just not productive.

It's not unheard of, but I think people would be even less happy about replacing the voice of the most popular character in the game (and probably the most popular in the series in the west).

Plus rerecording all of the dialogue of the main character in an 80 hour RPG is probably not cost effective for a port.

Dialogue doesn't need to be re-recorded for a re-release.

No, but the PS3 version specifically had a large chunk of content that was added, and that version has never been voiced in English, so there would be a lot of scenes without English voice acting.

Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! will be released tomorrow for all you fighting game fans. Dot Emu is NOT working on this and it's a ASW title coming directly from their team.

It's a direct port like GGXXAC+R was but, they leave the same netcode. So outside across the sea I probably won't be able to play too well.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Giants: Citizen Kabuto successor First Wonder hits Kickstarter

---

Former RDR lead MP designer says there was never any intention to bring RDR to PC

I don't think was ever an intention to have a PC version of Red Dead Redemption . I was honestly very shocked when they did a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. Obviously in development, we were all PC based and had it running for win32 clients for the entire development. But as far as licensing for the console and stuff, it was always going to be a xbox 360 and ps3 title. To the best of my recollection, we never even seriously talked about optimising for PC.

hope i can get it from nuuvem , guilty gear and blazblue are there so maybe theres a chance :D

Arthea

vesperia was the only tales game I finished

game was cool

it was more interesting than suikoden 3

suikoden 3 was boring

no, unless hell frozen and valve miraculously acquired superb customer service.

and after we went all that trouble to get it, look how people appreciate that. We can kiss other Suikoden games good bye, with attitude like that!
It's not boring! It's just old, but when you get over that it's a very interesting game for trinity system alone, not to mention it has two! amazing protagonists.

JaseC

No, but the PS3 version specifically had a large chunk of content that was added, and that version has never been voiced in English, so there would be a lot of scenes without English voice acting.

Ah, right. I misread your post, haha.

Nzyme32

Anteater

Only if they make a game worth playing out of it first. This was the beginning of Dave Perry's descent into crap games

they can make a game worth playing with a spiritual successor! I love the concept of that game.

no, unless hell frozen and valve miraculously acquired superb customer service.

and after we went all that trouble to get it, look how people appreciate that. We can kiss other Suikoden games good bye, with attitude like that!
It's not boring! It's just old, but when you get over that it's a very interesting game for trinity system alone, not to mention it has two! amazing protagonists.

haha I really should give that game another try, I still have it

it honestly bothers me that people still bring up RDR on pc. I already said it in the gaming side, how many times must they repeat themselves that it simply will not happen? Maybe if the game got a HD remaster they'll take out some time to bring that version to PC but the version that exist today will not be released on PC, ever. They've said this time and time again, clearly they don't feel its worth the trouble to port it, just let it go already.

Eila

Looks ehh, I was going to say they should bring that Dengeki Bunko fighter but it's Sega.
SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Looks ehh, I was going to say they should bring that Dengeki Bunko fighter but it's Sega.
SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Arcana Heart is a much more fleshed out fighting game than Dengeki Bunko is. Dengeki is pretty bland in terms of the actual fighting game mechanics, in my opinion. It plays like a wannabe Blazblue mostly.

Sega is not the problem with why that game may or may not come out on Steam but all the licensing from the various series owned by Dengeki. That said Sega publishing the game does probably have a part to do with it to.

jshackles

So the new thread will be going up Thursday, and I still haven't got too many recommendations for next month. Here's what I've got so far:
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut - PARANO1A
  • Tales of Zestiria - jshackles
  • The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone - milena87
  • Final Fantasy V - jshackles
So if anyone is interested in recommending a game that's coming out on Steam in October (or came out in September and isn't featured in this month's OP) send me a PM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom