• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

7b737a129c21011a993db1c6fa19c2cb.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The jumps seem too weak, the camera is super jerky, it seems too fast to control well, the grinding seem too sticky--like you get pulled towards lips by a magnet or something, the areas they've shown look boring as hell, it's ugly, and for some reason none of the footage has music which I think really takes away from the immersion.

Chariot

The jumps seem too weak, the camera is super jerky, it seems too fast to control well, the grinding seem too sticky--like you get pulled towards lips by a magnet or something, the areas they've shown look boring as hell, it's ugly, and for some reason none of the footage has music which I think really takes away from the immersion.
The uploader removed the music because his first upload was hit because of it. So the lack of music is not the games fault at least.

louiedog

Think that someone hacked your your account and stole $4 dollars for you and you basically got the best experience Watch Doges can give

I know Chicago very well and my girlfriend is out of town for work tonight. I'll be pretty happy just to mess around and see what they did with that virtual version of the city for a couple of hours for $4.

Post about it on gaming side and Kojima defense force will show up and tell you why it's so transcendent.

if you strip out the, uh, stripping part (which you cant but just go along with me here) it's actually kind of an endearing scene between those two characters.

it's just that kojima had to make her literally strip down because kojima

Damn. How come? I still haven't played it since I don't play too many Open World games. I am watching ChipCheezum's LP of it currently as he uploads them. Game seems okay just jank in places and the plot. I don't think it's downright offensive from what I seen though.

I dont want to get into it but just put some time into it one day and if you'll see

youll see

I don't mind this new "slam" mechanic, iirc that's the same thing that was in OlliOlli, and it can be fun. I mind everything else. And it certainly doesn't help that the person who plays has no idea what to do. THAW, with its share of problems, look like masterpiece compared to this.

No it sucks here and it sucked in OlliOlli.

Random factoids: I have actively skateboarded for 20 years very soon (if not already). And played THPS for like ~15 of them, albeit only through like 1999-2005 actively, Underground 2 was the last one I owned.

ArjanN

No it sucks here and it sucked in OlliOlli.

Random factoids: I have actively skateboarded for 20 years very soon (if not already). And played THPS for like ~15 of them, albeit only through like 1999-2005 actively, Underground 2 was the last one I owned.

The mechanic makes sense in OlliOlli because it's 2D and a lot more cartoony. It's looks kinda weird and off in 3D.

Arthea

I missed watchdoggies for $4! that's not fair

The Royal Trap is at -40%, they only needed to go bellow 10€ and I'm not sure I would have been able to resist, but now I can, and so playing waiting game continues.
I haven't played Amnesia yet, so it helps too

tmarg

The Edge Top 100 games of all time thread is amazing. Not because the list is bad (because it's full of actual good games, therefore the list is good), it's full of terrible people offended their favourite games aren't on it.

Those lists are specifically designed to piss people off. If people are offended by it, I guess it means they fell for it, but I don't necessarily think they are terrible.

I also don't think it's a particularly good list, you can tell they were trying to fill quotas for different genres, recent games vs classics, etc., which leads to decisions like declaring Arkham Knight to be the best Arkham game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When will it have to be in?
Don't really have any time to do it before 5pm CEST tomorrow so might be too late.

As long as I have it by Wednesday night (PST) I can include it.

Arthea

just flush a dollar down the toilet every 5 hours or so and you'll have the WD experience without wasting your bandwidth or HDD space in the process.

on paper, WD sounds like the game I wanted to be made, I have to try it and see if it really is that bad.

edited: and I promised to $5 it too

Lain

Those lists are specifically designed to piss people off. If people are offended by it, I guess it means they fell for it, but I don't necessarily think they are terrible.

I also don't think it's a particularly good list, you can tell they were trying to fill quotas for different genres, recent games vs classics, etc., which leads to decisions like declaring Arkham Knight to be the best Arkham game.

I'd wait to read why they picked it before being so certain of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom