• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Hoping someone might be able to help shed some light on this. I can't start up Final Fantasy VII or VIII on Steam.

Both do the same thing, basically this:

Tried deleting and re-downloading, deleting the settings folders in My Documents, running as administrator, ect.

Nothing I do lets me get past the launcher, as the launcher doesn't show anything for me to do. I've tried googling the problem to no avail.

maybe you need to register?

Eila

Hoping someone might be able to help shed some light on this. I can't start up Final Fantasy VII or VIII on Steam.

Tried deleting and re-downloading, deleting the settings folders in My Documents, running as administrator, ect.

Nothing I do lets me get past the launcher, as the launcher doesn't show anything for me to do. I've tried googling the problem to no avail.

Have you signed up yet?
The game has always online DRM, but I don't remember what it appears the first time you play. It never bothers you after registering once. Maybe the website is just not loading for you.

Kyougar

did you try to hop through invisible buttons with the tab key? That was the issue with FF Type 0. but i dont remember what the solution was.

Lain

Just putting this out there, but did you link your steam account to the SE account?

pahamrick

maybe you need to register?

Have you signed up yet?
The game has always online DRM, but I don't remember what it appears the first time you play. It never bothers you after registering once. Maybe the website is just not loading for you.

did you try to hop through invisible buttons with the tab key? That was the issue with FF Type 0. but i dont remember what the solution was.

Just putting this out there, but did you link your steam account to the SE account?

Registered, I've played them before without issue but that was prior to when I installed Windows 10, but I haven't seen any complaints of the game not working on Windows 10. Can't access any buttons with the Tab key, it acts like it's going to load then stops dead and refuses to do anything else.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
yrsNRpO.jpg

Kaiju Panic

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Project Spark Transitions into Free Incubation Engine Next Week

On October 5, Project Spark will transition from its microtransaction model to a free and open creation engine. This will automatically unlock previously paid downloadable content for new and existing Project Spark users. Microsoft will pivot from producing DLC and active feature development to encouraging more user generated content and opening the Project Spark experience.

“Project Spark’s goal has always been to empower creativity. We’ve been an incubation engine for ideas from epic to artistic and we plan to continue doing so,” said Rahul Sandil, Head of Project Spark Acquisition/Engagement. “Project Spark inspires and empowers over 200,000 creators who have shared tens of millions of custom objects, behaviors and experiences. Every day we see anywhere between 300 and 400 new games being uploaded on our platform. Our support of these creators and our communications with them will continue in an open, free and collaborative environment.”

In light of these changes to a fully free model, all players who have purchased Project Spark digital content on or after July 28, 2015, purchased and activated retail discs on or after July 28, 2015 or have a remainder balance of purchased in-game tokens will be entitled to Microsoft Store credit equivalent to their money spent. Microsoft Store credits will be awarded to all users within 30-60 days after October 5.

Salsa

is watch doge cheap or something

I just finished watching mr robot so I have like a fake fleeting interest on it right to the point to splurge and regret it

g2a, the best video game store everrrrrr!!!

i was gonna buy from g2a but then you guys said i could get my account banned and was like nah. I don't mind getting a key revoked since the games are so cheap but losing access to all my games for a cheap key? NAHHHHHHH I'm good.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
G2A is the most legit because all stores believe it or not are run as for profit ventures and they are the most for profit.

Like, do you people need a calculator or something because that's just math.

you had to be there for OOT. Design-wise, yeah, its menus and limited controls haven't aged as well as the rest of the package. But at a time where companies were struggling to figure out how to develop in 3d let alone make good games in 3D Nintendo released not only a competent Zelda 3D game but an incredible top to bottom experience.

They did a good job porting it over to salsa's favorite platform, the 3DS, too. They fixed a few design issues, gave it a graphical face lift, and then bumped the framerate from 20 to 30.

But yeah if you were there when it came out it was kinda extraordinary. There's a reason people refer to future Zelda's as too close to OOT or not enough like OOT: the game set the bar incredibly high for the 3D zeldas that had to follow it
I replayed it earlier this year and it's still magical to me as it felt like I was playing a wonderful fairy tale.

HoMM7 releases tomorrow? Huh... had no idea.

Ubisoft, stop destroying everything that's good in the world.
G2A is the most legit because all stores believe it or not are run as for profit ventures and they are the most for profit.

Like, do you people need a calculator or something because that's just math.
I'd trust G2A more if they were a Benefit Corporation.

Sajjaja

i was gonna buy from g2a but then you guys said i could get my account banned and was like nah. I don't mind getting a key revoked since the games are so cheap but losing access to all my accounts for a cheap key? NAHHHHHHH I'm good.

I don't think your account could get banned for a CD key. If anything it would just remove the game from your account if I'm not mistaken, perhaps someone could fill in? Besides, it's Uplay. I don't think they even know how anything works lol.

I replayed it earlier this year and it's still magical to me as it felt like I was playing a wonderful fairy tale.

I'll give it that, the game holds up very well, played it again a year or 2 ago on a n64 emulator and it was great. I want to get Majoras Mask for the 3DS cause i never gave that game a fair chance, I saw the timer as a kid and was 'wtf, no thanks' and gave it back to my friend.

I don't think your account could get banned for a CD key. If anything it would just remove the game from your account if I'm not mistaken, perhaps someone could fill in? Besides, it's Uplay. I don't think they even know how anything works lol.

I'm not talking about Watch Dogs or Uplay, that game could go eat a dick for all I care, I meant G2A in general, don't want to lose my steam account. someone said that if the key was purchased with a stolen credit card you could lose access to your account. I don't know if he was just exaggerating or not but I figured it wasn't worth the trouble.

Sajjaja

I'm not talking about Watch Dogs or Uplay, that game could go eat a dick for all I care, I meant G2A in general, don't want to lose my steam account. someone said that if the key was purchased with a stolen credit card you could lose access to your account. I don't know if he was just exaggerating or not but I figured it wasn't worth the trouble.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't risk it with my Steam account. Some random shit on Uplay or an MMO, sure w/e, but not my precious Steam account.

Ozium

i was gonna buy from g2a but then you guys said i could get my account banned and was like nah. I don't mind getting a key revoked since the games are so cheap but losing access to all my games for a cheap key? NAHHHHHHH I'm good.

lol you won't get account banned

Jawmuncher

grief is gonna be so mad.

----

There's actually a lot more mods on MGS:TPP than I would have though. Though most are just model swaps atm.

it looks alright as far as mobile games go, that dude playing is trashy
xjPi6Th.gif

Welcome to the club. Now buy Danganronpa 1+2.

god i hate that stupid gif so damn much.

besides that stupid gif i agree with the danganronpa comment tho, solid game. Also get Soul Sacrifice, its really fun, I found it to be more entertaining than freedom wars (another hunting game)

Zafir

Sigh. Sword Coast Legends is super cheap on Nuuvem, but again, it's got the stupid paypal check so I can't buy it. They seem to be expanding the games they're putting it on. :I

They not ever gonna beat first week giveaway didn't they :(
What was the first giveaway?
I'll give it that, the game holds up very well, played it again a year or 2 ago on a n64 emulator and it was great. I want to get Majoras Mask for the 3DS cause i never gave that game a fair chance, I saw the timer as a kid and was 'wtf, no thanks' and gave it back to my friend.
I was sceptical about the time limit at first but it doesn't hinder you that much when you're playing it. Until Skyward Sword, it was my favourite of all the 3D Zelda games. OOT is a wonderful fairy tale but Majora's Mask had a much more interesting world. When I played The Witcher 1 for the first time earlier this year, it reminded me of MM which is a good thing as I really enjoyed TW1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom