• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3RANG3D

I was using 360 security but it was really heavy handed, I used Avira before it but it would bog down my pc.

My PC is trash so YMMMV.

shockdude

Panda Free Antivirus is underrated. Really high detection scores, low resource usage, realtime scanning, zero annoyance.
Anyone have any suggestions for the Skyrim microstutter?
Use a frame limiter to cap the framerate to 60, then enable VSync. I use RadeonPro, most people will suggest MSI Afterburner with Rivatuner.
I just use malwarebytes + JRT + adwcleaner. Seems to work for me. Although i do wish there was a good free antivirus that protects you real time.
Panda Free.

I just use malwarebytes + JRT + adwcleaner. Seems to work for me. Although i do wish there was a good free antivirus that protects you real time. Malwarebytes used to do this for me (idk if the version i had downloaded was a pirated one or what, it was a friend of mines who introduced malwarebytes to me and gave a link) but sadly thats not the case anymore.

Drakhyrr

I used Avira until it was bought by Ask. Seriously, a malware maker buying an anti-virus company? You can't get more fucked up than that.

Been using free Avast since. I don't really know if it's good anymore, but I haven't had any virus problem in years, so it just stays there.

Except, you know, half the ad networks out there are pushing malware, and sites get injected with bad juju all the time.

Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
yes, cornerstone. therefore, destroy the pc version. It is a win win scenario they tell me.
Not enough prep time.

I can hardly wait to see a Batman-themed trading card game. That's what's next after a MMO and MOBA, right?
AVG announced they would start selling your browsing history to ad companies if you used free version. Also just in general panda scored much better in reviews.

...Damn. That's almost as bad as Hola.

I got it. I see it:

Telltale 60s Batman

Double-episodic. Release episodes in sets of two, so you have to buy the next part to see if he gets out of the crazy predicament some villain has put him in, same Telltale time, same Telltale channel! The first season can be three villains.

That wouldn't be entirely out of the realm of the possible. Batman 66 merchandise has been selling pretty hot lately. With Adam West getting up in years, I wouldn't be surprised they wouldn't try one more time to get a game out. Telltale wouldn't be a horrible choice.

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Naninights -- MB-A665097F802BDF2E - Taken by Mikurden
Pilot Crusader -- MB-543DBDE7E7F93086 - Taken by shockdude
Riddled Corpses -- MB-5AFA6F5E57657109 - Taken by Bayonetta
Nandeyanen!? The 1st Sutra -- MB-0EFFDFF9E41DD5E1 - Taken by Belgarion

Jazz573

Kaspersky is good, but their client UI is bad.
They also false positive. I couldn't run any IRC program on the box I tested it on without it being recognised as a "generic trojan"

(Their rescue disk is a great "shit I think I might have something but it's hiding itself from the OS" tool, tho)

I'm pretty sure all antivirus find false positives. I don't think it's possible to write an antivirus that is 100% accurate.

So i was playing Riddled Corpses, normally i dont really mind playing games at 30 fps but it really feels weird to play a twin stick shooter in that framerate :s

Jontron's full "Firework" cover.

The dude has legit chops. Was expecting a comedy cover. I like it better than the actual song
KuGsj.gif

Teggy

Finished the main story in Fallout 3. I'm going to play Broken Steel and then skip the other DLC and take a week or two break before going to New Vegas. Valid plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom