• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mpr30dQBXM1rgzubio1_1280.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Never Forget that deadly descents reveal. So fucking bad.
My mashed trailer came out so much better.

They forgot SSX was about the crazy tricks and jumps and tried doing it survival. I dont mind much the new focus but the falling hazard was the shittiest mechanic ever since you can fuck up the race anytime since the movement is not too polished and they do stages that really want to mess you up. I believe EA wont do HD remaster since there is licensing hell to deal with and with that they would rather do a new game. Tricky x 3 would be ideal tbh.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Time Gentlemen, Please! & Ben There, Dan that! -- MB-60BB0F6F108C2293 - Taken by GERGiEV
Shan Gui -- MB-306FA7E46E69B679 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe

:3

you really don't need 999 for VLR, i don't know why people always say that. I never played that game and I fully understood what was going on and enjoyed the game a lot

def sim

I finished chapter 31 of Phantom Pain. Huh

I don't know how much longer this game has left, but I'm going to start playing in longer bursts and find out what the hell is going on.

73V3N

Banned
you really don't need 999 for VLR, i don't know why people always say that. I never played that game and I fully understood what was going on and enjoyed the game a lot

Most people don't mean it as a "must play before VLR" but more like "you will enjoy it more if you completed 999"

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It just dawned on me that the reason I was probably interested in Gauntlet in the first place was that it reminded me a little of the Four Swords Zelda game. Mostly the 4 person dungeon crawling part.

I miss playing that game. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Unai

wtf why? its a ps1 game. damn man, these fucking publishers and their obsession with DRM.

Have you signed up yet?
The game has always online DRM, but I don't remember what it appears the first time you play. It never bothers you after registering once. Maybe the website is just not loading for you.

No, the game does not have always online DRM. I don't know where you get that from. Maybe the version at Square Enix store? Steam version only has a one time activation and that's it.

German preview of Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w..._witcher_3_hearts_of_stone,52902,3236799.html

td;dr: Very high quality on par with the main game and fantastic value for the asking price.
That's very nice to hear, even makes me want to ditch my plan of getting expansion when all of them are out and jump in now.

Just saw the rain scene in MGS5.

What the fuck.
That's Kojima sexualizing Quiet while claiming he didn't.

like 50 hrs of mgs5 and i never got the rain scene or any of these scenes with characters on motherbase with the exception of story ones. I have no clue how to activate those scenes man, one time i spent an entire hour going around mother base trying to trigger a character cutscene but nothing. I'll just youtube them all once i beat the game.

Ok, I didn't realise MSE was that abysmal. Or that Kaspersky was so good.

I'll have to think about switching over next time my term is up.
like 50 hrs of mgs5 and i never got the rain scene or any of these scenes with characters on motherbase with the exception of story ones. I have no clue how to activate those scenes man, one time i spent an entire hour going around mother base trying to trigger a character cutscene but nothing. I'll just youtube them all once i beat the game.

The facepalms and embarrassment are all the same, whether in gameplay or video form.

but aren't there more besides the ones related to quiet? like ocelot, miller, ddog, or pretty much anyone else? reviewers were saying how you should explore your mother base to trigger scenes with your team.
I, uh.. you might want to sit down.

The answer (still vague, but you better be sitting down):
Quiet has roughly half of all Mother Base "character" cutscenes, with one more beyond the rain and shower scenes. D-Dog's are purely mission-based once you pick him up. Then there's a couple that are more difficult to uncover; I'm not sure of the specifics--I never saw them.

The most important Mother Base stuff isn't in a cutscene. Go to the med bay door (2nd or 3rd level, I think) with a white light, enter, and then you'll understand. You will never be prompted or shown that it's even possible and there's nothing else like it in the game. Hopefully this isn't too direct of a hint.

Eila

No, the game does not have always online DRM. I don't know where you get that from. Maybe the version at Square Enix store? Steam version only has a one time activation and that's it.

Oooops, you're right. I was under the impression that you couldn't save if you didn't have an internet connection, but all it does is tell you cloud saving won't be available, and I could still access my saves.

I, uh.. you might want to sit down.

The answer (still vague, but you better be sitting down):
Quiet has roughly half of all Mother Base "character" cutscenes, with one more beyond the rain and shower scenes. D-Dog's are purely mission-based once you pick him up. Then there's a couple that are more difficult to uncover; I'm not sure of the specifics--I never saw them.

The most important Mother Base stuff isn't in a cutscene. Go to the med bay door (2nd or 3rd level, I think) with a white light, enter, and then you'll understand. You will never be prompted or shown that it's even possible and there's nothing else like it in the game. Hopefully this isn't too direct of a hint.

i already know about the room, marco gave me the heads up. if it wasn't for him I'd never would have known about it (well until you pointed it out just now :p)

Turfster

Ok, I didn't realise MSE was that abysmal. Or that Kaspersky was so good.

Kaspersky is good, but their client UI is bad.
They also false positive. I couldn't run any IRC program on the box I tested it on without it being recognised as a "generic trojan"

(Their rescue disk is a great "shit I think I might have something but it's hiding itself from the OS" tool, tho)

So I am trying to download from 2-8am as it is free bandwidth...

Last night i started and paused the witcher 3 download.. I set "auto-update downloads" to 2-8am. But it didnt start the download.. anyway to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom