• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as Capcom have pretty much bet all their chips on SFV as a service rather than release various Super Duper Street Fighter V Ultimate Hyper Climax Tournament Editions I wonder what their support plans are like for the next 5 years plus?

tmarg

Soooo, two more world warriors, one more real old returning character and three newcomers. Someone's missing in that case.

The way they're describing their MOBAish character system for this game, I have a feeling they will be adding A LOT of characters, probably fairly quickly. Getting worked up about which ones are there at launch is probably a waste of time.

Seeing as Capcom have pretty much bet all their chips on SFV as a service rather than release various Super Duper Street Fighter V Ultimate Hyper Climax Tournament Editions I wonder what their support plans are like for the next 5 years plus?

How do you know they have SFV as a service instead?

derExperte

Should I sell the Type 0 item now or wait a while? I don't need the money so if the value will go up I'll wait.

Imo you already missed the peak by a few hours, quantity is rising, price is slowly falling. But my timing has been wrong just yesterday, so.... throw a coin?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
NKDevOw.jpg

The Facility

Uzzy

Expand the character roster to the same point that Ultra Street Fighter 4 is now, I imagine. It took 6 years to go from 19 to 44 characters.

The way they're describing their MOBAish character system for this game, I have a feeling they will be adding A LOT of characters, probably fairly quickly. Getting worked up about which ones are there at launch is probably a waste of time.

I'd be shocked if they could hit MOBA numbers for character expansion, and I'm not sure how well that'd work really. It does take a lot of time to develop a fighting game character, and other games like Killer Instinct haven't expanded at a massive rate. They've gone from 9 to 18 since release in November 2013.

Dr Dogg

How do you know they have SFV as a service instead?

Because that's how they've laid out their plans so far. For example all new characters will be free additions rather than sold in different editions and they will be purchasable in game currency. Been plenty of coverage and streams about it already.

Expand the character roster to the same point that Ultra Street Fighter 4 is now, I imagine. It took 6 years to go from 19 to 44 characters.

I'm sure they'll release a road map at some point but this kind of approach allows them to be reactive to the current state of the game and try and inject new life into it at times when it's lagging. Should be an interesting experiment to watch especially considering it's one of their top franchises.

Jawmuncher

Because that's how they've laid out their plans so far. For example all new characters will be free additions rather than sold in different editions and they will be purchasable in game currency. Been plenty of coverage and streams about it already.

will be purchasable in game currency

This is where the real question lies, since we know nothing of pricing and currency obtaining. Have a feeling it will be skewed so that you might rather buy the currency than grind for it.

L.O.R.D

i am trying to change my avatar in steam
but it always give me this message

"No file received."
i mafe the photo 184x184 and still can't upload any photo

And while they promised that all characters can be earned, that doesn't mean backgrounds, skins, accessories, etc can be earned as well.

They're gonna FOMO you into buying R Mika costumes and they're probably gonna make a ton of money, too. As someone who doesn't care for that stuff I'm fine by that model myself. Just let me earn the characters

Dr Dogg

will be purchasable in game currency

This is where the real question lies, since we know nothing of pricing and currency obtaining. Have a feeling it will be skewed so that you might rather buy the currency than grind for it.

I imagine it to be grindy as fuck but as some said in the thread here it harks back to the arcade days of unlocking characters by playing the game. Then again that used to cost a small fortune in change to get access to the whole roster. I must have put enough money in the NBA Jam machine at my local arcade to buy the thing outright, twice!

L.O.R.D

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 120 pixels or 50.0 KB
in steam
Check the filesize and if it is under make the same avatar again and resave it.

Sometimes Steam doesn't detect it for some reason.

He said Steam, Jaw lol.

the size is 12 kb , what the maximum photo size in steam ? i can't find the rules for it

edit : i guess its not just me

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/527274088387715292/

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/527274088388046298/

Played a bit of Viridi today 'cause I saw a friend playing. It's a nice idea but I can't get over the camera controls and UI being so obviously aimed at tablet. Might check in with my plants but I have my doubts.

Tizoc

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/street-fighter-5-getting-three-more-brand-new-char/1100-6430278/

Soooo, two more world warriors, one more real old returning character and three newcomers. Someone's missing in that case.

The 3 rumored characters are Alex, urien and Karin.
If you actually bothered to follow the game you'd notice that this game's combat system has some neat elements to it. Such that returning SF2 characters could end up being different not just in this game by vastly different compared to their previous iterations.

gabbo

Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is finally on sale for a decent price outside a sale (that im willing to justify buying), and i'd rather wait for BB2 to drop.... fuuuuuu

Momentary

Banned
Come on.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

But to wish they'd stop because you were (justifiably) unhappy with the OPPW3 port's launch state? That's fucking ridiculous.

There are plenty of people who want the games and don't have unrealistic expectations for PC ports and are just happy to be able to play it. Not everybody arbitrary resoultion support and variable framerate to be happy.

OH come the hell on. They have a graphics menu that doesn't work. I want it to work. How is that being unrealistic. I'm not asking for variable frame rate. I'm asking for the shit not to be locked at 59 FPS. I'm asking for the controls to work properly.

I did go overboard by wishing that their garbage would stop cluttering STEAM, but I don't have unrealistic expectations. I'm not asking for 4K 120hz or all that other bullshit that PC enthusiast harp about.

They are selling a game for $50 with no online, LOCKED to the lowest graphical settings possible, fucked up frame rate AND they are using PS4 screenshots to advertise their game on their STEAM store page? No man. Koei Tecmo is a sleazy company.

And also, that don't like it don't buy it bullshit? I bought it thinking that Namco Bandai would have put boot to ass on that company and actually have them put out an competent product. I look at the screen shots and video and get excited. I buy the game hoping to support this movement going on. I start playing it. IT'S NOT THE FUCKING GAME THAT WAS ADVERTISED IN THE SCREENSHOTS! I already returned my money after being tricked with fake screenshots showing some decent graphical fidelity.

It's not like I hate Musou style games, I hate being fucking lied to. I'm tired of these damn Mortal Kombats and Batmans and KT games not working properly and being rushed to consumers. You mean to tell me those punks didn't realize their graphics menu didn't work when EVERY COMPUTER that its on right now is experiencing the same problem?

Lemme get back to playing Raiden IV with my ridiculous and unrealistic expectations.

Uzzy

The 3 rumored characters are Alex, urien and Karin.
If you actually bothered to follow the game you'd notice that this game's combat system has some neat elements to it. Such that returning SF2 characters could end up being different not just in this game by vastly different compared to their previous iterations.

Cute.

I've seen the Siliconera rumours too, and I'd be pretty delighted if we got Alex, Urien and Karin, to be honest. That'd be a more interesting mix of characters than getting two more world warriors in. Sure, quite a few of the returning SF2 characters are looking quite different, Vega and Ken especially, but I would vastly prefer more differences in the new game, and that I feel that that can only be achieved by not going back to the SF2 well again.

SF4 did that, which was great for the time. But I want to see different characters now.

Tizoc

Cute.

I've seen the Siliconera rumours too, and I'd be pretty delighted if we got Alex, Urien and Karin, to be honest. That'd be a more interesting mix of characters than getting two more world warriors in. Sure, quite a few of the returning SF2 characters are looking quite different, Vega and Ken especially, but I would vastly prefer more differences in the new game, and that I feel that that can only be achieved by not going back to the SF2 well again.

SF4 did that, which was great for the time. But I want to see different characters now.

Well we got Nash, Birdie and R. Mika :p
SF5 Claw is a character I really want to try out just to get to a better idea of how much he stands out and is different from their previous incarnation.

Anteater

OlliOlli is pretty fun, I keep messing up because I get the land and grind mixed up but getting used to it especially once I know the level, just a little hard to tell what you're landing on on the first try through the level.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
if only there was a way to make that but without the comedy and ugly art and without all the archer stuff

yeah like alpha protocol 2

just alpha protocol 2

that'd be cool

How many days and in how many ways must my "no one on my ignore list" policy be tested.

OH come the hell on. They have a graphics menu that doesn't work. I want it to work. How is that being unrealistic. I'm not asking for variable frame rate. I'm asking for the shit not to be locked at 59 FPS. I'm asking for the controls to work properly.

I did go overboard by wishing that their garbage would stop cluttering STEAM, but I don't have unrealistic expectations. I'm not asking for 4K 120hz or all that other bullshit that PC enthusiast harp about.

They are selling a game for $50 with no online, LOCKED to the lowest graphical settings possible, fucked up frame rate AND they are using PS4 screenshots to advertise their game on their STEAM store page? No man. Koei Tecmo is a sleazy company.

And also, that don't like it don't buy it bullshit? I bought it thinking that Namco Bandai would have put boot to ass on that company and actually have them put out an competent product. I look at the screen shots and video and get excited. I buy the game hoping to support this movement going on. I start playing it. IT'S NOT THE FUCKING GAME THAT WAS ADVERTISED IN THE SCREENSHOTS! I already returned my money after being tricked with fake screenshots showing some decent graphical fidelity.

It's not like I hate Musou style games, I hate being fucking lied to. I'm tired of these damn Mortal Kombats and Batmans and KT games not working properly and being rushed to consumers. You mean to tell me those punks didn't realize their graphics menu didn't work when EVERY COMPUTER that its on right now is experiencing the same problem?

Lemme get back to playing Raiden IV with my ridiculous and unrealistic expectations.

I said that you were justified in being upset about the launch state of One Piece Pirate Warriors 3... but you apparently missed that part and just felt like raging because you thought I said you were unreasonable for being upset.

I thought it was pretty clear, but apparently not based on this response.

I have a question guys. Right now I'm in Australia and I wanted to play some games on my laptop.

The thing is, If I download games like L4D2 and Team Fortress will they be censored? (I bought them when I was in Chile and they are uncensored there).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Allison Road Kickstarter coming soon!
4 September - HsbF6

Hello you fine people :)

First of all thank you very much for the continued interest, super appreciated.

I did read through the questions and I think most of them are answered by now?
Through our social media sites or via email I mean ?
If not, please leave a quick note and I'll pop back in this weekend to finish that!!

On another note.
We had a huge amount of people wanting to support us in one way or the other (which is amazeballs), so we decided to do a Kickstarter campaign, which will launch fairly soon. Will keep you updated.

The great thing about that is that you can support us in making the game if you want to, and we also get a chance to give you some cool perks in return. And we got some cool stuff planned :)

Thank you very much and please watch this space for an exact launch date and more information.
Oh, or you can sign up to our handy newsletter, to keep up to date with all things Allison Road.

derExperte

FF-0 DIDO bundle is tanking hard. Panic. Blood in the streets. Dogs and cats living together.
Still higher than what I sold mine for.

I have a question guys. Right now I'm in Australia and I wanted to play some games on my laptop.

The thing is, If I download games like L4D2 and Team Fortress will they be censored? (I bought them when I was in Chile and they are uncensored there).

No, you'll get what you bought, the censored versions are different subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom