• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why either of those? There are lots of licenses to be had outside Shonen Jump.

How many of them have the "widespread" draw of a Naruto or One Piece though? Not many.

I mean, make me a FMA RPG with some sort of awesome alchemy based combat system and I'll throw money at the developer.

But it won't happen.
Attack on Titan might also be good, but the series is kind of in limbo currently, I think?

Turfster

How many of them have the "widespread" draw of a Naruto or One Piece though? Not many.

I mean, make me a FMA RPG with some sort of awesome alchemy based combat system and I'll throw money at the developer.

But it won't happen.
Attack on Titan might also be good, but the series is kind of in limbo currently, I think?

A good dev just need to make an Airmaster fighting game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Groupees has a causal bundle with preorder. $1.5 minimum.

https://groupees.com/casual4

Didn't the previous Casual bundles not have Steam keys?

Edit: Investigation
https://groupees.com/casual3 <-- mix, about half and half
https://groupees.com/casual2 <-- mix, about half and half
https://groupees.com/casual <-- mix, mostly not Steam keys.

So I was wrong. There was a bundle they did that was all ultra-casual games with no Steam keys though, can't remember what it was called.

That's a shame. At least Steam refunds are a thing now. And like you said, at least it was only $2.

I guess I'll be fine. :)

8 hrs and im loving mgs5 but i got an issue. im tired of the desert tho, so boring after a while.

Looks like the honeymoon phase is over, huh?

Does really enjoying a game while simultaneously feeling like it's one of your biggest disappointments in a while make sense? That's honestly what I'm feeling the more I play Phantom Pain.

Yep. And it gets a bit repetitive IMO already and im only in mission 9.

Makes sense to me. I'm getting let down more and more the further along in the game I get.

:(

I can't agree or disagree yet, but I really get what you're saying.

If this was a new game I would be blown away by everything (aside from a few annoying quirks). But as a Metal Gear game it just is not hitting the right buttons... I don't know, it's like I keep waiting for the game to actually start, with a long ass introductory cutscene, total gun fetishism, and hokey voice acting. It's just missing a certain something the other MGS games had.

Yeah that's my reaction to it also. It isn't what I wanted, but what it is isn't bad and I'm curious to see more. I don't know what my final opinion on it will be.

Basically where I'm at. I love the way the game plays but the scenarios are uninspired and repetitive. The fun comes from the way you tackle stuff and stretch the mechanics, but that can only take you so far. It gets more and more grindy over time to the point where I'm bored now.

Going "open world" was a stupid idea, that was obvious from GZ.
GZ single-handedly pushed TPP back to "eh, maybe next summer sale"

I agree that going open world was a mistake, gameplay suffers from it, visiting the same location over and over. But regardless im enjoying the game a lot, what bothers me more than the open world is that snake is practically a mute.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I finished up Aquaria today. I honestly didn't give a shit about any of the story or the characters, and thought the art was pretty ugly most of the time, but damn if this game wasn't brutal as hell. I raged so hard at the gauntlet, because I wasn't patient enough to kill everything so I ran through it (and then I raged again later because I got through without picking up the last treasure, so I had to double back.) A lot of the bosses gave me a hard time, I swear I could've eaten my keyboard at the Golem with how shit I was against him.

It's still easily one of the best games I've played on steam. Thanks for giving it away a really long time ago, Lain!

Going "open world" was a stupid idea, that was obvious from GZ.

Yeeep. Ground Zeroes turned me off on Phantom Pain. The controls are great, but the open world design..eish. That and the fact that there's less focus on the story...meh.

Yeah, it disappoints me that there's less focus on the story this time. MGS is well known for its focus on the story, with the open world environment there's no way we'll get the same MGS experience like the previous installments.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah, it disappoints me that there's less focus on the story this time. MGS is well known for its focus on the story, with the open world environment there's no way we'll get the same MGS experience like the previous installments.

its a no-win scenario. People bitched for years about the games being movies, while the core fans loved it. Now, the people that bitched are loving it, while many core fans feel disappointed. Just be happy you got another MGS game. Also, there is actually quite a bit of story in the cassette tapes. They basically replace codec sequences.

donny2112

If it's not this, then I don't want it.

megamanvd.jpg

If it's that, I don' want it.

"I am Mega Man."

All he'd ever say.

its a no-win scenario. People bitched for years about the games being movies, while the core fans loved it. Now, the people that bitched are loving it, while many core fans feel disappointed. Just be happy you got another MGS game. Also, there is actually quite a bit of story in the cassette tapes. They basically replace codec sequences.

Yes, I actually enjoy listening to the radio in MGS V.
But that conspiracy Kotaku article and the comments from people who've already finished the game really made me worried. At least give me a good ending for the franchise, don't leave me hanging.

dex3108

So Batman patch is out and according first impressions forget this game if you have 2GB VRAM (unless you want to play on low). Great job WB/Rocksteady /s

GaussTek

Sorry this has already been mentioned, but I remember someone saying yesterday that MGS V and Mad Max sales data wasn't showing up on SteamSpy or something like it. Well, they show up just fine for me right now (so publishers weren't requesting to hide it, I guess).

Metal Gear Solid V has sold 324,468 ± 14,431. Not bad, I guess?

Mad Max is at 90,517 ± 9,240.

Edit. So MGS V data was already there, ahh well, just move along lol.

MUnited83

For you.
I remember someone saying yesterday that MGS V and Mad Max sales data wasn't showing up on SteamSpy or something like it. Well, they show up just fine for me right now.

MGSV showed up fine yesterday(and before yesterday as well). Mad Max data is not accurate at the moment, since the data has been collected for like only a day.

Vlad

I finished up Aquaria today. I honestly didn't give a shit about any of the story or the characters, and thought the art was pretty ugly most of the time, but damn if this game wasn't brutal as hell. I raged so hard at the gauntlet, because I wasn't patient enough to kill everything so I ran through it (and then I raged again later because I got through without picking up the last treasure, so I had to double back.) A lot of the bosses gave me a hard time, I swear I could've eaten my keyboard at the Golem with how shit I was against him.

It's still easily one of the best games I've played on steam. Thanks for giving it away a really long time ago, Lain!

I've really got to go back and finish Aquaria one of these days. I really liked it at the start, but the game just got more annoying the more I went along. Having to constantly switch between forms got really old, especially when there was at least one boss battle (don't remember which one, though) that required really frequent switching. Having to sing the songs back and forth was just way too clunky.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I've really got to go back and finish Aquaria one of these days. I really liked it at the start, but the game just got more annoying the more I went along. Having to constantly switch between forms got really old, especially when there was at least one boss battle (don't remember which one, though) that required really frequent switching. Having to sing the songs back and forth was just way too clunky.

You can use the number keys to switch between forms without having to sing.

Doto 2 type-0 items prices are rising again! :D

Sorry this has already been mentioned, but I remember someone saying yesterday that MGS V and Mad Max sales data wasn't showing up on SteamSpy or something like it. Well, they show up just fine for me right now (so publishers weren't requesting to hide it, I guess).

Edit. So MGS V data was already there, ahh well, just move along lol.
I was hoping it would break 500k, but still decent enough.

Vlad

You can use the number keys to switch between forms without having to sing.

Ohhh, they must have added that after I played. I'll definitely have to go back to it now.

Of course, it's been so long that I'll probably have to start over.

Backlogger

this is really really amazing goal in rocket league

http://i.imgur.com/EVcrZYs.webm

Amazing. I still can't figure out how to get that much air or even keep that much control when I am up there. Edit: Too bad I can't see that player's UI. Would like to see how much boost they had to work with there. Edit2: Nvm, they had 100...

So Batman patch is out and according first impressions forget this game if you have 2GB VRAM (unless you want to play on low). Great job WB/Rocksteady /s

Yeah, its basically like they added some new graphics settings and maybe fixed some issues folks were having with textures not loading, but its still an unoptimized pile of crap. It sucks because I really enjoy the game for what it is. It looks amazing at 60 FPS too, but as soon as you start gliding around the performance is all over the place. I have 4 GB of VRAM

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Iesabel -- MB-A25362418E12C091 - Taken by fertygo

So if you go the individual Groupees pages for new bundles:

- https://groupees.com/bm22 ( I own none)
- https://groupees.com/casual4 (I own 3)

and type !iown (link to your profile) in chat, like !iown http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobnowhere/ it will tell you how many games you already own by scanning your profile.

Oh man the first patch of Batman AK is out.

Now only if it wasn't September... oh well, I'll revisit the game in December or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom