• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

me irl

lKg9I1T.jpg

Anteater

mad max is ok

combat is as simple as sleeping dogs from what i've played so far, you drive around a pretty wasteland and collect stuff, it's pretty at least

Salsa

mad max quick look was boring but Alex made it sound worse than what it seemed by what they were playing

i'll still wait on it cause all signs point to it reaching $15 in like a month

mad max quick look was boring but Alex made it sound worse than what it seemed by what they were playing

i'll still wait on it cause all signs point to it reaching $15 in like a month

I think it's more that he plays so many of those open world Ubisoft games and WB games that it just feels weird for that to be a Mad Max game.

I really am starting to think you're working with a 540p res here or something

Native res on a 2015 macbook pro, in fact, here's a fullscreen capture @ 2880x1800 just to give you an idea:

E8qSNLS.jpg

I'm not going to quote it either, for full effect.
In my original attempt to capture the screen, the image of your 5% beer wouldn't even fit in the entire viewable tab area.

Anteater

why is that screenshot so huge and why is everything so zoomed in

i mean like look at the icons on those tabs, they're all pixelated

Maniac

Banned
Salsa alcohol cred going down hard

I can. What now ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We do have to drink a lot to forget the economic and political state of our country, yeah :p.
I wouldn't exactly describe it as "quite hot" though. There's certainly some heat waves here and there in the summer where it gets rough.

It's gotta be hotter than Denmark. This fucking place is hella cold. And Vodka & coke, whilst not great, works. It does what it needs to; gets you hammered. For something more sophisticated and tasteful, do try Licor 43 with Coke. It's pretty great. And ofcourse, Jagerbombs are the shit.
I drink too much
Native res on a 2105 macbook pro, in fact, here's a fullscreen capture @ 2880x1800 just to give you an idea:

E8qSNLS.jpg

In my original attempt to capture the screen, the image of your 5% beer wouldn't even fit in the entire viewable tab area.

You disgust me.

Macbooks are terrible and you should feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

And gnite peoples. If my cat hasn't shown up by tomorrow I'm gonna go round murderin folk. You've been warned.

Native res on a 2015 macbook pro, in fact, here's a fullscreen capture @ 2880x1800 just to give you an idea:

E8qSNLS.jpg

My only problem is with the avatars. They seem ruined at that resolution :(.

You disgust me.

Macbooks are terrible and you should feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

I do what I can... glad to see I've managed a homerun in this case.

He does say that supporting resolutions above 1080P is asking the world of developers.

Huh, guess since I'm posting from a mac, I should start bitching that all these games don't work on it and expecting developers to port their games here just cause I happen to own one. That's how that works right? ;)

My only problem is with the avatars. They seem ruined at that resolution :(.

The full glory of 1800p, perhaps?

fertygo

24 hours in, still at 4% progression (mission 10). I'm pretty bad at stealth game and the scarce checkpoints just make it worse. Moreover, all of these negative comments about the ending just killed the reason for me to beat the game.
At this point, I'm leaning toward dropping the game for now.

No way I'm dropping game that expensive to buy btw >_>

Anteater

those dudes in the intro in the phantom pain are horrible

it's not so hard to take out a dude that could barely move and another dude that's unarmed, yo

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Huh, guess since I'm posting from a mac, I should start bitching that all these games don't work on it and expecting developers to port their games here just cause I happen to own one. That's how that works right? ;)

I hate when we go off-topic about the Vita.

yuraya

MGSV is GOAT stealth game and its not even debatable. There is nothing like it and won't be for a while imo.

91k concurrent peak today as well. The thirst is real. Konami better release legacy collection on pc. If they don't it will be the crime of the century.

MGSV is GOAT stealth game and its not even debatable. There is nothing like it and won't be for a while imo.

91k concurrent peak today as well. The thirst is real. Konami better release legacy collection on pc. If they don't it will be the crime of the century.

You are correct in everything you just said.
Makes me wonder about the future of Splinter Cell.

~Kinggi~

Banned

I mean, it would in fact sell a lot.

I don't think the Legacy collection will ever come to anything but PS3, I can definitely see the HD collection coming to PC though. MGS4 just isn't going to get ported I don't think.

I would re-buy Snake Eater and Twin Snakes, I'll take the updated GC visuals with the game breaking mechanics and stupid cutscenes. I would stick MGS2 in a rollerblade and kick it off the edge the oil rig it takes place on and stick MGS4 in the bottom of Zero's bedpan.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Yeah, mechanics wise it is head and shoulders above the competition. Takes a lot of the concepts the series has kept around since MGS2 and found a way to improve them in every way. A lot of thought went into making each scenario playable in a variety of different styles, and making each of them enjoyable to play out.

I miss the more tightly designed puzzler stealth style of the older games, but this is undoubtedly the most accessible "Stealth" game yet.

No way I'm dropping game that expensive to buy btw >_>

Temporarily. :p
I'll be keeping my eyes on the mods and tweaks then I'll give the game another chance.

Indeed.
I'm loving the stealth mechanics, the AIs are so smart and realistic.

I'm bummed that I finished MGS V, that was the big thing I was looking forward to all year so now I feel kind of empty inside. Which is definitely sad :p

fertygo

Is writing something along the line "I can't get into the game because I playing the sequel first" for refunding reason are bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom