• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Them Fighting Herds looks like it's going to shape up to be a nice fighting game. It's definitely going to get funded, and from what I heard of the builds, the team knows what they are doing. The devs being able to use the Skullgirls engine is some great stuff. Crowd funding starts on September 21st and i'm pretty sure Steam is one of the goals. INB4 this gets misconstrued and the thread is side tracked about MLP and Bronies.

Gameplay Teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAD7ZNmDsM

But can I play as my OC?

Or at least a moose.

zkylon

zkylewd
When you do Story only it is not that bad :D But i couldn't bother with Creedathon before AC Unity that is just too much.
yea i guess if u just do story it's not so bad

but like, playing those games again is like, ugh no pls

maybe 2, i'd like to play 2 again and see if i'd still like it

I don't get it

I mean I feel kind of bad that we got a lot of lists because of my impressions/review from MGSV. But I would have thought people like knowing completion times. I'll take it out from future posts if it's an issue.
it's a joke, u sensitive jumbo dumbo

Jawmuncher

But can I play as my OC?

Or at least a moose.

Next reveal is a pegasus it looks like, but I could have sworn moose was on the table.
11951250_419117721619916_1690989862892316058_n.png

yea i guess if u just do story it's not so bad

but like, playing those games again is like, ugh no pls

maybe 2, i'd like to play 2 again and see if i'd still like it

it's a joke, u sensitive jumbo dumbo

My bad, i'm so bad at reading into stuff sometimes.

dot

Them Fighting Herds looks like it's going to shape up to be a nice fighting game. It's definitely going to get funded, and from what I heard of the builds, the team knows what they are doing. The devs being able to use the Skullgirls engine is some great stuff. Crowd funding starts on September 21st and i'm pretty sure Steam is one of the goals. INB4 this gets misconstrued and the thread is side tracked about MLP and Bronies.

Gameplay Teaser:

Oh wow, this actually looks fun and cute.

it uses ggpo too which is always nice...

Sup everyone, I hate to always come in here with a question but you all are by far my most helpful resource.

I'm trying to voice chat with my friend through Steam and I can hear him but he can't hear me. There is a microphone sign with a red slant through it (think no smoking sign) in my chat box, yet when I go to options and hit test microphone it shows that it is working fine. I'm not on hold to talk, it should recognize my voice whenever I talk. Also, neither of us could hear eachother when trying to communicate through Rocket League voice chat, but my name showed up on the screen showing that it recognized my mic. Can't find any fix and I don't know if it's my computer or his.

Here is the punching GIF I promised from MGSV.

Thanks to messiah for linking it to me.
Real Credit to Baust

Hahaha!

Deitus

Sup everyone, I hate to always come in here with a question but you all are by far my most helpful resource.

I'm trying to voice chat with my friend through Steam and I can hear him but he can't hear me. There is a microphone sign with a red slant through it (think no smoking sign) in my chat box, yet when I go to options and hit test microphone it shows that it is working fine. I'm not on hold to talk, it should recognize my voice whenever I talk. Also, neither of us could hear eachother when trying to communicate through Rocket League voice chat, but my name showed up on the screen showing that it recognized my mic. Can't find any fix and I don't know if it's my computer or his.

I've had similar issues before with my friends. Usually after dicking around with menus and windows settings for awhile and not finding anything, we just restart Steam, and if that doesn't work, reboot our PCs. Generally, that clears it up.

I've had similar issues before with my friends. Usually after dicking around with menus and windows settings for awhile and not finding anything, we just restart Steam, and if that doesn't work, reboot our PCs. Generally, that clears it up.

Heh, I guess we didn't try that... Thanks!

Hahaha!
It sounds like you've muted your mic. Fiddle with its properties or settings menu in Windows.

N
Marvel Heroes. Did you pay or just played the free portion of it for hundreds of hours?

In Marvel Heroes online I sunk probably around $400 into it over the 2+ years I played it.

To easy my withdraw I played Lego Marvel Superheroes. I just 100% the game.

Da5b.jpg

Whew that was a bit annoying towards the end.

Teggy

Speaking of long playing times, the 4 man group I played 200+ hours of Borderlands 2 with finally put Borderlands The Pre-Sequel to bed with just over 50 hours. B2 does have more DLC, but we also played through it 3 times, something we weren't compelled to do with BTPS. Oh, and the final boss in the Claptrap DLC sucks.

Not sure what we will be playing next, but Left 4 Dead was suggested.

2 hour long cutscenes.

The best Steam refund-proof strategy ever.
Based Konami & Kojima.

I wonder if other devs are thinking about it as well.
If they make a lengthy prologue, there'll be no chance for gamers to judge the gameplay.
I'm not saying I'd rather have a refund for MGS V, but what if Arkham Knight had 2 hours of prologue that run beautifully?

MGSV would be better if they doubled down on Mother Base and the soldier recruitment, cut out the Big Boss stuff entirely, and made you play the soldiers you recruited. Then when they die, they die. Now, suddenly, the brutal checkpoints work and the rest of the game could become a lot more interesting.
Was Alan Wake originally an episodic game?

They wanted to make an open world game originally, and then I think it nearly ended up as an episodic game, yeah. IIRC the first chapter was free, unless I'm thinking of Fable or something.

In any case, Alan Wake had a... troubled development.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Gameplay Teaser:

No SFV R. Mika style ass-zooms, no buy.

Deques

I just realized that after playing Hero of the Kingdom II, I surpassed 3,000 Steam achievements.

qPA7zM7.png

I wish there was more achievement-based functionality on Steam.

Congrats on your 3k unlocked achievement milestone.

Me myself recently got over 6000 achievements unlocked after playing Crimsonland
4Qzfnb1.png

Steam certainly need a better achievement functionality, like a better showcase on rarest achievements. Right now it only shows six rarest.

You are welcome :p

For not telling me about the beta while I was banned?
For sending me a copy out of guilt -- or more likely to shut me up and stop nagging you about the previous -- which I then (essentially) gave away for the "birthday" lashbot incorrectly informed Veggie about? :p

Thanks!! ;)

Congrats on your 3k unlocked achievement milestone.

Me myself recently got over 6000 achievements unlocked after playing Crimsonland
4Qzfnb1.png

Steam certainly need a better achievement functionality, like a better showcase on rarest achievements. Right now it only shows six rarest.

I passed 4k not too long ago but I have a shameful completion rate of only 25%!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Oh my...

Finally a shmup that lets you choose the display, I will buy it for that alone :p

That said I have no clue what game this is...

Edit: blue revolver, got it
Shoot'em ups have some of the best soundtracks that never get recognized.

Don't think anything has topped Danmaku Unlimited 2 yet in this genre IMO.

Maybe I'm alone with that opinion, but I think the danmaku 2 OST is not very good *hides in the corner*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom