• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

I'm not playing MGS V at the moment, but I've gotten plenty on my Steam feed of Anime Snake, the dog, and a photo that I guess makes me ashamed of my words and deeds.

Rest assured that Kojima offers perfect explanations for everything regarding Quiet. I'm sure I'll see it for myself soon enough.
Factually incorrect. That title belongs to Killing Floor 2, hands down.

Not sure I've ever put 70+ hours into an unfinished game before. :D
Nope!
I'm still mind boggled as to what happened to Killing Floor 2, used to be able to play it without issues and now just:
20150903_19315513u1h.jpg

Every other game I have launches without issue, have completely erased everything from the game and reinstalled and the same happens. Guess I will have to actually contact the devs and see what is up.

Acccent

Someone made a thread for the TellTale make-a-bundle deal, but not for the sale overall, I think. But overall there's just a lack of interest in sale events off Steam.

If you think it warrants a thread, by all means make one.

I think there was a thread or two about the build a bundles for Telltale and Devolver, but I don't know if there was a thread about the sale in general. The build a bundles were pretty much the only part of the sale worth mentioning so far imo.

ah, alright. Seems like I didn't miss much then. Thanks !

RE4 -91 Hours
Dead rising 2: Off the Record -84 Hours
GTAIV -63 Hours
FFXIII -61 Hours
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -55 Hours
Telltale's The Walking Dead -53 Hours
Prison Architect -34 Hours
Starbound -31 Hours
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition -31 Hours
Team Fortress Classic -31 Hours

Caerith

What's with all these lists? I guess I should contribute towards getting this thread moved to community:

• Fallout: New Vegas - 243 hours, beaten once
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - 146 hours, 100% achievements but maybe 70% of content
  • Team Fortress 2 - 133 hours
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V - 131 hours, 28% achievements
  • Divinity: Original Sin - 118 hours, haven't finished yet
  • Saints Row: The Third - 96 hours, 100% non-multiplayer achievements
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - 89 hours, haven't finished
  • Agarest: Generations of War 2 - 82 hours, haven't finished
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 69 hours
  • Risen - 65 hours, beaten once
And because I'm kinda embarrassed about having TF2 and Agarest 2 on my top 10 list, here's 11 and 12:
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 65 hours, beaten once
  • KOTOR 2 - 63 hours, beaten once
Thanks, I'll do that. I was expecting overlap between the games, but apparently that's wrong.
Just want to chime in and say you're doing the right thing by playing all the Hexcells games in order.

Rest assured that Kojima offers perfect explanations for everything regarding Quiet. I'm sure I'll see it for myself soon enough.

Nope!

Works fine for me.

To my knowledge, he's the only one with that problem so far (since he can't find a solution on it or thread reporting it). Maybe it's something related to his 4k display.

------

Guys, stop with the lists. This wasn't my content in responding to jawmuncherc. Turfster is going to hate me more than he alrwady does at this rate.

It's a 1440P monitor(tv is 4K though) so maybe it's a weird gsync issue. Given it's seemingly unique maybe it is my graphics card but given the lack of game halting issues with other games I doubt it. I mean I can't even launch Killing Floor 2 without it completely crashing my computer and forcing me to use the restart button.

XShagrath

What the hell. (Sorry, Turfster). My top 10 played is probably way different than everyone else's.

1. Rocksmith 2014 - 616 hours
2. Plants vs. Zombies - 308 hours (mostly the Mrs.)
3. Clicker Heroes - 69 hours (idling, of course)
4. Kingdoms of Amalur - 68 hours
5. Rocksmith - 63 hours
6. AdVenture Capitalist - 60 hours (idling)
7. Sleeping Dogs - 59 hours
8. Puzzler World - 59 hours
9. Magic 2014 - 58 hours
10. Saints Row: The Third - 48 hours

MGS V is full of weird leering eye shit. Any time a woman is on screen the camera either lingers on her ass, crotch or breasts for at least a few seconds before moving onto the next body part. Really jarring in a game that wants to be taken seriously and it's a shame that so few people have called the game out on it.

It's a 1440P monitor(tv is 4K though) so maybe it's a weird gsync issue. Given it's seemingly unique maybe it is my graphics card but given the lack of game halting issues with other games I doubt it. I mean I can't even launch Killing Floor 2 without it completely crashing my computer and forcing me to use the restart button.

I've seen kf2 be stubborn about launching from steam and I've seen it refuse to detect steam was running, but that's the extent of my troubles with the game (outside of one night where it looked like it wiped all my class data).

What gfx card are you using? Can you find another display to try with? Are you in the preview branch for the beta?

For reference I'm running with a GeForce 770 2gb @ 1080p-ish.

Jawmuncher

MGS V is full of weird leering eye shit. Any time a woman is on screen the camera either lingers on her ass, crotch or breasts for at least a few seconds before moving onto the next body part. Really jarring in a game that wants to be taken seriously and it's a shame that so few people have called the game out on it.

Yeah I was rather disappointed in those shots, even if it's been around in the series awhile.

I've seen kf2 be stubborn about launching from steam and I've seen it refuse to detect steam was running, but that's the extent of my troubles with the game (outside of one night where it looked like it wiped all my class data).

What gfx card are you using? Can you find another display to try with? Are you in the preview branch for the beta?

For reference I'm running with a GeForce 770 2gb @ 1080p-ish.
I'm using a 980Ti with the latest drivers and windows 10. Stable build, I'll try launching the game via my tv in a bit.

Nzyme32

It's my biggest annoyance with Metal Gear games. I can handle the wackyness and everything else, but that leering shit is both annoying and just makes the games feel like they are designed for juvenile kids. There's no class, style or elegance to the way it is done at all

MUnited83

For you.
What the hell. (Sorry, Turfster). My top 10 played is probably way different than everyone else's.

1. Rocksmith 2014 - 616 hours
2. Plants vs. Zombies - 308 hours (mostly the Mrs.)
3. Clicker Heroes - 69 hours (idling, of course)
4. Kingdoms of Amalur - 68 hours
5. Rocksmith - 63 hours
6. AdVenture Capitalist - 60 hours (idling)
7. Sleeping Dogs - 59 hours
8. Puzzler World - 59 hours
9. Magic 2014 - 58 hours
10. Saints Row: The Third - 48 hours

image.php

you killed someone? might as well scrap the save file, wait a few months for Enhanced edition
I do have two saves before I killed Loic
Not really,
you don't really have to infiltrate the Immaculates, you can kill them all the moment you see them and still finish the game.

He will stay in the Waiting room until you get more space or you dismiss him.

This is what I have done. Basically if you were an immaculate you were killed. If you are right then I just need to find more star stones(or whatever they are called ) for that door and get Leandra with her sister.

Salsa

should I grab Max and the curse of broterhood

I remember thinking it looked nice but then again it was like the first indie game on XBO so maybe that was it

Turfster

Are you guys done doing shitty lists?
Oh, guess not.

Well, Celestian Tales Old North is 42% off on Humble for 9 hours, denegerates

Salsa

I think I played Don't Starve too early

I just got to a save where I was set. had a big camp and was having no issue

I should go back eventually. the MP update seemed cool

the long dark is def the best survival game on steam tho

I think I played Don't Starve too early

I just got to a save where I was set. had a big camp and was having no issue

I should go back eventually. the MP update seemed cool

the long dark is def the best survival game on steam tho

I think I'm gonna wait on The Long Dark to add its story mode. Played a fair bit of the sandbox stuff.

rtcn63

I *was* wondering what happens to your horse after you enter the chopper,
he gets fulton'd. Anyways, I was doing a story mission, and when I died, the game check pointed me on the opposite side of where I was... I ended getting an E rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom