• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Killing Floor 2 still crashes my computer when I use my tv so it doesn't seem like a monitor issue. Oh well.

Tried disabling or unplugging your monitor(s) before trying the TV? Might be because of Gsync being switched on or something, I dunno. I'd also try checking NVCP, especially if you've edited your Global settings, or if Gsync is switched on in there.

Otherwise I'd recommend a clean driver install and see if that helps. Sometimes weird shit like this can even be due to an audio driver, too; so I'd check that aswell.

... And that's all the ideas I dun got. :|
I *was* wondering what happens to your horse after you enter the chopper,
he gets fulton'd. Anyways, I was doing a story mission, and when I died, the game check pointed me on the opposite side of where I was... I ended getting an E rank.

The check points are fucking awful

Poor as fuck design, that. Then again, Kojima & co evidently aren't all that great at doing an open world. I mean it's... Functional, but god damn it's the bare minimum of what makes an open world a good thing to have in a game.
mad max is ok

the game looks really pretty

it has a heavy focus on just punching dudes instead of being a tps/fps so that's cool if you want to just drive around punching stuff in the dick

I punch dicks all day erry day.

Yesterday I shot a dude in the dick with my rocket launcher in MGSV, it's all good. Explosive fist yo.

Honestly City is a bit too jam-packed, it improves on a lot of individual elements of Asylum, but it's also kind of all over the place, and it really didn't benefit that much from being more open world. When I first started it I was kind of annoyed at all the open world side-quest stuff that's yelling for your attention. (the constant banter by thugs on the streets/riddler trophies/ringing phones etc) There was also a bit of an overload of abilities and gadgets. I didn't really get into it until I went back some time later, unlike Asylum which grabbed me right from the start.

Origins is the superior open world Arkham game.

Vuze

mad max is ok

the game looks really pretty

it has a heavy focus on just punching dudes instead of being a tps/fps so that's cool if you want to just drive around punching stuff in the dick
Looks pretty indeed. I'll pick it up for cheap someday for sure

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
why do we still have to do the archaic and un-intuitive ctrl-alt-delete command to log on to workstations, isn't that weird in this day and age?

Haunted

MGSV has the best core gameplay of the series but its structure and pacing are pretty awful.

I would've preferred them building the game as a coherent, linear whole instead of dragging the pacing of an otherwise strong stealth/action game down with repopulating outposts in huge, empty environments, hundreds of side ops that are appropriately named "Destroy Heavy Infantry #07" and "Extract Prisoner #12" and of course, the completely tiresome management thing.

Origins is the superior open world Arkham game.
I think the whole open world thing was a bit of a misstep afte Asylum's brilliant Metroidvania-like pacing.

Between City and Origins, I think Origins has too many amateurish mistakes and C-tier characters in terms of the Batman canon to be the better experience, but both have huge level design flaws and so Asylum remains the best one.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have a problem with ctrl+alt+dlt

because we've been doing it for ages

imagine being new to computers, after spending your childhood with tablets and whatnots, then being introduced to a computer for the first time and being told: ah, to log on you simply have to press the ctrl button, the alt button and the delete button at the same time.

Arthea

kindly bugger off, these are good lists, because it's about games played, not just bought

What's with all these lists? I guess I should contribute towards getting this thread moved to community:

• you have a good taste, and there is nothing to be ashamed of with Agarest

so much CoD!

What the hell. (Sorry, Turfster). My top 10 played is probably way different than everyone else's.

list

Your list is refreshingly alien, only one with Rocksmith too.

SteamGAF2 is a clan you can join. please do

there's only like...5 of us

yeah guys, join! We are the best clan after all.

Oh boy, listing~

list.

You know what's most shocking, no horror games at the top, how, why?

Congrats on your 3k unlocked achievement milestone.

Me myself recently got over 6000 achievements unlocked after playing Crimsonland
    http://i.imgur.com/4Qzfnb1.png[/IMG

Steam certainly need a better achievement functionality, like a better showcase on rarest achievements. Right now it only shows six rarest.[/QUOTE]

Hey! we have the same rarest achievement, why is your completion percentage so high, when did this happen?
    [QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://abload.de/img/su_cheevos_2015fmssi.jpg

I agree, it would be nice to have at least 10 cheevos showcase, because with 6 it's usually dominated by one or two games.

Deques

in your dreams!

are you going for 50%?
It seems nigh impossible to me and I'm trying to reach it for a year or so.

correction: for 8 months not a year

I am trying for 50%, but since I removed a few achievements from games that I probably won't play and have 1 unlocked, the completion rate hasn't changed. It should be 49% now or 50% if rounded up according to astats

Arthea

I am trying for 50%, but since I removed a few achievements from games that I probably won't play and have 1 unlocked, the completion rate hasn't changed. It should be 49% now or 50% if rounded up according to astats

so... you are cheating to reach 50%!
how could you!

Warframe...that was fun. i had played shortly after it entered beta, but stopped for a year. i started up again with the people i played Minecraft with. but i've since become estranged with them. but it was a very fun set of hours i played. it's a very different game now, though, still adjusting.

Warframe is such a strange situation for me. I've played the game for over 300 hours. I took a break from the game for a few months because everyone burns out on it eventually. When I decided to try it again I fired it up and I had no idea what was going on. They've changed and added so much stuff that I couldn't even recognize the game anymore. Obviously new content and updates are a good thing for any game but if you've reached the point where veteran players can't even intuitively figure out the new main menu then maybe you've taken it a step too far.

I spent about 5 hours today sucked in to the new Diablo 3 Season / Update. So good.

Tomorrow I go back to my regular routine - back to work, and back to making updates to Enhanced Steam and/or Idle Master. It's been a slow recovery for me the past week, but (like always) gaming has done wonders to help me through the hard times in life.

Good to hear you're recovering well man. Add me on battle.net (spindoctor#6282) and maybe we can play some Diablo some time.

I have to thank whoever it was that went around the wasteland painting all the climbing and shimmying locations in Mad Max bright yellow. Some sort of super helpful post-apocalyptic OH&S organisation.

Arthea

I have to thank whoever it was that went around the wasteland painting all the climbing and shimmying locations in Mad Max bright yellow. Some sort of super helpful post-apocalyptic OH&S organisation.

that was SteamGAF2 clan, you all should join!

blatant advertising, yeah

There is sorta interesting indiegogo project on greenlight - East District 46
not much to show yet and art is hit and miss, inconsistent even in that limited showcase, but having three game modes is quite interesting idea and a concept is not bad.

Between City and Origins, I think Origins has too many amateurish mistakes and C-tier characters in terms of the Batman canon to be the better experience, but both have huge level design flaws and so Asylum remains the best one.

The C-Tier villains are the best part of Origins. Electrocutioner is the most memorable boss in the Arkham series.

Tales From Borderland update: Ep 3 is awesome. This concludes the Tales From Borderlands update.
The C-Tier villains are the best part of Origins. Electrocutioner is the most memorable boss in the Arkham series.

Mr. Freeze right there, jaundicejuice. You've made a terrible oversight.

The ep. 3 title sequence is the best so far, very cool.

Yes. Yes it is. Capital A Art, right there.

There's such a feeling of freshness compared to TellTale's other stuff. It has no qualms with what it should be, and just goes for it. With gusto. And it even makes Borderlands' humour work.

I'm really taken aback by the sheer quality of it.

yuraya

Finished up MGSV.

The game was phenomenal and the story was very crazy. I am so depressed now thinking how we may never get another MGS game. I am really hoping Kojima takes a break for a few years and later returns to make MGSVI after patching up whatever issues with Konami. That would be the best case scenario.

The industry won't be the same without these games. They are so special T__T

Hektor

Finished up MGSV.

The game was phenomenal and the story was very crazy. I am so depressed now thinking how we may never get another MGS game. I am really hoping Kojima takes a break for a few years and later returns to make MGSVI after patching up whatever issues with Konami. That would be the best case scenario.

The industry won't be the same without these games. They are so special T__T

I'd rather see him and Del Toro going to some other pub, developing deaf mountain.

derExperte

Thanks again to HP_Wuvcraft but I'm sure someone will get more use out of this than me. Note that it's not B2 the main game but a Halloween themed skin pack for assassins.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borderlands 2: Assassin Madness Pack -- MB-CA503C4804F522B9 - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.

t1441720544z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom