• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Pk4FFfu.jpg

Leo’s Fortune - HD Edition

Jawmuncher

When was this announced? Just Now?

I don't see anywhere to pre-order it yet. Though to be fair I would probably just get the season pass. I'm just more curious about this since it came out of nowhere. Also apparently you have to be level 30 to play the DLC, can't recall what level I got to. If i'm too low, I guess I can just play some more or just use a console command. These are physical items for the expansion.

Only thing I have found is that it will be 20 dollars for this box.

Ludens

Banned

I don't see anywhere to pre-order it yet. Though to be fair I would probably just get the season pass. I'm just more curious about this since it came out of nowhere. Also apparently you have to be level 30 to play the DLC, can't recall what level I got to. If i'm too low, I guess I can just play some more or just use a console command.

Is this valid from Steam?
I mean, if I preorder the season pass, I'll get those additional gwent cards?
EDIT: Or...those items are physical?
EDIT 2: There's also a discount on GOG, 15% off, but for Heart Stone only, not the season pass.

fertygo

I don't see anywhere to pre-order it yet. Though to be fair I would probably just get the season pass. I'm just more curious about this since it came out of nowhere. Also apparently you have to be level 30 to play the DLC, can't recall what level I got to. If i'm too low, I guess I can just play some more or just use a console command.

I thought they gonna have card at HearthStone <_<

Jawmuncher

Is this valid from Steam?
I mean, if I preorder the season pass, I'll get those additional gwent cards?
EDIT: Or...those items are physical?

This is all physical stuff. I guess they want to try and get more money from the season pass. Since I would guess this expansion and the next will both have a limited edition for 20 each. Which if you bought both would be 15 dollars more than just buying the regular season pass.

Deques

Only thing I have found is that it will be 20 dollars for this box.

Looks like it's physical edition only :(

FloatOn

Scholar of the First Sin progress report:

- Beat throne defenders and Nashandra
- Beat most of DLC 2 (except for Sir Alonne)
- Beat Ancient Dragon

Next up:

- Beat Sir Alonne
- Beat Vendrick
- Beat Dark Lurker
- Start DLC 3

I'm having a ton of fun with this magic buff build :D

Ludens

Banned
This is all physical stuff. I guess they want to try and get more money from the season pass. Since I would guess this expansion and the next will both have a limited edition for 20 each. Which if you bought both would be 15 dollars more than just buying the regular season pass.

Bah, I don't need real gwent cards, also the expansion should be GOG only if I buy it physical. I just want a 15% off on season pass on Steam...and I hope to be able to finish MGSV for October, lol.

- Beat Ancient Dragon

Next up:

- Beat Sir Alonne
- Beat Vendrick
- Beat Dark Lurker
- Start DLC 3

FROM, please give me a deal on SotFS soon. Went Sorcery in DS and it was OP as fuck. Went full STR in DS2 and it was fun, but after making it to NG+ it was basically press Attack to Awesome. Tried respecing, but wasn't far enough to imbue weapons yet.

Arthea

something I noticed about Be Mine bundles, it started with 6 games, rose steadily until reached 13 games before X and stayed there for some time, then it started to fall, 10 games in BM15, 9 in BM20 and we are back to were we started, full circle. So what's next? A new cycle or the end of it all. To illustrate it better, here

BM1 - 6 games
BM5 - 9 games
BMX - 13 games
BM15 - 10 games
BM20 - 9 games
BM24 - 6 games

Finally Regina gets a crossover with Witcher 3 no less.

amazing!

We call them weirdos.

we do?

Deques

something I noticed about Be Mine bundles, it started with 6 games, rose steadily until reached 13 games before X and stayed there for some time, then it started to fall, 10 games in BM15, 9 in BM20 and we are back to were we started, full circle. So what's next? A new cycle or the end of it all. To illustrate it better, here

BM1 - 6 games
BM5 - 9 games
BMX - 13 games
BM15 - 10 games
BM20 - 9 games
BM24 - 6 games

Could it be that they focus too much on the Greenlight bundles? Before they had them the main BM bundles had more games and also higher quality of games, now it seems to be crappy games

MUnited83

For you.
Could it be that they focus too much on the Greenlight bundles? Before they had them the main BM bundles had more games and also higher quality of games, now it seems to be crappy games
Not really. The current BeMine is better than many of the first 10 BeMines.

Arthea

I'm too lazy to check thoroughly, but dropping in game numbers per bundle (every, not only BM) is very much related to lower amount of bonuses, especially game bonuses.

Not really. The current BeMine is better than many of the first 10 BeMines.

that's not true

Arthea

It's very, very true. The current BeMine is pretty good.

you can't be serious

here is be mine 5 for comparison

X-Blades
King's Bounty: The Legend
NEO Scavenger
Kung Fu Strike

BTA

Tropico 3
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Dreamscape

BTA2

Earth 2150 Trilogy
Septerra Core

derExperte

What was the last bundle you didn't think was good though? Not everyone is looking exclusively for +1s. BM2 for example had: The Baconing, Plain Sight, Madballs in Babo: Invasion, Beat Hazard, Sol Survivor and Killing Floor. Killing Floor, Beat Hazard and Baconing! Many of the others had at least one bigger game too.

Stupid question, but is there anyway to pick up and drop off in the Helicopter in MGS w/o having to exit map and redeploy?

D-Horse is awesome and all, but when I have two side ops on each side of the map...traversing is kind of a pain. I've just been ending the mission and redeploying. Which is still kind of a pain.

Deques

You are probably thinking the old bundles suck because they are old and many games are rebundled in other bundles, while the newer ones don't have games that have been in other bundles.

The latest BM bundle is indeed very bad

Chariot

Stupid question, but is there anyway to pick up and drop off in the Helicopter in MGS w/o having to exit map and redeploy?

D-Horse is awesome and all, but when I have two side ops on each side of the map...traversing is kind of a pain. I've just been ending the mission and redeploying. Which is still kind of a pain.
Ya could use the postal fast travelling system with the box delivery stations.

Chariot

I keep seeing this but i'm not too sure how it works. Please explain, brah.
There are orange platforms in every bigger camp with a shield and a invoice paper. Take it and then you can travel to from other package stations. You just put yourself into box and then push "E" then you can quicktravel in that box to any other package station where you took the invoice. Like on motherbase.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I keep seeing this but i'm not too sure how it works. Please explain, brah.

There are little postal truck delivery drop-off platforms at every major "city" and base. You can sit on one with your cardboard box just like back at Mother Base, hold the button whenever the prompt appears and select any place you're registered to be delivered to. In order to register, you need to snag the shipping manifest from the sign by the post.

Do that, and you can fast travel across the map. It won't get you straight to the smaller encampments, but it can help save you a ton of time.

jeez, i have 24 hours into the game and i've never seen that platform.

I guess i need to keep an eye out for those, especially since i've been rolling with DD lately so i've been taking some long ass runs

def sim

There are orange platforms in every bigger camp with a shield and a invoice paper. Take it and then you can travel to from other package stations. You just put yourself into box and then push "E" then you can quicktravel in that box to any other package station where you took the invoice. Like on motherbase.

Word, I just found out about this over the weekend. There should have been an in-game scene explaining it; going in the chopper every time to "fast travel" was a pain in the ass.

MUnited83

For you.
you can't be serious

here is be mine 5 for comparison

X-Blades
King's Bounty: The Legend
NEO Scavenger
Kung Fu Strike

BTA

Tropico 3
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Dreamscape

BTA2

Earth 2150 Trilogy
Septerra Core
I said it's better than many of the first 10 and you only show one of the bundles? I fail to see how that proves me wrong.

What was the last bundle you didn't think was good though? Not everyone is looking exclusively for +1s. BM2 for example had: The Baconing, Plain Sight, Madballs in Babo: Invasion, Beat Hazard, Sol Survivor and Killing Floor. Killing Floor, Beat Hazard and Baconing! Many of the others had at least one bigger game too.
But it wasn't anything to do with +1s. This bundle has legitimate good games on it.
You are probably thinking the old bundles suck because they are old and many games are rebundled in other bundles, while the newer ones don't have games that have been in other bundles.

The latest BM bundle is indeed very bad
Nah. Its good.

Arthea

I said it's better than many of the first 10 and you only show one of the bundles? I fail to see how that proves me wrong.

But it wasn't anything to do with +1s. This bundle has legitimate good games on it.

Nah. Its good.

Could you tell me why it is so good?

Weren't you also insisting that RPG maker HB is awesome when nobody agreed?

The true hero that SteamGAF needs is a flamethrower.

who do you wanna torch? just checking

def sim

A lot of useful stuff in the loading screen.

Ah the loading times are quick enough on an SSD that I haven't been reading those. I'll try to read a couple before moving on. I still would have preferred Ocelot saying something about it, though.

Dr Dogg

who do you wanna torch? just checking

No one in particular just certain posting habits (some of which are mine own too).

So a
Walker
gear? :p

Funnily I was getting a few issues where some chumps I Fultoned back didn't play nice with the other kids I had captured against their own free will (I can't imagine why) but the solution was fairly simple though only explained in a loading screen tip.

- Beat Ancient Dragon

Next up:

- Beat Sir Alonne
- Beat Vendrick
- Beat Dark Lurker
- Start DLC 3

You made a possible mistake in your route, sir... I did sort of the same.
I took out Throne Watcher/Defender (not even Nashandra, I warped out) and was prevented for triggering the new optional end boss that I fought 80 times as a summon. :\

--

Lemme get in on this new form of listing in here too; this one goes out to Turfster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom