• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
280sw007883.gif

Terra_Ex

Kind of amazed Dogma is finally coming. Been praying for it for so long I thought it would become another Red Dead Redemption affair. It should be incredible on PC.

Fuck. Yes.
Even getting it free with PS+, I put it off because talk of the framerate being highly unstable sounded like I'd be better off playing other games and hoping it came to PC. My waiting has paid dividends, it seems.

The irony that you castigate anyone wanting a higher rendering res in their games yet you have a flipping capture from a system using high DPI scaling. That or a not so subtle joke that I'm sure might have some boiling over :p

Happenstance is more like it... and I don't castigate for *wanting* -- where I get pissed off is with people who think they're outright entitled to it just because they have hardware that supports it. Hell, my "display" has to use scaling to 1824x1026 because of overscan -- and I prefer if I can get a game to use that arbitrary resolution over 1920x1080, but if I can't, I'm not going to flip tables and start screaming that it's a shit port because it doesn't fit my highly specialized parameters. Can't wait til the temper tantrum brigade starts adopting HTC Vive or Oculus Rift or some other VR technology and then bitches because every new game that comes out doesn't have support for it. :p

Deitus

That's great news on the Dragon's Dogma port. About damn time.

Not sure if I'm going to triple dip on the game though, considering I didn't make it far on either my two attempts to play through it.

Dr Dogg

Well MT Framework is a weird beast and only recognises very specific resolutions (I've never got 3200x1800 show up in a MTF game ever) and is caped at 120fps which might be a 'blow' for those with odd resolution or 144hz displays but hey mustn't grumble.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Never played Dragon's Dogma, but it looks nice on screenshots. Is it as good as it looks?

let just hope its not as broke as Dark Souls port
Actually Dark Souls wasn't broken, it was just shitty. And the port was bad too :p

(I kid, I kid! I don't like the game, but I still appreciate it and think it's good)

Nabs

Yup. The only bad PC port Capcom has done (this is coming from someone who played the PC versions of Dino Crisis 1 and 2. Both great ports even back then) is the ORIGINAL PC version of Resident Evil 4. And that was primarily controls.

And wasn't that technically a Ubisoft port?

GaussTek

Yup. The only bad PC port Capcom has done (this is coming from someone who played the PC versions of Dino Crisis 1 and 2. Both great ports even back then) is the ORIGINAL PC version of Resident Evil 4. And that was primarily controls.

And Dead Rising 3, but to be fair, that's not from Capcom Japan :p

Never played Dragon's Dogma, but it looks nice on screenshots. Is it as good as it looks?

it was one of those late-gen games that looked great but ran like shit and looked soft, along with black bars and everything

it was the poster child of PLEASE PUT THIS ON PC FOR FUCKS SAKE so i'm super happy to give it a real go when it comes to PC

madjoki

Wasn't Dead Rising 3 considered bad too?

And wasn't that technically a Ubisoft port?

Huh, It was. I never knew that. Mainly because I dodged it because I heard how bad it was.

Capcom has never made a bad port then lol.

EDIT

And Dead Rising 3, but to be fair, that's not from Capcom Japan :p

Wasn't Dead Rising 3 considered bad too?

I forgot Dead Rising 3 was on Steam actually. I did hear problems with that so you got me there. I remember now, wasn't Capcom Japan though but, stll Capcom lol.

I've heard bad things about the DMC3 port.

OH! You're right the PC port of DMC3 is actually pretty bad. So that's one I'll concede to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Legit excited for Dragon's Dogma

Dr Dogg

Anything MT Framework, seeing as it's a native PC engine, has been stellar. RE Revelations 2 was a bit wonkey at release but runs like the absolute clappers now.

Better because it looked like shite on last gen but the gameplay was really what drew me to it. It's a bit short on story beats and really needed a proper fast travel system but Dark Arisen made it a bit more tollerable to explore Gransys. I hope someone mods in the original title music though.

Do any of you guys have regular account login attempts from other locations?
I used to get them occasionally, but with Steam Guard wasn't worried. Recently I had a few and thought damn, I should probably change up my password anyway (I redid a whole bunch of account passwords).
So I changed it 2 days ago, and by today I have already had 3 attempts to access my account. It was a completely new password.

Is this common? I'm wondering if my password is leaking from a device or something. Or maybe a 3rd party steam login I did is leaking it, althought I haven't done that at all since i changed it?

It's been happening to people from time to time, yes. Though I can't recall if anyone from SteamGAF has experienced it or they haven't brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom